Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bin Laden living comfortably in Pakistan: CNN

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

NATO official: Bin Laden, deputy hiding in northwest Pakistan - CNN.com

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri are believed to be hiding close to each other in houses in northwest Pakistan, but are not together, a senior NATO official said.

"Nobody in al Qaeda is living in a cave," said the official, who declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the intelligence matters involved.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I read this earlier, i do think hes alive and that people who say he died years ago are wrong.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I still think he is dead, and this is a WMD moment.

4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +498 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

[​IMG]

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

OT: Deadrick played NICE...its back up to 5

6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +498 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

My man B.D. started!

And for once the "12th man" showed up!

What a perfect day. The only thing that would have made it better is if the Jets did not get a win because of a PI call.

Do you think McGowan will be back next year? My handle is going to look really silly when some of these guys move on!

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Analysis: NATO points finger at Pakistan - CNN.com

This is the first time in many, many years that the finger has been pointed so blatantly at Pakistan. If you look at Bob Woodward's book "Obama's War," one of the things Barack Obama has wanted to do is point the finger at Pakistan and say "the problem is there" whether it is terror training camps or home to bin Laden.

It seems to be part of an effort to put the focus on Pakistan.

this whole thing stinks

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

i alluded to this sort of crap in pakistan in a thread I started several weeks ago. They know everything about everything ... effectively we are aiding them with millions of dollars so our men can be killed. That is what i said in the thread and it's what I say now.

This is an outrage ... and it was an outrage under Bush also. So they allow us to kill some lollipop terrorists here and there so we can continue to give them money which they need to stay equal to India. Our men can be safe but Pakistan lets them be killed to appease the Taliban. Everyone appeasing everyone while good people continue to die for no reason.

9. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 8 / -4

#75 Jersey

you are absolutely correct.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 26 / -33

Pakistan is a very scary place, and soon they will be the 4th largest country in the world... this coupled with their location and a nuclear reactor, could prove to be mighty interesting...

Find it odd that this info on OBL is reported in the news, weren't we sold some bill of goods about Homeland Security about 7-8 years ago that if we spent all of this money, then we could deal with the Bin Ladens of the world?? Just more money spent on a government whose sole function is to perpetuate itself.

Shouldn't all of our layers of security know about this????

11. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

But based on what?

Seriously. Where is the video evidence of this man still breathing on planet Earth?

Where are the investigative journalists permitted into his inner-sanctum like Peter L. Bergen was? Al-Jazeera can't get an exclusive? Asia Times? Surely SOMEONE would be covering this story in this age of immediate media technology.

I have little doubt he's quite dead.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,123 / 3 / -10

Someday Bin Laden will probably be a "Folk Hero" to America's far left Wing liberals, someday you may even see him as a guest on The View being slobbered and gushed over by lovely Whoopi and that Joy Thing.

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Hey its just my opinion, i can't prove that hes alive just like you can't prove that hes dead. All i can say is that someone that has his voice print is still putting out audio tapes. Now i believe that there is technology out there used by agencies like the CIA, NSA, Mi6 for example, that are beyond our wildest dreams, and maybe they have something that can mimic OBL's voice. (So they can keep scaring the mass's and then ask for more money, keep the gravy train rolling) But its easier just to think that the voice recordings are real, and that hes still alive in Northern Pakistan.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  14. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If he's dead, then the military doesn't know about it.

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

The big eye opener was several months ago when Pakistan brought in a few dozen of them for questioning. The media and others less informed were all excited ... Pakistan was ready to act.

Well the rest of the story was we were making a deal with the Taliban without Pakistan's approval. so they brought those people in to stop the process. The message was delivered, the negotiations stopped and all were released. If Obama and company didn't learn from that they will never learn.

16. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

The military has a mandate. And on matters of intel, they know what they're allowed to know. The CIA isn't convinced he's alive.

I talked with Anthony Shaffer a few weeks ago on FB. He believes UBL is still alive. But then, he also doubts UBL ever had advanced renal failure.

17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

i think he's alive ... but he's more like Prince charles at this point in the game ... just a figurehead.

18. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So what if the CIA gave the military intel about Bin Laden?
    Hypothetically...

19. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Mmmm... thread necromancy...

anyhoo, ... we all understand that this proves nothing ... either way.

let's just say maybe that we can add it to the mountain of circumstantial evidence that suggests the overall UBL story was a bit of a sham.

but considering it's from the ultra-careful Associated Press, I'd say it's worth noting, ... and, you might say a bit of a bombshell. ... Especially if a braver, yet still reputable news outlet picks this up and goes all the way with it (finally)... Someone like Slate, or The Nation, etc.

E-mails say no sailors watched bin Laden’s burial at sea after SEAL raid

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8fd22a-3446-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html

WASHINGTON — Internal e-mails among U.S. military officers indicate that no sailors watched Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea from the USS Carl Vinson and traditional Islamic procedures were followed during the ceremony.
    The e-mails, obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily blacked out, but are the first public disclosure of government information about the al-Qaida leader’s death. The e-mails were released Wednesday by the Defense Department.

Although the Obama administration has pledged to be the most transparent in American history, it is keeping a tight hold on materials related to the bin Laden raid. In a response to separate requests from the AP for information about the mission, the Defense Department said in March that it could not locate any photographs or video taken during the raid or showing bin Laden’s body. It also said it could not find any images of bin Laden’s body on the Vinson.

The Pentagon also said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for bin Laden, or any pre-raid materials discussing how the government planned to dispose of bin Laden’s body if he were killed.

The Defense Department also refused to confirm or deny the existence of helicopter maintenance logs and reports about the performance of military gear used in the raid.

Fail.

All administrations lie.

But like I said in another thread, degree matters.

I have little doubt Obama - ever the pragmatist - would always maintain the Bush era fraud regarding tWoT, anyway. The mess created was too enormous to let out of the bag, and the truth would sink the country into despair. The UBL boogeyman was a loose end that always needed to be tied up, for year... And it was... very nicely with a big RW&B ribbon on top.

Redaction is a beautiful thing. Take that, FOIA!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 15 / -8

I was reading this thread, trying to figure out what kind of tinfoil hat stuff had occasioned its resurrection.

Only higher ranking brass, evidently, watched the burial at sea. And this proves...?

To some, it means that it was only brass that watched. Apparently they wanted it that way.

To others, it seems to mean that it never happened.

If it weren't that I know how certain, shall we say, speculative personalities function, I would have thought that the thread were resurrected to humiliate the people who were trumpeting their doubts that bin laden was still alive in October '10.

Bin Laden's family saw him die and confirmed it in interviews. Guess they were paid off. There were photos of his dead self on the internet. Seals are alternately writing books about the operation and being "protected" because of their part in it. We lost a stealth helicopter in the attack, which I suppose was just our way to give the hardware to the Pakistani government?

Bin laden was alive. Then we sent guys to kill him. Now he's dead.

And the big reason for trying to re-coup from being wrong in October 2010 is... only high-ranking guys saw him buried at sea.

Color me impressed.

PFnV