PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE to have more opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless his hands have grown a bit I don't see him getting more opportunities.

It's hard to sell the pass when he's in the backfield.

i hope BJGE replaces Morris.

God ... that's just plain awful posting IMO.

Morris when healthy can run inside and outside, he can block and he can catch.

BJGE can run inside .... period ... that's all he can do.

God ... that's just plain awful posting IMO.

Morris when healthy can run inside and outside, he can block and he can catch.

BJGE can run inside .... period ... that's all he can do.

Morris is a good RB- when healthy.

While I like BJGE and would love to see him stick around, I can't believe he was far from the bottom on the 53-man roster.

His problem is not that he takes a step back ability-wise, but rather that 53 players appear on the roster who represent greater value to the organization than he does. I have no doubt that Faulk, Maroney, Taylor and Morris possess greater organizational value than he does, even given inconsistent play and injury potential. That leaves him at #5. While he is good insurance policy given the injury history of Taylor and Morris, I can't picture him as the go-to guy replacing any of 1 through 4 on the roster.

His real problem is that BB likes his running backs to be multiple tricks ponies, they must be able to run, block, and catch passes out of the backfield or in the flat.

As far as I see, in TC, he has been working on his catching (which was a weakness). He has worked with JUGS often and hopefully we will see a difference this year.

Yes, if the team think that he is better than others, he will make the team and get more opportunities. duuuuuh!

==============
He said that third-year running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis could get more of an opportunity to run the ball this year if he continues working hard and the coaching staff determines that the team can be better with him running the ball more than someone else.

Re: BGE to have more opportunities?

That's true, but he was also getting reps at FB, quite a few of them if I remember correctly. That may have been because BB was a little hesitant to give him the ball for some reason, but still wanted him to have a role on the team. You can view that as negative (kept off the field as an RB due to poor blitz pickup and lots of inexperience compared to Morris/Taylor/Faulk, or was simply not as effective a runner) or a positive (BB wanted to get him on the field and BJGE proved to be a good drive blocker).

He seemed to play well with the opportunities he was given in 08 as an RB, and again as FB in 09. Works hard, plays hard.

For the record, I don't think he's as talented as Maroney, but has a more downhill attitude and is more decisive with his cuts. I also think he's mentally tougher than LoMo, having fought his way onto the team for 2 training camps in a row now.

I agree with u.....I think BJGE was good when he got some reps and had several good games in relief. I think he is equally as good as maroney and makes cuts/decisions a lot quicker. Maybe Taylor isn't going to make it and bjge will get more reps.......

So BenJarvus has made the team two years in a row now, improving and becoming more versatile each year... and now people think the Pats are going to cut him? Based on what?

He's young, isn't injury prone, and runs much harder than Maroney. If the Pats want to pound the ball more this year, I'd love to see Law Firm getting the ball more. He's exactly what they need.

Amen brotha !!!! Go pats!!

BJGE is noting more then a ST/FB/#5 RB he has not been anything more the last 3 year's and he won't be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes