PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE to have more opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BGE to have more opportunities?

Nice to see the good words on G. Warren, D. Lewis, and Crumpler.

Seems like those guys fly under the radar a bit, but could end up having quite an impact this year.

I listened to the press conference and based on what was said and the way it was said, Law Firm is clearly on the roster bubble.

From what I saw, he has been getting plenty of reps in camp, both at RB and on ST. I don't see how they would allow him so much reps if they were going to cut him, because that is taking reps from someone else.

He said that third-year running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis could get more of an opportunity to run the ball this year if he continues working hard and the coaching staff determines that the team can be better with him running the ball more than someone else.

:confused2:

Hoyer could get more starts this year, too, "if he continues working hard and the coaching staff determines that the team can be better with him throwing the ball more than someone else."

I never listen to what Belichick says in press conferences. BJGE will be given opportunities to make the roster and possibly move up the depth chart and replace Sammy Morris (who looked to be slowed from age and injuries last year). I still think he is on the bubble.

From what I saw, he has been getting plenty of reps in camp, both at RB and on ST. I don't see how they would allow him so much reps if they were going to cut him, because that is taking reps from someone else.

Uh, its training camp, that's why.

:confused2:

Hoyer could get more starts this year, too, "if he continues working hard and the coaching staff determines that the team can be better with him throwing the ball more than someone else."

Exactly. BB did not say that BJGE will get more time. He just praised his work ethic.

Someone bought the generic nonspeak hook, line, and sinker. That description applies quite well to literally everyone in camp right now.

Generally speaking, when people frame things up as being "vs" Maroney (our best RB) and BJGE (our 5th best RB), it's a strain on credibility. If he's going against anyone, it's Fred Taylor or Chris Taylor.

Last edited:
Uh, its training camp, that's why.

Then how come Slater wasn't taking reps at PR, KR, lead block in ST?

This year, ST is an area of focus- they really aren't fooling around there, after falling to #15 last year after being #3 in KR in '08.

It only takes one player to screw up protection in KR.

The players I have seen working out in ST have been consistently the same.

Slater hurt himself in first practice and hasn't been seen since.

i hope BJGE replaces Morris.

So BenJarvus has made the team two years in a row now, improving and becoming more versatile each year... and now people think the Pats are going to cut him? Based on what?

He's young, isn't injury prone, and runs much harder than Maroney. If the Pats want to pound the ball more this year, I'd love to see Law Firm getting the ball more. He's exactly what they need.

Slater hurt himself in first practice and hasn't been seen since.

I saw him on 2 occasions, and I missed quite a few practices, especially the first few.

So BenJarvus has made the team two years in a row now, improving and becoming more versatile each year... and now people think the Pats are going to cut him? Based on what?

He's young, isn't injury prone, and runs much harder than Maroney. If the Pats want to pound the ball more this year, I'd love to see Law Firm getting the ball more. He's exactly what they need.

That's a great question. You should ask Deus, BradyFTW, and mgteich. They will give you a non-biased answer you are willing to hear.

Re: BGE to have more opportunities?

BJGE could make the team. He could be the week one starter. Hell, the way this team works, he could start at right tackle for all we know.

But the reality is that he was the RB5 last season, and he had a grand total of 26 carries. That's 3 fewer than Brady, and that's with Morris and Taylor missing a combined 14 games, and with Maroney being in the doghouse post-fumble.

I don't think anybody said that Lawfirm will be cut. In fact I'd guess that most people like the guy because he does put the effort in when he gets an opportunity.

Still to even suggest that he is even close to as talented or as good as Maroney is ludicrous.

Still to even suggest that he is even close to as talented or as good as Maroney is ludicrous.

I think you have to differentiate between talent and performance. Some players have all the talent in the world and don't meet their potential. Others are the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes