PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills training camp report friday 7/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans555

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Know this is a Pats message board...but here are some thoughts as I watched Bills training camp seeing as this is the visitors locker room

\

Made it out to St. John Fisher on Friday afternoon

Here are some quick thoughts...

- Youbouty looked sharp in coverage...maybe the fans have undervalued his role on the Bills as he was running on 2nd team with Will James. Youbouty made a nice play in coverage on Lee Evans and showed great catch up speed deflecting a ball to Simpson for a pick.

- Will James also look very very good...It is evident the Bills have great depth at CB witch will be essential in beating the Pats and their 5 wr schemes

-The Bills offense did some nice things...often in the 7 on 7 drills and 11 on 11 they split out Lynch and Jackson wide with the back field empty....This should help open the offense more and it looks as though Turk is sticking to his promise to use the RB's in the passing game more

-The Defense IF healthy will be something special...Dont know how to explain it but when you see them on paper its nice. But after they line up on the field they look really really good

- Marcus Stroud is a BEAST..he is about 2 times the size of Whitner and IN shape. I know the pads were off but Stound was consistently in the backfield blowing up the line.He should give good experience to Butler

-Hamden is a big guy and his passes were on the money....Would Buffalo really lose that much if they traded JP?

- James Hardy is as advertised....solid hands as he caught everything that came his way great size could use some work on his route running

- Steve Johnson will make the team and surprise people....his routes are crisp and he blends great speed and good hands with SIZE

- Parrish had a good day and made some difficult catches....the WR's as a whole looked good

- If the Bills for some reason dont have Jason Peters they are in TROUBLE....the line didnt look the same without him

- I see why Melvin Folwer gets blown up on run plays...he is very small. Why the Bills took Derek Fine instead of a Center they could groom is beyond me

- Courtney Anderson has great size just a bit slow...As does Robert Royal, Would like to see him find the end zone

- Derek Shouman and Derek Fine are clones...Once again why did the Bills take Derek Fine!

Well that all I got for now...hoping to make it to a few more camps I'll have more

bills should be solid this year. They may even get a wild card :)

bills should be solid this year. They may even get a wild card :)

Hopefully have been a season ticket holder for long....all I could say is i'm envious of the success pats fans have had

Bills have improved themselves the most out of our division rivals. I don't think they will be a walk in the park @ Buffalo this season. I can see them going anywhere from 7-9 and 11-5, alot will depend on the coaching, QB play and chemistry from the new additions.

A wild card would be difficult for the Bills to acheive in the AFC. They'd be battling the Browns, Steelers, Jags, and/or Colts for that spot. For argument's sake, I'm going to say they'll be battling the Steelers and the Jags in this case. Either way, I think both teams are more talented and are much more ready to compete in the AFC playoffs than the Bills are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes