PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE to hit the open market

Status
Not open for further replies.
doug martin in round 3....problem solved

in that case, the pats need to get rid of ridley and woodhead, give BJGE a lifetime deal......they need to get rid of vereen also, because he fumbled in college

people who have fumbled before need not apply

So far this has been a day of bad news.

Might be.

BJGE might want to break the bank. Oh well, if so, now I see why BB drafted Vereen and Ridley. Ridleys fumblitis is concerning though.

in that case, the pats need to get rid of ridley and woodhead, give BJGE a lifetime deal......they need to get rid of vereen also, because he fumbled in college

people who have fumbled before need not apply

There is no indication that your comments were intimated or stated...

Last edited:
Might be.

BJGE might want to break the bank. Oh well, if so, now I see why BB drafted Vereen and Ridley. Ridleys fumblitis is concerning though.

He fumbled twice. :bricks:

I like Benny a lot, but he just doesn't have "enough" for me to be upset whether he stays or goes. If he stays, fine; if someone else is going to pay him a lot more money, good for him, and also fine. Wish I felt more strongly one way or another.

Last edited:
I like Benny a lot, but he just doesn't have "enough" for me to be upset whether he stays or goes. If he stays, fine; if someone else is going to pay him a lot more money, good for him, and also fine. Wish I felt more strongly one way or another.

About the only situation I get p***ed here is if he leaves à la Gaffney, signing something like 4 y/$8M elsewhere.

I'm grateful for his production over the past two years, mostly 2010. But how about we give the ball to the guys who we drafted so damn early but never get playing time. I know there were injuries but you get the gist.

We can Maroney , he is still out there.rested ready to go.

About the only situation I get p***ed here is if he leaves à la Gaffney, signing something like 4 y/$8M elsewhere.
Generally, I agree, but i'd be p***ed even if he gets more- like 3y/$7M or 4/$10.

Last edited:
Why do people want BJGE?

Besides his reliability (no fumbles) he really doesn't offer much. Ridley is just flat out better.

I'm excited to see what Ridley/Vareen will offer next year.

I wish BJGE the best of luck with his new team.

Might is the operative word...

We might have a guy who never fumbles..

We might have a guy who has a nose for the goal line..

We might have a guy who is low maintainence and is a positive influence on this team...

Lots of mights...

Well we have a guy with fumble problems named Ridley......We have an unknown in Vereen and this has to be a make or break year for him. Seems like he is on the Chad Ocho program for learning the playbook and is injury prone....not good so far. Then we have woody who is great sporadically but they can't run him as much as last year or he is going to get concussion syndrome! BJGE NEVER FUMBLES.....he doesn't do the irish jig at the LOS, he is a proven dependable and sturdy back who always fights for the extra yard. I would like the pats to keep the guy....BUT...he did have turf toe or something last season. Is he recovered from that (not sure there is such a thing?) Everything involving him with us and other teams may hinge on him passing a physical with those foot probs.....

Why do people want BJGE?

Besides his reliability (no fumbles) he really doesn't offer much. Ridley is just flat out better.

I'm excited to see what Ridley/Vareen will offer next year.

Ridley dances, fumbles and doesn't block

Lawfirm doesn't fumble, runs down hill and can block fairly well.

Ridley dances, fumbles and doesn't block

Lawfirm doesn't fumble, runs down hill and can block fairly well.

The problem is, he only runs a couple of yards downhill at a time.

Addition by subtraction.

Yeah, I don't see this as a huge loss if he goes elsewhere. BJGE might fumble 0% of the time, but he also breaks free for a large gain 0% of the time. I'll happily take on the added risk of an occasional fumble for a guy like Ridley who has playmaking ability.

I don't seeing the Pats paying more than $3m annually for BJGE. In my opinion, BJGE will be playing somewhere else next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes