Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bizarre Structures At Area 51

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bizarre Structures At Area 51 [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'We don't know what these peculiar objects are, but they certainly don't look like anything one would normally find at an airbase. Note that what at first glance may appear to be incorrect shadows are actually enormous pits dug out of the earth. And the three-sided pyramid is perhaps the most intriguing of all, especially since it appears to be made of dirt.' [/FONT]

http://www.rense.com/general78/bizare.htm
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I always wonder what goes on at that airbase. I firmly believe that the aliens that crashed at Roswell, and the wreckage, are there.
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its really interesting/scary to think what they might be building there, though at this point I wonder if the most cutting edge projects have been moved to another less well known facility. Question though, I clicked on the link, and the pictures are from Google? Can you get satellite photos of groom lake on google? Maybe I missed something there, but it seems like the government would block public viewing of satellite photos of the complex, I mean, they keep pretty sophisticated security on the ground. Regardless, its a pretty amazing place where some unbelievable things have been created.
  4. N.Eman

N.Eman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think there is more stuff down there. I mean below that Pyramid structure. Perhaps a ship of lab of some sort. Or maybe its just to fool the public when using Google Earth
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

At first I always assumed that Area 51 was just the place they developed the Stealth series of aircraft and wondered what new, entirely man-made, stuff they were working on. I went on the assumption that we'd have reverse-engineered the supposed UFO's propulsion system and would have gone to Alpha Centauri at least by now. Everything humanity's got that goes into space seems to be a pretty clear descendant of the stuff Werner Von Braun et al worked on long ago, there's no radical departures that I can pick up on anyway.

Then it occurred to me that maybe the really neat stuff is still too far advanced for us to understand. So the only use humanity's gotten from this space ship has been the little stuff. Who's to say that the aliens' space suits weren't held together with Velcro or that each duty station an alien would sit at didn't come with an airbag? Computer tech sure seems to be developing at an unworldly rate. Maybe Bill Gates didn't steal the idea for a Graphical User Interface from Apple, maybe he stole it from the aliens.

Edit: It must be really sweet to be a recently-elected President on the day the Air Force guy comes by to brief you on Area 51 :)
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  6. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love the idea of a bunch of scientists having a party and getting hammered and one jumping up and yelling "A giant pyramid!!! That'll really f-em up!!!"
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Area 51 is Studio 54's earlier incarnation: both made in Hollywood. Save your wonderment for something that deserves it.

//
  8. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

My grandfather had a top clearance into area 51. It was actually a navel computer base back in the day - similar to modern day Data storage buildings. They built and designed the Trident submarines there.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What, no "aliens" from far, far away??!! I'm shocked, I tell you. Simply shocked . :eek:

Tridents, eh. Long way from the ocean there at Roswell, New MEXICO.

//
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

My father used to go out there in the 50's and 60's and he was involved with Torpedo Development.. used to see pix there of nuclear blasts etc.
  11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

They built the computers, not the subs themselves. (As well as test nuclear bombs and whatnot.)

Yeah, he has really cool still photos as well as live video of some weird stuff. On second thought... I dunno how legal that is :confused:
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Why would you dispute that, and why would I lie about it??.. dumbass response, I saw what I saw.. he had a very high classification clearance, security in the 50's and 60's is not what it is now. Believe whatever you want, but I saw what I saw, you can't even believe that they could test systems for submarines in the desert. FYI it is not legal, he used to bring stuff home and I used to look at it on his desk.. it was in envelopes marked top secret.. it is what it is.
  13. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i agree with this comment...from what i know (having a TS/SCI) this is not that unusual a sighting at all

Comment
    Brian Uziel
    10-6-7

Hello,

I was in the USAF for 11 years as a communications maintenance troop. As a 30470, a stateside assignment I had was in a Base and Installation Security shop, which provided me with daily work inside the Bomber Alert and Weapons Storage Area of a SAC base.

Although I can't confirm what these structures are, they don't seem at all bizarre to me.

The first picture is the most difficult to identify, or guess about. Something about that shape rings a bell in my memory that this is a RADAR type sensor structure. I've never seen such a building in person, but I have been exposed to lots of official technical and magazine pictures. The second picture is easier to speculate about. The right side seems to be descending into the ground. This is much like the tunnel walkway to lower levels of a crew/area support building that I have used.

Additionally, it looks like the top level of the building is in the process of being covered by soil/sand. This has many reasons and advantages for any military building ( such as noise levels, security, climate control and comfort ) let alone one in such a place as Area 51. The third picture is hardly mysterious. This is the same type of covered arch shape where weapons ( bombs ) or other secure items are stored, provided that both ends have walls, one having a very heavy wide locked set of doors. The top of the soil mounds around and over it where covered in asphalt on all the ones I've been inside. Similarly, usually opened ended ones are basically parking spots for aircraft. I think you should be able to find photos on the web of TAC / USAFE fighters in Europe using these for protection of the planes that are ready for quick response in an intercept role.

All in all, I would speculate that it is a more or less self-contained area for a single aircraft/mission. Much like the old Bomber Alert crew quarters and chow hall that I was used to. But in this case it's " X stuff " with more people for control, maintenance, etc. The only thing "bizarre" may be if under pic 2 an elevator brings up 1 "aircraft" at a time from a larger under ground bay ready for quick roll out.
    Thank You,
    Brian Uziel
  14. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

No no ... haha I just read my post and it came out totally wrong. I meant MY grandfather used to show me pictures - but I dunno how legal it was that he had them. Sorry about that ... I was the one who brought up what was there before you posted in this thread
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, that's better. Computers and Tridents are two entirely different things.

New Mexico was/is the home to a lot of very high security R&D. When I was at Fort Bliss, Texas, back in the late 60s/early 70s I did Air Defense Artillery. At that time we still had the old Nike Hercules, a nuclear anti-aircraft system designed for large formations of enemy bombers -- one nuke to take out five or ten planes. (After technology changed so that mass formations of bombing runs was no longer efficient or needed, the Herc system was un-deployed and de-activated.)

Anyway, White Sands, Alamagordo, and many other places in New Mexico always had some kind of Top Secret activity going on. So, building state-of-the-art computers I can believe.

But: "Aliens" from outer space .... do not exist. They only sell tabloids at the check-out at super markets to bored Americans looking for meaning in life.

//
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Do they sell tabloids in Vilnius? Or is that a unique American thing??
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Don't bother,...Buster doesn't know America anymore, so his comments on American culture sound like garbled jibberish. Now, if you want to know about Baltic culture, well......
  18. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

link doesn't work anymore
  19. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The universe is so massive. How can you be so sure that there are no aliens ANYWHERE in the entire universe? Even a Virus or a plant or even a CELL somewhere out in space is an alien.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They don't sell stories about "aliens", that's for sure.

Why don't you come over and take a look for yourself?

//