PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills wishfull thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bills wishful thinking.

And you fit the profile of every typical AFC East rival.

"This year is the year the Pats FALL!":bricks:

And every year you're wrong. Why should this year be any different.

Hahaha, how ignorant. Please tell me where I said "this is the year the Pats fall"? I didn't say that, and I don't believe it. The Pats will still win the AFC East in 2008 and probably in 2009.

You may think I have implied that the Pats are going down, but all I've really been talking about is 1) that the Bills are going to improve their players and talent a good deal next year, and 2) the Patriots fans assume they'll go 19-0 next year. Maybe it's heresy for me to predict on these boards that the Pats won't go 19-0 next year, but I've never said that they'll be getting that much worse. If you want to get technical, yes I'm assuming they'll have a worse regular season record than last year (probably about 12-4 range, give or take two). But unless you're a complete homer then most people would also predict having a few losses next year.

So if that's the only reason that I'm a "typical AFC East rival fan" then I guess you're wrong.

Last edited:

Hahaha, how ignorant. Please tell me where I said "this is the year the Pats fall"? I didn't say that, and I don't believe it. The Pats will still win the AFC East in 2008 and probably in 2009.

You may think I have implied that the Pats are going down, but all I've really been talking about is 1) that the Bills are going to improve their players and talent a good deal next year, and 2) the Patriots fans assume they'll go 19-0 next year. Maybe it's heresy for me to predict on these boards that the Pats won't go 19-0 next year, but I've never said that they'll be getting that much worse. If you want to get technical, yes I'm assuming they'll have a worse regular season record than last year (probably about 12-4 range,

ahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!
this is the only **** pulling me out of the post superbowl depression, right now.
one of your brothers on another board was saying how the pats wouldn't have even made the playoffs w/o randy moss this year!!
12-4!!!!!
:rofl::rofl:

ahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

I love you guys!
this is the only **** pulling me out of the post superbowl depression, right now.
one of your brothers on another board was saying how the pats wouldn't have even made the playoffs w/o randy moss this year!!
12-4!!!!!
:rofl::rofl:

I love how you cut it off after that. Do you know what "range" means? I meant 12-4, could be 14-2 or 10-6. You seriously believe they'll be 19-0 again? Haha, good for you man, good for you...

One of my "brothers?" You're such a strange little man. Well, I've seen two of your "brothers" apologizing for spygate haha. I love it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

10-6!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You may think I have implied that the Pats are going down, but all I've really been talking about is 1) that the Bills are going to improve their players and talent a good deal next year, and 2) the Patriots fans assume they'll go 19-0 next year. Maybe it's heresy for me to predict on these boards that the Pats won't go 19-0 next year, but I've never said that they'll be getting that much worse. If you want to get technical, yes I'm assuming they'll have a worse regular season record than last year (probably about 12-4 range, give or take two). But unless you're a complete homer then most people would also predict having a few losses next year.

So if that's the only reason that I'm a "typical AFC East rival fan" then I guess you're wrong.

We've got a fan of another team coming here, saying "no one can predict the future," and then he predicts the future.

Ignorant indeed. :rofl:

Patriotspride, next time you fake quote me, at least use capital letters and proper punctuation. I don't want people to think I'm ignorant when I'm calling myself childish names.

If I had a choice between going to the Super Bowl four times in a row and losing (no team has ever done that, a couple have come close) or going 18-0 and losing to a #$%^ing team from New York, choking away a chance at making history (that's what it was, a MASSIVE, EPIC choke as the Giants did not belong on the same field as the Patriots, no team with six @#$%ing losses deserves to be in the Super Bowl), I'd take the former in two seconds.

Bills fans have been loyal as Hell to their team and what is the reward; talk of moving regular season games to Toronto or talk that once Wilson is gone, the team will be moved, one of the original AFL teams. Nice way to treat those fans.

Sorry boys, this team is a national laughing stock, and I say that as a fan of the team since the early 1970's............THE worst loss in Boston sports history.

EVER.

Sorry boys, this team is a national laughing stock, and I say that as a fan of the team since the early 1970's............THE worst loss in Boston sports history.

EVER.
while i agree the pats choked .the loss isnt even close to the worst ever in boston. im old enough to remember a lot of them .and losing four SBs in a row is far worse than the pats most recent loss .they may or may not have great fans but losing four SBs in a row is pathetic .

What other losses are worse than this; keep in mind, we're not talking about a 14-2, 13-3 Patriots team, we're talking 18-0 and a chance at history, plus they lost in the last 39 seconds.

Combine those two aspects and enlighten me as to what could possibly be worse in Boston Sports history.

As far as the Bills, the only loss that was a heartbreaker was the Giants game (Giants; sound familiar) as the Bills were clearly the better team. They got blown off the field in the other three games.

AND, if I'm not mistaken, they lost the AFC Championship game to the Bengals at the front of their run, so they could have gone to FIVE strait Super Bowls............

while i agree the pats choked .the loss isnt even close to the worst ever in boston. im old enough to remember a lot of them .and losing four SBs in a row is far worse than the pats most recent loss .they may or may not have great fans but losing four SBs in a row is pathetic .
Hardly pathetic, but I'll agree that it's much worse than going 18-0 and losing in the final seconds.

What other losses are worse than this; keep in mind, we're not talking about a 14-2, 13-3 Patriots team, we're talking 18-0 and a chance at history, plus they lost in the last 39 seconds.

Combine those two aspects and enlighten me as to what could possibly be worse in Boston Sports history.

As far as the Bills, the only loss that was a heartbreaker was the Giants game (Giants; sound familiar) as the Bills were clearly the better team. They got blown off the field in the other three games.

AND, if I'm not mistaken, they lost the AFC Championship game to the Bengals at the front of their run, so they could have gone to FIVE strait Super Bowls............
There is no worse single loss in NFL history... XLII takes the cake for that one.

losing four SBs in row is about as heartbreaking as it gets .getting your hopes up four years in a row only to have them crushed .I'm sorry but that's brutal .at least the pats have SBs wins .one just three years ago. that takes the edge off their recent loss for me. the 86 red sox is by far the worst loss in Boston history imho. on the jumbo tron at Shea stadium it said congratulations 1986 Boston red sox WS champs .the champagne was on ice in the locker room .the sox hadn't won the WS in forever . they were one strike away with a two run lead and nobody on .its was in the bag .the football equivalent would be the pats having a six point lead with ten seconds left on their own ten yard line and then fumbling the ball away and giving up a TD when all they had to do was take a knee .86 was like the worlds sexiest women telling you how much she wants to have sex with you.she dances in front of you for hours slowly taking her clothes off. then she finally gets down to just her panties and says .I'm sorry i changed my mind i have a headache .86 made me angry embarrassed and humiliated to be a red sox fan .i didn't put on any red sox gear for years after that .every time the red sox played in the playoffs after 86 all you would see on the national broadcast was bill Buckner this and 1918 crap over and over again.or they would show wade boggs crying like a baby in the dugout . maybe your not old enough to remember that year or maybe your not a big sox fan .but I'm not embarrassed to put my hoodie on. I'm not ashamed or angry .I'm just a very proud and disappointed pats fan .

Last edited:
Dropkick, that loss is hardly the worst in NFL history, it's not even the worst in Super Bowl history, third worse at best.

The worst was the 1969 Colts loss. The AFL was a joke, the NFL looked down their noses at them. The two best teams in the AFL had gotten their asses handed to them by the Packers (Chiefs and Raiders), and the Jets were HUGE underdogs. They won and set the stage for the merger, without that win, the AFL probably would have folded.

The second worst belongs to your Bills vs the Giants. The Giant defense game plan is in Canton and you lost on a last second field goal, a makeable one, one that gets made 9 99 times out of 100, too bad yours was the one time it did not. That loss was brutal dude.

PP, ok, you got me, in the big scheme of things, 86 was brutal, I'll give you that; two outs, two strikes, noone on base AND a two run lead. Unreal that they blew that one................................

losing four SBs in row is about as heartbreaking as it gets .getting your hopes up four years in a row only to have them crushed .I'm sorry but that's brutal .at least the pats have SBs wins .one just three years ago. that takes the edge off their recent loss for me. the 86 red sox is by far the worst loss in Boston history imho. on the jumbo tron at Shea stadium it said congratulations 1986 Boston red sox WS champs .the champagne was on ice in the locker room .the sox hadn't won the WS in forever . they were one strike away with a two run lead and nobody on .its was in the bag .the football equivalent would be the pats having a six point lead with ten seconds left on their own ten yard line and then fumbling the ball away and giving up a TD when all they had to do was take a knee .86 was like the worlds sexiest women telling you how much she wants to have sex with you.she dances in front of you for hours slowly taking her clothes off. then she finally gets down to just her panties and says .I'm sorry i changed my mind i have a headache .86 made me angry embarrassed and humiliated to be a red sox fan .i didn't put on any red sox gear for years after that .every time the red sox played in the playoffs after 86 all you would see on the national broadcast was bill Buckner this and 1918 crap over and over again.or they would show wade boggs crying like a baby in the dugout . maybe your not old enough to remember that year or maybe your not a big sox fan .but I'm not embarrassed to put my hoodie on. I'm not ashamed or angry .I'm just a very proud and disappointed pats fan .
Good post, and I'm a proud and disappointed Bills fan. I'm not a Sox or baseball fan, but I feel your pain as far as '86 goes. That may be worse than XLII.
Dropkick, that loss is hardly the worst in NFL history, it's not even the worst in Super Bowl history, third worse at best.

The worst was the 1969 Colts loss. The AFL was a joke, the NFL looked down their noses at them. The two best teams in the AFL had gotten their asses handed to them by the Packers (Chiefs and Raiders), and the Jets were HUGE underdogs. They won and set the stage for the merger, without that win, the AFL probably would have folded.
That loss is big, and tough to argue with that. I was talking about worst loss for the fans of a team, but this one still is up there.

The second worst belongs to your Bills vs the Giants. The Giant defense game plan is in Canton and you lost on a last second field goal, a makeable one, one that gets made 9 99 times out of 100, too bad yours was the one time it did not. That loss was brutal dude.
That loss was brutal, but as far as a more heartbreaking loss for the fans, XLII still wins. It is very hard for teams to get to Superbowls, it is nearly impossible to get to a Superbowl without a loss. 18-0 has never been done before, and to come all that way and fall short in the last 39 seconds... wow. At least Bills v Giants we can blame it on the kicker, and say we gave them a tough game. Fans can find a little comfort in that. The Pats gave everyone a tough year and looked indestructible. To fall short of history and perfection... I think XLII is harder to swallow. We can agree both are pretty hard to deal with as fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes