Welcome to PatsFans.com

Birth Control Pills For 11 Year Olds (WITHOUT Parental Consent)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 18, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here yet... it's one of those things liberals hate to see talked about because they know how much mainstream America is disgusted by them... but basically there is a school now in Maine that will give prescription birth control pills to middle schoolers WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT.

Just another example of scumbag liberals showing how they think they are better at raising your children than you are. How do these lowlifes sleep at night..? If anyone ever gave a minor child of mine prescription medicine without my consent, I would sue the living daylights out of them so fast, they wouldn't know what hit 'em. Hopefully that eventually happens, which will put a stop to these sorts of practices.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071018/ap_on_re_us/middle_school_contraceptives_6

PORTLAND, Maine - After an outbreak of pregnancies among middle school girls, education officials in this city have decided to allow allow one school's health center to make birth control pills available to girls as young as 11.

King Middle School will become the first middle school in Maine to make a full range of contraception available, including birth control pills, patches and condoms. There are no national figures on how many middle schools provide such services. Most middle schoolers range in age from 11 to 13.

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

so you'd rather they get pregnant? Abstinence only education (which I'm sure you advocate) doesn't work, despite what their parents think, anyone whose old enough to get pregnant should have control over their body.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

What's your solution? Abortion?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iVGnJMjw7hzjRGVQ_yviGL9GR2Cw

"Students need parental permission to access the school's health center. But treatment is confidential under state law, which allows the students to decide whether to inform their parents about the services they receive."

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Save the Children!

This is a disgrace. This is yet another example of why we need a voucher program ASAP. The job of a school is to educate children, and not to raise them as they see fit. This is outrageous. It just goes to show how monolpolized our education system is. Who the fock is the school board to decide that birth control is right for my 11 year old, without me having the right to know? [​IMG]

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Nice tactic. If you want your kid to recieve any form of medical attention at school, you need to permit them to access the health center. However, once your 11 year old is under our control, you can kiss your rights as a parent good bye! What slimy disengenuous, disgraceful people. This is why our system is so broken. This is also why certain people are mortified of a voucher system. Vouchers mean compitition, and compitition means an end to the monopoly of indoctrinating our children. Why don't they hand out needles to 11 year olds then? We wouldn't want them to get aids if they boot heroin.

6. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

In general, I'm not a fan of anything that takes away parental rights. I know the argument of "what about parents who don't care, are mean, are crazy, etc." but I just think it's a dangerous precedent to set. To give control of something that a family should handle to the government is scary territory.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Neither does distributing contraceptives to any child that asks.
    Well that's pretty much bullsh*t and I think you're smart enough to know it. But don't worry... your argument has been used by many a pedophile so you're in great company there, huh..?

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Wow, I missed that part. Are you a parent Wildo? Do you have kids? That's a truly bizarre statement.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Very good answer and where I am at, nice to see someone cut through the hyteria and name calling.. as a parent I would not want my daughter to get pregnant, but would also like to know if she was on birth control. What are the 10 scariest words, "I am from the gov't and want to help you".

10. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

So true. I'm just not a person that feels the government is here to help me.

11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have a solution... don't let 11 year olds have sex!

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Schools should stay the f*ck out.

They can teach my kids English, Math, Science (real not quack "science" like global warming), history, social studies (to a degree). Then they can get the hell out.

They have no business giving their opinion on sex, environmentalism, religion, any of that stuff. My kids are only in 2nd and 4th grade but I already have to deal with re-educating them on crap they come home with.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 3 / -10

If Liberal America, The Hollywood Wife Swappers and the Clintons have their way young Americans and some OLD liberal Democrats will be f-cking in the street like a pack of wild dogs in heat.
    :bricks:

14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

wow, now I'm a pedophile.....You people seem to think that providing them with contraceptives somehow encourages them to engage in sexual intercourse and I can tell you that the statistics do not support the claim. So the only danger here is if the parents think that abortion is wrong or not, which should not factor into a decision that a minor makes with their body that will affect them, not the parents, for the rest of their lives. The reason the whole parental consent issue really irritates me is because you hear countless stories of minors being raped and impregnated by either the father or some other relative and then that same parent is supposed to make the decision for the? ludicrous. Moreover, it's not an issue of endangering the child or taking away a parents "right" but it is a masked attempt to push the pro-life agenda on everyone despite the Supreme court precedent. Another question; if it is perfectly legal for a minor to walk into CVS and buy condoms or other prophylactics, then why shouldn't they be able to get the pill?

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

TAKE YOUR STATISTICS, AND USE THEM ON YOUR OWN CHILDREN, BUT LEAVE EVERYONE ELSES FOCKING CHILDREN ALONE!!!!! :mad:

Sorry for the caps people, but these lunatics are incredibly maddening. You loons have NO RIGHT to raise someone elses kid. STAY THE HECK AWAY! Give your 11 year old kids all the birth control you want, and raise them with all the statistics available TO YOU! Do you have children?

How many children are there in the country, and how many dads rape their children? So by your logic, if you can call it that, the school is justified in not notifying parents because there's a chance that the dad might be raping the daughter? Oh my....:rolleyes:

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

His point, which was rather clear, is that stipulating that an 11 year old, or a "person", who is old enough to get pregnant, should have control over her body, means that she should be able to have consentual sex with anyone she pleases. Afterall, it's her body right? Well, pedophiles would enjoy that now wouldn't they?

17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

You didn't respond very well to any of my points, but that's nothing new. This has nothing to do with "raising" anyone else's children. I'll ask you again, if a minor can legally go into a CVS and buy condoms and other contraceptives, then why can't they have access to the pill?

18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

No that is not the same thing. In no way should an 11 year old or 16 yr old for that matter be having sex. But because the STATISTICS and all other relevant studies show that no matter what you tell them, unfortunately, there is a high likelihood of them having sex anyway, as has been evidenced by every abstinence only program in the country. If they fall into the category of students who will have sex despite whatever they are told, as are numerous teens, the choice is to have them disobey you and get pregnant or have them disobey you and not get pregnant, I would choose the latter as a parent or a public health official, which is why we have sensible policies like this instead of wacko christian reactionaries. Your whole argument is based on the assumption that there are minors that would only have sex if their school makes the pill available to them, and otherwise would not. I reject that flawed assumption. And you were the ones who mixed in abortion into this debate with the parental consent argument. The pill is not the same as having an abortion, minors can already go to their doctors, without their parents knowing it and get on the pill, and in most civilized states, can get an abortion too. This is just more ridiculouss overreaction from the right wing equating this to "Oh my God! now they're encouraging our children to have sex." Did you not read your own article? despite what they were being taught by their parents or otherwise, they were getting pregnant anyway.

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually what I said was that your argument (that an 11 year old "should have control over their body") is one used by pedophiles. You may not like my pointing that out, but my statement is a factual one. Good gravy, don't you ever watch "To Catch A Predator"..? Those guys would love you and wish there were more people like you..!!
    Oh yeah..? What statistics are those..? Please show us some. Because I think that when authority figures provide contraception to 12 year olds, it would probably tend to encourage, not discourage, the activity.
    Yeah... right... sure.... because if a 12 year old gets pregnant, it wouldn't affect her parents... no, not at all... :rolleyes:

Man, you have some very interesting family dynamics going on in your life there...

So you have no problems with me giving your 11 year old daughter some prescription birth control pills. Got'cha.
    Well, for starters, "the pill" is a prescription medicine as being distributed.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

How's this, stay the F away from other people's children, and raise your own however you see fit. Schools have ZERO right to raise some one elses child, ZERO! Then people think I'm crazy when I say that public education is designed to be a monopoly so as to indoctrinate children to a specific type of mindset and lifestyle.

Buying condoms is an entirely separate issue. Why is it that most of your kind always answer a question with a question? This isn't about an 11 year old taking birth control, it's about a school giving it to children without parental consent! Parents should be notified of everything involving their children! They are not the schools to raise! If there's an 11 year old that's hooked on heroin, thatt doesn't give the school the right to give out needles behind my back!