PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Nears Patriots All Time Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, with 2 games to go, is nearing the modern day New England Patriots touchdown mark. Curtis Martin in 1995 & 1996 set his career highs with 14 Touchdowns ( Martin average 4.0 ypc & 3.6 ypc those seasons while losing 5 fumbles ). Corey Dillon set his career high in touchdowns, his last two seasons, with 12 TD's and 13 TD's. ( Dillion averaged 3.5 ypc, and 4.1 ypc in those seasons while losing 3 fumbles.)

BJGE currently has 12 TD's, with two games left. He is averaging 4.3 ypc, greater than any of the four seasons mentioned above. Further, BJGE has never fumbled in his career.

Last edited:
Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, with 2 games to go, is nearing the modern day New England Patriots touchdown mark. Curtis Martin in 1995 & 1996 set his career highs with 14 Touchdowns ( Martin average 4.0 ypc & 3.6 ypc those seasons while losing 5 fumbles ). Corey Dillon set his career high in touchdowns, his last two seasons, with 12 TD's and 13 TD's. ( Dillion averaged 3.5 ypc, and 4.1 ypc in those seasons while losing 3 fumbles.)

BJGE currently has 12 TD's, with two games left. He is averaging 4.3 ypc, greater than any of the four seasons mentioned above. Further, BJGE has never fumbled in his career.

Great stats! BJGE is incredibly underrated. He is having a fantastic season, even if he doesn't have the star name recognition.

I would love to see him break free more often, I think he's quicker and tougher than he gets credit for by every announcer. Very strong runner, extremely rare that he loses yards, and never having a turnover on his hands is huge. He's one of my favorite players on the team and i'm glad he's finally getting his play time this year. Ever since he had his snaps in 08 with Maroney down from injury i've thought he should be promoted on the depth chart.

I think NE should draft a RB for depth in a mid to late round though, BJGE and Woodhead have proven all season long they can carry the run game, but we lack depth. I doubt fragile Freddy will be back another year making $3m or however much he makes when he has under 400 yards rushing in his NE career. Maroney had more production than him.

Last edited:

What do you mean by modern day? you mean just ever.

Last edited:
BJGE will be carrying the load for the Patriots for years to come. I also bet he will have a couple pro bowls under his belt before he's done.

BJGE will be carrying the load for the Patriots for years to come. I also bet he will have a couple pro bowls under his belt before he's done.

I'm not sure he'll make many probowls, the AFC is stocked with talented RBs who will win the popularity voting contest over him.

I have been a big fan of Ben all along, always wishing he would at least get a shot behind Maroney, but I must say, I was not aware of his stats in comparison with those other great Patriots backs.

Thanks for assembling that.

BJGE will never carry the load. 200 carries a year max.

Until another Corey Dillon shows up, that is way it will be.

Sucks that he fell behind pace for 1000 yards last night. I know I'm a stat whore here but I want a 100 yard game from him to get him back on pace.

As long as BJGE scores more touchdowns than Corey Dillon, fumbles less, and has a greater yards per carry average, I'm fine with that.

What makes you say this? His lack of success? Because he constantly fumbles? Or because he's made of glass?

He will get the bulk of the carries if he keeps it up, in my opinion.

It's crazy that he should be anywhere near 1000 yards and the record for most TD's by a Patriot considering he started only 9 games.

Sucks that he fell behind pace for 1000 yards last night. I know I'm a stat whore here but I want a 100 yard game from him to get him back on pace.

I fully believe if the O could have gotten on the field a bit more he would have, Our running game was going great we had 113 yards on 16 carries. We just had to throw the ball more in the end because we were coming from behind.

I think BJGE and Woody are great for this team and embody what it is to be a patriot. The sad thing is i have been leaning in alot of my recent draft looks on getting ingram if he falls... but that is more of a luxury as BJGE is more than adequate back there

What makes you say this? His lack of success? Because he constantly fumbles? Or because he's made of glass?

He will get the bulk of the carries if he keeps it up, in my opinion.

Because Dillon was a superior RB on almost every measurable level.

Would you rather have Stanley Morgan or David Givens as a WR?

I have been a big fan of Ben all along, always wishing he would at least get a shot behind Maroney, but I must say, I was not aware of his stats in comparison with those other great Patriots backs.

Thanks for assembling that.

Always big fan of BJGE...watched him in college where he racked up some records. Always hoped he would get his shot....and as maroney fumbling and dancing....was praying they would just give Ben some reps....and let him prove himself....and it has all come to fruition....and I am really happy for him. Most fans on here wanted him cut or thought he sucked....glad I was one of the original believers!! Go BJGE...AND Go Pats!

I don't think it's because he lacks the talent. I just think the 250+ carry back is now extinct in the NFL. You just wear them down too fast when you give them heavy loads. BJGE will be on a timeshare but he will get the majority of carries for the forseeable future unless we draft a monster who will take over for him. He is a very servicable back and we have Woodhead for 3rd downs.

Well, the last 2 games are actually favorable for run games. The Late december game vs Buffalo and early Jan in Mass. Buffalo is always cold and windy ...although that doesn't effect TB it does point to more emphasis on running the ball. And vs Miami may end up being a pointless game to have TB airing it out 30-40 times so possibly much more ground game. Then again if it is a pointless game we'll probably see more of Fred Taylor than Benny and Danny. Who knows. Fans always predict a game plan that ends up being nowhere close to what the team does, haha.

He needs 176 yards for 1,000 on the season, just under 90 a game. It's doable, especially in a cold weather away game, where wind might be a factor if the weather plays its usual role in upstate NY.

Last edited:
The Pats netted 200 yards @ 5.3 ypc against the Bills in Foxboro earlier this season. Both teams have improved since then. It should be an interesting match up.

Further, BJGE has never fumbled in his career.
Except that one preseason game where he fumbled on the game winning drive vs the bengals last year :D . But if preseason ment anything then Bam Childress would be an all-pro wide out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes