PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE re-signed, three other FAs not named Raheem Brock or Matt Roth signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The New England Patriots signed unrestricted free agent C Chris Morris, restricted free agent RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, veteran free agent OL Jonathan Compas and rookie free agent RB Richard Medlin. Terms of the contracts were not announced.

Last edited:
Good to hear about BJGE, now just suck it up and sign a contract, Mr. Solder.

Wow im shocked that the pats went and signed Richard Medlin. This guy has unreal vision i remember watching him and said wow he seems to find the tiniest gaps in defenses and breaks what would be a 1 yard gain to a 5/6 yard gain. I only got to see him play 2 games but he stood out really good vision. Hope he makes the practice squad!

Wow im shocked that the pats went and signed Richard Medlin. This guy has unreal vision i remember watching him and said wow he seems to find the tiniest gaps in defenses and breaks what would be a 1 yard gain to a 5/6 yard gain. I only got to see him play 2 games but he stood out really good vision. Hope he makes the practice squad!

I just posted about him in the UDFA signing thread. 2 things I noticed about him? Very powerful legs and great vision. Don't know if he's ever fumbled..

Also a decent pass catcher.. Don't know about fumbles though.

I just posted about him in the UDFA signing thread. 2 things I noticed about him? Very powerful legs and great vision. Don't know if he's ever fumbled..

Also a decent pass catcher.. Don't know about fumbles though.

Just saw a vid of his highlights. I agree that he has scary vision and instincts.

Kind of tough to judge what he can actually do as it was all Division II competition.

Would be a nice story if he makes it.

...so apparently they were not right at the roster limit, needing to drop Clayton to sign Roth, Brock, or Omenyiara.

Kettani vs. Faulk vs. Morris vs. Medlin for the #5th RB/ST spot.

Great to hear that the Law-Firm is back.

Kettani is an interesting PS possibility he was pretty good at the USNA as I recall.

I like the Morris signing compete as a backup for Koppen.

Has the contract terms been released yet?

Last edited:
Didn't BJGE just sign his 2nd round tender offer?

Patriots re-signed restricted free agent RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis to a one-year, $1.835 million.

1.8 Million was the 2nd round RFA tender number for a RB.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

--RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (tendered at $1.8M with second-round pick as compensation) should be back in 2011 unless another team is willing to part with a draft pick in order to acquire him from New England, which seems unlikely.

Last edited:
I have to believe that the Pats will work on a longer extension as the season moves along but I could be wrong. What is the likelihood of this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes