PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Sign RB Fred Jackson to 2yr/$9m Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit that I was hoping Freddie wouldn't be happy in Buffalo this year when the Pats arrive. Everything seems to be going the Bill's way - but will they beat the Pats? It may be all for naught if they don't.

That's a solid deal for them. Too bad.

They got a good deal. Given that he's already over 30, I'm a little surprised that the contract length wasn't more of a sticking point for Jackson, since he'll be way past the standard running back prime by the time this contract is done. But still, given the glut of FA RBs on the market, and the fact that he is coming off of a season-ending injury, I guess it makes sense for him, in a way. He came into the league late, and doesn't have very much wear on him, by NFL standards, so if he can maintain his production and stay relatively injury-free, then some team might talk itself into giving him another lucrative contract in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Bad for us, I hope he fully recovers from his knee injury. He is a great competitor wish he were a Pat.

They got a good deal. Given that he's already over 30, I'm a little surprised that the contract length wasn't more of a sticking point for Jackson, since he'll be way past the standard running back prime by the time this contract is done. But still, given the glut of FA RBs on the market, and the fact that he is coming off of a season-ending injury, I guess it makes sense for him, in a way. He came into the league late, and doesn't have very much wear on him, by NFL standards, so if he can maintain his production and stay relatively injury-free, then some team might talk itself into giving him another lucrative contract in a couple of years.

might be that he only wants to play for two more years and then call it a career...maybe even something like the Light contract was...

might be that he only wants to play for two more years and then call it a career...maybe even something like the Light contract was...

Good point, hadn't even considered that. Especially as a RB, it would make sense though- he could potentially leave the game with fewer than a third as many career carries as someone like Tomlinson. That's got to count for something, in terms of long-term health.

That was pretty much Robert Smith's reasoning for retiring when he did. Funny how a decision that seemed so crazy at the time--who retired directly after rushing for 1,500 yards??--seems so reasonable now.

Last edited:
fragile fred is on the wrong side of 30. He might have 2 good years left, he might not.

fragile fred is on the wrong side of 30. He might have 2 good years left, he might not.

He only has 817 career carries, so he probably has at least a couple of good years remaining in him.

Without doubt the best overall RB in the AFC East.....great guy,better player.

I'm guessing you don't actually watch football. Fred Jackson is as tough a runner as they get. Good deal for the Bills, he's a great RB and one I would have loved to see here.

Well, I have to admit that I was hoping Freddie wouldn't be happy in Buffalo this year when the Pats arrive. Everything seems to be going the Bill's way - but will they beat the Pats? It may be all for naught if they don't.

Well, the Bills are certainly looking like the Pats biggest threat this year. Sure, I still expect the Pats to win, but you have to like the moves the Bills have made. I think they even had a solid draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back