PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bjorn Werner

BritPat

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
You'll all be begging for him to declare come January, and you'll be declaring him your binky.

I'm just making you all aware, I was first, as I was with Vollmer.

:cool:

You'll all be begging for him to declare come January, and you'll be declaring him your binky.

He's been discussed at length, and has been on my short list for a long, long time. Not sure he's reached binky status yet, but he's definitely in the top group of guys to watch. And the way he's started the season, he'll not only declare, he'll be a top 20 pick. I personally consider him the second coming of Justin Smith.

I just watched some tape on him, OMG I'm loving his burst off the line! Binkie status fast approaching!

Ah crap, another guy to get attached to that the Pats will never have a chance at.

I have also been aware of him for a long time, but i personally prefer brandon jenkins.

Also number one on my wish list but I think he'll go top 10. Only reservation with him is that he's dropped quite a lot of weight - I wonder whether this will detract from his abilities against the run. He's got 5.5 sacks so far this season I believe. Here's another ridiculous stat for you: Geno Smith has thrown more TD's than incompletions so far this season! Do I hear RGIII rise?

If he continues to play at this level, he will be out of reach for the Pats- Top10 pick.

I remember you being one of the first on the Solder train, but not so much with Vollmer.

Oh, that reminds me, Nick Caserio et al. need to send Werner some, ahem, brownies come Combine time. . . .

Last edited:
I remember you being one of the first on the Solder train, but not so much with Vollmer.

Oh, that reminds me, Nick Caserio et al. need to send Werner some, ahem, brownies come Combine time. . . .

I think Vollmer's my claim to fame on here! Wes Bunting noted how fluid he looked in the Shrine Game practices a few years ago, I did some homework and he became insta-binky.

Just a shame his back is made out of sawdust. He's one of the best OT's in the league when he's on his game.

NE Pats Draft has been tweeting again tonight about this game, really looking forwards to it. It'd be just like Werner to have a stinker now! Gotta love the Germans though, they may be on to a loser when it comes to taking over the free world, but their people are amongst the most noble, hard working and reliable. Their sportsmen are phenomenal. If you're a soccer fan, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.....

I think Vollmer's my claim to fame on here! Wes Bunting noted how fluid he looked in the Shrine Game practices a few years ago, I did some homework and he became insta-binky.

1 ~ Big fan of yours, Brother Brit, but I gotta correct you, on your lofty and unfortunately euphonious claims: My boy, Brother Mayo, has been onto Werner since way back in the day!! Carefull!! :nono:

2 ~ But if you were Made The Call on the somewhat obscure Sebastian Vollmer, back in the day, congratulations are very much in order, Brother Brit!! :rocker:

Was it that you mocked him to us, or did you fire up a Scouting Report on'm? Or both?? :eek:

Just a shame his back is made out of sawdust. He's one of the best OT's in the league when he's on his game.

NE Pats Draft has been tweeting again tonight about this game, really looking forwards to it. It'd be just like Werner to have a stinker now! Gotta love the Germans though, they may be on to a loser when it comes to taking over the free world, but their people are amongst the most noble, hard working and reliable. Their sportsmen are phenomenal. If you're a soccer fan, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.....

Having lived there twice (Dusseldorf and Berlin during the seventies [Soviet tanks etc]), I'm going to agree with you. Jokingly much maligned by the Brits but the Germans are as friendly a people as I've met.

2 ~ But if you were Made The Call on the somewhat obscure Sebastian Vollmer, back in the day, congratulations are very much in order, Brother Brit!! :rocker:

Was it that you mocked him to us, or did you fire up a Scouting Report on'm? Or both?? :eek:

Can't quite remember. I'll do a forum search and link the few posts.

Having lived there twice (Dusseldorf and Berlin during the seventies [Soviet tanks etc]), I'm going to agree with you. Jokingly much maligned by the Brits but the Germans are as friendly a people as I've met.

My step-mother is German (my father was in the Army and was stationed in Dortmund in the 70's and 80's - when he came out he stayed over there and remarried) and she's adorable. I went over a few years after my dad had a heart attack, and I loved it. I really want to go again, along with the family.

My step-mother is German (my father was in the Army and was stationed in Dortmund in the 70's and 80's - when he came out he stayed over there and remarried) and she's adorable. I went over a few years after my dad had a heart attack, and I loved it. I really want to go again, along with the family.

Beautifull place. Astonishingly clean.

I was stationed in Mainz ~ Lee Barracks ~ and two of the best memories were getting lost in Mainz. One of them was downtown, and I roamed around, late at night ~ possibly in an inebriated glow :D ~ peering in the front of random storefronts that looked like they'd been there since 1327....and quite possibly had been!! :eek:

I actually have a 1/64th same blood 6th Cousin ~ we share the same Great Great Great Great Great Great GrandFather, give or take!! ~ who lives in DusselDorf ~ she's an Horse Doctor!! ~ who my Freulein and I visited, once...traveling down the Rhein and seeing Lorelei, HeidelBerg Castle, and all that is a trip I won't soon forget.

1 ~ Big fan of yours, Brother Brit, but I gotta correct you, on your lofty and unfortunately euphonious claims: My boy, Brother Mayo, has been onto Werner since way back in the day!! Carefull!! :nono:

Box was one of the most vocal Vollmer supporters on this board prior to the 2009 draft. Man I miss him.

Werner is a stud. No doubt about it. He and Chandler Jones would make an incredibly awesome pair of bookend DEs, and Werner would also be dominant in a NASCAR package.

Box was one of the most vocal Vollmer supporters on this board prior to the 2009 draft. Man I miss him.

What ever happened to Box? The draft forum isn't the same without him. Last I saw he posted earlier in the year over at Patriots Planet, but I haven't seen anything since then. I hope everything is ok and he makes a mayo-like epic return because he was a great contributor.

What ever happened to Box? The draft forum isn't the same without him. Last I saw he posted earlier in the year over at Patriots Planet, but I haven't seen anything since then. I hope everything is ok and he makes a mayo-like epic return because he was a great contributor.

I understand he had health problems, but I don't know the details. I PM'd him in May, but he never replied. There are far more important things than football and I hope first and foremost that he is well, or on the road to wellness. But I will always regard him as one of the best and brightest ever on this board, and I hope he is well enough to come back at some point.

There are quite a few 4-3 de types whom might be available when we pick. I like Ninko. But, he's not really suited for this new defense. Right now my first round possibilities are;
Werner
B. Mingo - LSU
S. Montgomery - LSU
W.Gholston - Mich St
J. Jeffcoat - Texas
D. Taylor - South Carolina

Some very good prospects who could become 1st rounders.

D. Jordan - Oregon
B. Jenkins - FSU - If he passes physical at the combine
A. Okafor - Texas
C. Washington - Georgia - No Jarvis Jones but he's pretty good.
J. Simon - Ohio St - I know. Too short. Great motor though.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back