Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bin Laden was in the grasp of our armed forces... we blew it

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 29, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Believe that this has been reported previously, however the Senate commissioned a report and its findings are telling... we let him walk away

Senate Report: Bin Laden Was "Within Our Grasp" - WSJ.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

You are just learning about Tora Bora? :confused:

Seriously? This has been known for YEARS. There is NOTHING new in this that I can see.

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

It is a newly released report commissioned by the Senate, if you find it boring or have known it all along choose to ignore... life can be real simple if you choose..

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Exactly... Corroboration and confirmation of positions we've insisted years ago will continue to come out, and will continue to be presented...

Some 28 percenter geniuses would never concede the facts back then (WMD, Tora Bora, wiretapping, torture), despite all the empirical evidence regarding all these matters, and do their best to avoid and thwart the discussion today. So there is deserved accountability later each time a new government agency confirms what the "liberal media" asserted to us was true.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I don't think think they ever wanted to capture him, as soon as the Towers collapsed Bin Laden became a GOD within the Nation Of Islam if we captured him and put him on public trial the Muslim World would go insane.

In the Islamic Religion Osama Bin Laden has a throne waiting for him in Paradise right next to Allah.

3000 dead American Infidels in two hours that Puts Bin Laden right up there with Mohammad Himself.

6. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Not at all......... It's a typical Kerry "called" investigation that is a watse of time report. Nothing in the report is new. Operation Jawbreaker has been detailed to death. Congrats to the senate for "officially" telling us what we all already know. Well done :rolleyes:

Now how bout congress actually spending some time trying to recovery this fukcshod economy we have and maybe working on "creating and saving" some jobs instead of investigating stuff we already know.

Tora Bora was a colossal political f-up........ No one is denying it. The major point is that this report, as new as it is, shed's no new light on the subject. Not that the facts in the report aren't true.

Typical BS post by the typical "live in the past" Evil Empire conspiracy theorist. Your response is much like the report. typical..... predictable, not unique and something that we all come to expect from you.

Your crap pretty much still smells the same after all these years. :rolleyes:

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

From what I have read, the right wants to investigate just about everything... ACORN etc. All this does is verify what has been previously reported, some are content with the due process afforded FOX/TMZ....

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

We've still known this for years.

In other news, in 2007 it was made official that 31 NFL teams blew it by not drafting Tom Brady earlier.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

I saw this article this morning. I thought it was a report from a long time ago, that was being made public, and then I read this.

Yawn.

Once I read that, I didn't have to read any further to figure this part out.

BOOOOOOOSH!

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

No More Dinosaurs
    Bush's Fault

11. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Ummmmm, ACORN is relevant and stealing money from taxpayers NOW. This report is just another partisan circle-jerk telling us what we already know. By not killing OBL in 2001, we're still fugging around in that POS forsaken country. Wow, welcome to 2003. :rolleyes:

If you can't tell the difference, fine............ but do the rest of us have to be subject to it? I don't need a group of Dems to tell me what a screw up it was......... I already knew it. How bout, they spend their time on some more pressing issues like JOBS and the ECONOMY.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Smells dead on accurate... Yeah, i Know... You don't dispute any of it, because you can't dispute any of it. And when it resurfaces and gets confirmed, you punt to "that's in the past" smarm.

What a world you live in, when you can deny the wrongdoings of your heroes for years, ignore all the evidence, create a stonewall, and then run your mouth when reminded of it all years later. As if it doesn't deserve to be rehashed regarding just how DEAD WRONG you all were. Too funny. Speaking of "predictable." Yeah.

I don't deal in conspiracy theory, I deal in conspiracy fact... We were right about WMD fraud, right about Rumsfeld ignoring Tora Bora, right about Plamegate, and right about torture. And you 28 percenters absolutely can't stand that, so rather than concede and advocate justice, you deny deny deny, and attempt to thwart any further discussion.

It's ironic, however, that you would talk about how other people's crap smells after all these years. Poetically so.

Your position on Bush League fraud = fail. So then you blame the "liberal" lawmakers for holding it accountable.

13. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Holding it accountable.............. :singing:

In what way does this partisan report hold ANYONE accountable?

Bonus points for the "Plamegate" reference. Way to squeeze that in. :singing:

Hunt doggie, hunt.

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Making sure the truth is written in the history books is satisfying enough at this point, thanks. That way, your Rovian ideology can't continue to re-write history as they've attempted for years already.

Agreed. Thanks.

Because it's the exact same premise. 28 percenters were dead wrong on that debate also, and now pretend it's merely "in the past" whenever it's brought up.

15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Even Geraldo knew this ... it's a new report based on old news. Two of recent history's greatest blunders ... Bush 1 letting the republican guard scamper away and Bush II letting OBL slip away. Even if we got him ... so what. He would have become worshipped either way. He would have influenced recruiting either way. The rise in radical Islam is directly proportional to the growth of the internet.

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Congratulations for discovering something we've all known for about 5 years now. Now that you've made it into the year 2004, I can't wait until you discover what happened in the ALCS that year.

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Can tell the difference in the fervour to go after anything ACORN, which has never been convicted in a court of law, but conveniently put blinders on when your family is getting gang raped on your doorstep by military contractors, banks, wall street, big pharma and the food industry...

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

America doesn't want to capture Bin Laden the sight of Bin Laden in a jail cell or wearing handcuffs would set the Muslim World on fire, they would go crazy, THE MUSLIM WORLD LOVES BIN LADEN IF AMERICA WERE TO PUT BIN LADEN IN PRISON IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING TO A MUSLIM AS LOCKING UP ALLAH

America will just let Bin Laden die of natural causes and go to Paradise.

Why can't Liberals ever admit "Reality"

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at least you admit it's fact. good on you.

most of your side of the fence refused to do so for years.. years. ... i mean, it didn't jibe with the infallible aura they've assigned to tWoT.

"there's no proof he was at Tora Bora" was the constant squawk... over and over... then the story became, "there's no proof the Pentagon gave the order" to refuse the CIA request to block UBL in. ... the elite troops were there, in the region, and ready.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

The same Tora Bora that had a hospital, library and complete facilities and upon further review it was just a bare bones cave... there is great comfort in fables of the right