PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills will let T.O. walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at 1:33 in the video.

He catches a 17 yard strike right up the gut.

Moss does not do that consistently (not built for it).

Welker does not do that (not built for it).

Owens makes his living there.

He would threaten the middle of the field in such a way that there is NO way defenses could cover Moss deep and a returning Welker/Edelman underneath.

Owens is what this team was missing in even 2007, a true wide reciever that can stick the dagger right into the center of the defense.

Yeah but he has attitude problems. :bricks:

This is the essential part of my argument. For a one year deal on a team with a quarterback like Tom Brady, a head coach like Belichick, and the pieces that we already have in place, I don't think there is going to be a lot of baggage. T.O. has a history of playing hard in his first season and, with the litany of options we have available, will play hard here as well. If those old emotions start to fire up, we can deactivate him just as easily as we signed him.

It's the same story everytime. Oh now he's got a good QB in McNabb, head coach in Reid, and the pieces in place at RB and on defense. He's learned his lesson and now he's in a winning environment with a good vet QB and a good vet coach. He managed to screw that up, ruining his relationship with McNabb and forcing his way out of town. Then he goes to Dallas with a great coach in Parcells. He talks about how Romo is the best QB I've ever played with, does the whole crying scene, blah blah blah blah. He tears that locker room apart and is released after criticizing Romo for favoring Witten, complaining about his touches, and ruining any chemistry there once was on that team. Then he ends up in Buffalo b/c no one else feels he is worth it especially at his age. Now Buffalo doesn't even want the guy back. It's been said numerous times before that going to a team with a Pro Bowl QB, great vet head coach, and all the pieces in place would make this guy just shut up, lose the ego, play ball, and stop tearing locker rooms apart. The guy can't himself. He's all about TO. He is not worth the trouble at all.

Last edited:
That video convinced me. Who care's about the attitude. His signing would make the Pats go from a 10-6 team to a 13-3 team, with the best offense ever fielded on paper. (Brady to Moss, Welker, Owens).

Not sure if you're being sarcastic with this, but yes it definitely could. I have a feeling TO would come considerably cheaper than Bryant, Boldin, etc

Not sure if you're being sarcastic with this, but yes it definitely could. I have a feeling TO would come considerably cheaper than Bryant, Boldin, etc

He would be cheaper considering his age and that he is T.O. I was being seriously with that post too, and it's hard to argue it. Think of a team in NFL history that had:

A HOF top 5 QB (Brady, as of right now)
The 2nd best receiver of all time (Moss)
A HOF top 5 receiver (#5 Owens, behind , Moss Harrison and Carter)
One of the greatest slot receivers of all time (Welker)

Not one team is even close.

TO has never been on a football team where he was not the best player.

Philly? TO was bigger than McNabb.

Dallas? TO was bigger Romo.

New England? There is no way he is bigger than Brady.

TO is an alpha male who will only respect other alpha males.

Brady has three rings and is therefore more of an alpha than TO.

The synergy created by Brady, Moss, Welker, and Owens would be SICK.

Plus I would like to see some of TO's fire rub off on the offense this season.

Last edited:
It's the same story everytime. Oh now he's got a good QB in McNabb, head coach in Reid, and the pieces in place at RB and on defense. He's learned his lesson and now he's in a winning environment with a good vet QB and a good vet coach. He managed to screw that up, ruining his relationship with McNabb and forcing his way out of town. Then he goes to Dallas with a great coach in Parcells. He talks about how Romo is the best QB I've ever played with, does the whole crying scene, blah blah blah blah. He tears that locker room apart and is released after criticizing Romo for favoring Witten, complaining about his touches, and ruining any chemistry there once was on that team. Then he ends up in Buffalo b/c no one else feels he is worth it especially at his age. Now Buffalo doesn't even want the guy back. It's been said numerous times before that going to a team with a Pro Bowl QB, great vet head coach, and all the pieces in place would make this guy just shut up, lose the ego, play ball, and stop tearing locker rooms apart. The guy can't himself. He's all about TO. He is not worth the trouble at all.

Did T.O. lose Philadephia that Super Bowl in 2004? If not, please remind us all what did.

He would be cheaper considering his age and that he is T.O. I was being seriously with that post too, and it's hard to argue it. Think of a team in NFL history that had:

A HOF top 5 QB (Brady, as of right now)
The 2nd best receiver of all time (Moss)
A HOF top 5 receiver (#5 Owens, behind , Moss Harrison and Carter)
One of the greatest slot receivers of all time (Welker)

Not one team is even close.

I agree, I think it's the perfect time to nab someone like TO coming off a down year which could be mostly due to poor QB play(while being in fine shape still)

I just have to say, the more I think about this, the giddier I'm getting.

Did T.O. lose Philadephia that Super Bowl in 2004? If not, please remind us all what did.

Yes it was all TO's gutsy 9 reception, 122 yard performance while defying doctor's orders not to play due to a badly sprained ankle that Philadelphia lost that game.

??
What you just said basically fortifies my argument. Not only did he have an amazing season with 1200 yards receiving and 14 TD while missing some games, but he went to the SB as well in his first season in Philly. Aren't those all the ingredients you are talking about? Chance to play for a SB, a Pro Bowl QB every year from 2000-2004 who won Offensive Player of the Year in 04, a veteran coach/great offensive mind/proven winner in Andy Reid, and a team that was poised to be in contention for the SB for a good stretch. Those certainly match up with your Brady, Belichick, chance to play for a SB points. The guy is a headcase and even at this point in his career I doubt he can play 2nd fiddle to anyone. Everytime the guy changes teams people say the same thing, and he never changes. He most likely never will.

Yet, THE VERY NEXT SEASON, T.O. could not help himself. He voiced his displeasure about his contract publicly during the season. He made negative remarks about Eagles management and McNabb in the media. His relationship with McNabb deteriorated quickly, and Owens was suspended without pay and deactivated for the rest of the season. He tore that locker room apart. You can blame injuries, like McNabb going down late in the season and backup QB needing to fill in, as one of the reasons that team struggled in 05, but even early in the season they were not playing as well as they should have. They finished the season 6-10 and whether you want to admit it or not, T.O.'s antics had an extremely negative effect on that team helping them go from NFC Champs to well below .500.

They rid themselves of T.O. after that year, and again lose McNabb to injury, but win the NFC East and advance to the divisional round of the playoffs giving the Saints a very tough game in N.O. with Jeff Garcia as their QB. That same schmuck QB who wasn't good enough for T.O. in SF and who T.O. insinuated was a "homosexual."

I just have to say, the more I think about this, the giddier I'm getting.

Just how bad does it hurt you to have to agree with me? :D

Yes it was all TO's gutsy 9 reception, 122 yard performance while defying doctor's orders not to play due to a badly sprained ankle that Philadelphia lost that game.

I think you might have missed my point.

??
What you just said basically fortifies my argument. Not only did he have an amazing season with 1200 yards receiving and 14 TD while missing some games, but he went to the SB as well in his first season in Philly. Aren't those all the ingredients you are talking about? Chance to play for a SB, a Pro Bowl QB every year from 2000-2004 who won Offensive Player of the Year in 04, a veteran coach/great offensive mind/proven winner in Andy Reid, and a team that was poised to be in contention for the SB for a good stretch. Those certainly match up with your Brady, Belichick, chance to play for a SB points. The guy is a headcase and even at this point in his career I doubt he can play 2nd fiddle to anyone. Everytime the guy changes teams people say the same thing, and he never changes. He most likely never will.

You just played right into my biggest point. That T.O., in the first year, behaves himself. Only his first year would be his only year with us. I mean, look at his first year anywhere (except San Fran). In Philly he helped take a team that stalled out every season in the Championship game to the Super Bowl and, arguably, had the best performance in that Super Bowl while playing on one leg only to see his quarterback cough it up at the very end. In Dallas, he helped take a stagnant offense to a really good offense, even with Drew Bledsoe at quarterback. His second year there was also pretty good and he helped Dallas go 13-3 and win the division before they ran into the same roadblock that we ran into that season. In Buffalo, he had absolutely no quarterback, but did not complain.

Yet, THE VERY NEXT SEASON, T.O. could not help himself. He voiced his displeasure about his contract publicly during the season. He made negative remarks about Eagles management and McNabb in the media. His relationship with McNabb deteriorated quickly, and Owens was suspended without pay and deactivated for the rest of the season.

Which is what I'm proposing the Pats do should he start mouthing off. Though, with his last season in Buffalo, I don't see any indication that he will. Especially with having gone from Fitzpatrick to Brady and from Buffalo to Boston, which may be his last stop (should we sign him).

He tore that locker room apart. You can blame injuries, like McNabb going down late in the season and backup QB needing to fill in, as one of the reasons that team struggled in 05, but even early in the season they were not playing as well as they should have. They finished the season 6-10 and whether you want to admit it or not, T.O.'s antics had an extremely negative effect on that team helping them go from NFC Champs to well below .500.

They rid themselves of T.O. after that year, and again lose McNabb to injury, but win the NFC East and advance to the divisional round of the playoffs giving the Saints a very tough game in N.O. with Jeff Garcia as their QB. That same schmuck QB who wasn't good enough for T.O. in SF and who T.O. insinuated was a "homosexual."

Well, there is no denying what he's done in the past. That's precisely why I said that I have never been a big fan of his antics. However, there is no denying what he can do on the field. Let's face it, the guy may have a huge ego, but he's flat out dangerous on the field. If we're looking for a WR2, I don't know why we wouldn't look to the best and most available option. T.O. is both of those, and I don't see why he would be against taking a one year deal. On the flip side, there is very little for us to lose by giving him a one year flyer.

Though, as I said before, you're always welcome to offer up your opinion on who would be a better option in free agency (or through trade)...

Last edited:

You just played right into my biggest point. That T.O., in the first year, behaves himself. Only his first year would be his only year with us. I mean, look at his first year anywhere (except San Fran). In Philly he helped take a team that stalled out every season in the Championship game to the Super Bowl and, arguably, had the best performance in that Super Bowl while playing on one leg only to see his quarterback cough it up at the very end.

Which is what I'm proposing the Pats do should he start mouthing off. Though, with his last season in Buffalo, I don't see any indication that he will. Especially with having gone from Fitzpatrick to Brady and from Buffalo to Boston, which may be his last stop (should we sign him).

Well, there is no denying what he's done in the past. That's precisely why I said that I have never been a big fan of his antics in the past. However, there is no denying what he can do on the field. Let's face it, the guy may take good care of his body and he may be in great condition, but he's flat out dangerous on the field. If we're looking for a WR2, I don't know why we wouldn't look to the best and most available option. T.O. is both of those, and I don't see why he would be against taking a one year deal. On the flip side, there is very little for us to lose by giving him a one year flyer.

Though, as I said before, you're always welcome to offer up your opinion on who would be a better option in free agency (or through trade)...

Doesn't this idea sound better and better as the days go on? A top 10 HOF receiver as the 2nd option, who will be relatively cheap, and have Brady throwing to him. Some idiot in the media needs to ask BB this and hopefully we'll hear a "why not?" :D

You just played right into my biggest point. That T.O., in the first year, behaves himself. Only his first year would be his only year with us. I mean, look at his first year anywhere (except San Fran). In Philly he helped take a team that stalled out every season in the Championship game to the Super Bowl and, arguably, had the best performance in that Super Bowl while playing on one leg only to see his quarterback cough it up at the very end.

Well, there is no denying what he's done in the past. That's precisely why I said that I have never been a big fan of his antics in the past. However, there is no denying what he can do on the field. Let's face it, the guy may have a huge ego, but he's flat out dangerous on the field. If we're looking for a WR2, I don't know why we wouldn't look to the best and most available option. T.O. is both of those, and I don't see why he would be against taking a one year deal. On the flip side, there is very little for us to lose by giving him a one year flyer.

I don't have anything against you personally :p; I just happen to disagree with you on this topic. I hear what you are saying, but I'm still not interested in TO.

He's never misbehaved in his first season because it's almost impossible to do. How do you get traded to a team or sign with a new team and within 8 weeks start complaining and acting up? You'd earn the reputation of a mega-scum bag and no one in the league would want to touch you b/c you are not worth the trouble. He came close to doing that when he was almost traded to the Ravens and refused to go. The guy is selfish and makes everything about himself. He hated the fact that he was playing "2nd fiddle" to Witten at times in Dallas, so how would he deal with Moss and eventually Welker being Brady's top two targets? Regardless of his age, TO doesn't strike me as a guy willing to accept a lesser role in order to win. People have acquired him thinking they could change him time and time again, and they've all failed.

With the Bills limited depth at WR, why aren't they interested in bringing him back? I have a good friend that's a big Bills fan, I'm going to text him later and ask him what his opinion of T.O. was this year. Too much of a diva that would dislike not being the focal point of the offense, and drops catchable balls way too much for my liking.

Why is Buffalo going to let him walk?

Last edited:

Attachments

• junkyard.jpg
    junkyard.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 64
Why is Buffalo going to let him walk?

9 drops in 55 rec, lackadaisical attitude and route running, (according to some Bills fans)

I'm on the fence as to whether he could help the Pats as a WR. I'm going to puke when he pulls end zone stunts like cradling the ball like it's a baby, throwing popcorn in his face, taking a cheerleader's pompoms. I despise players that celebrate TDs by themselves while ignoring their teammates. It's going to be sickening seeing him telling TB on the sidelines, "Hey Tommy I was open...Hey tommy didn't you see me?...Hey Tommy you could've hit me over the middle" etc. Even worse will be having to see him in a Pat's uni at the podium after the game carrying on like a fool. The biggest farce will be when he slowly becomes the voice of the Patriots because the media CANNOT leave this guy alone and he CANNOT shut up. He may have been a good old man up in Buffalo, but who would've cared about anything he said. The Bills were so far off the national radar that he was a forgotten entity. Now you put TO on a team like the Pats and back into the national spotlight where the temptation to promote his self worth at the expense of others to a huge audience and we'll see a different TO than the one from Buffalo. ESPN reporters will be clamoring over themselves just to have a chance to trip him up and say anything negative about the Pats and/or BB. He'll oblige them too. To loves to hear himself talk and doesn't know when to stop.

I like victories as much as the next fan, but not at the cost of class and dignity. I vote no for TO.

9 drops in 55 rec, lackadaisical attitude and route running, (according to some Bills fans)

I'm on the fence as to whether he could help the Pats as a WR. I'm going to puke when he pulls end zone stunts like cradling the ball like it's a baby, throwing popcorn in his face, taking a cheerleader's pompoms. I despise players that celebrate TDs by themselves while ignoring their teammates. It's going to be sickening seeing him telling TB on the sidelines, "Hey Tommy I was open...Hey tommy didn't you see me?...Hey Tommy you could've hit me over the middle" etc. Even worse will be having to see him in a Pat's uni at the podium after the game carrying on like a fool. The biggest farce will be when he slowly becomes the voice of the Patriots because the media CANNOT leave this guy alone and he CANNOT shut up. He may have been a good old man up in Buffalo, but who would've cared about anything he said. The Bills were so far off the national radar that he was a forgotten entity. Now you put TO on a team like the Pats and back into the national spotlight where the temptation to promote his self worth at the expense of others to a huge audience and we'll see a different TO than the one from Buffalo. ESPN reporters will be clamoring over themselves just to have a chance to trip him up and say anything negative about the Pats and/or BB. He'll oblige them too. To loves to hear himself talk and doesn't know when to stop.

I like victories as much as the next fan, but not at the cost of class and dignity. I vote no for TO.

Yeah just talked to my friend. He said he's not the same player anymore and drops the ball too much. Still cares about himself more than the team supposedly. He said it just wasn't a good fit; he was a big diva/star playing in a quiet town like Buffalo. Said he's glad to see him go and thinks if he goes to a bigger market he will be back under the national spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back