PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Sign Percy Harvin

1 year for 6 mil is not bad. We just don't have the cap space for it. It's crazy how much people underrate him here, other than injury concerns (which our receivers have themselves) and potential bad locker room behavior, what's not to like of him on the field? I've heard people say he's not a deep threat and Amendola can do anything he does....uh....have you guys seen Harvin play football?

Nothing more enticing than catching passes from EJ Manual or Matt Cassel.

This guy is a MORON. Take a 1 yr deal on a team that has no qb instead of a 1 yr deal on a team with the GOAT QB. He could have put up MONSTER numbers here and got a MONSTER contract.

The no nonsense, rigid adherence structure here must have scared him away. He'd rather be loosey goosey with Rex.

oh well, whatcha gonna do.

If that Diana chick from NBC was wrong about this then she could easily be wrong about Bush leaving New England w/o an offer.

I believe her name is Erika Diana Leigh, right?

1 year for 6 mil is not bad. We just don't have the cap space for it. It's crazy how much people underrate him here, other than injury concerns (which our receivers have themselves) and potential bad locker room behavior, what's not to like of him on the field? I've heard people say he's not a deep threat and Amendola can do anything he does....uh....have you guys seen Harvin play football?

We have 12.4 million in cap space. Yes, we had the space lol. Draft only requires around $3 million, so we basically have $9 million to use.

A 1 year deal? SO a prove it deal....with a team with no QB?

1 year, $6 million. And that's probably why he's not a Patriot.

Absolutely--which is why it's practically pointless to even discuss players like Harvin, Wallace, Andre Johnson, Britt, etc.

I have no idea why everyone assumes that these players are "going to come cheaply" to the Patriots?

Last edited:
Nothing more enticing than catching passes from EJ Manual or Matt Cassel.

This guy is a MORON. Take a 1 yr deal on a team that has no qb instead of a 1 yr deal on a team with the GOAT QB. He could have put up MONSTER numbers here and got a MONSTER contract.

With Buffalo, he'll likely be a major showcase piece with Watkins and McCoy, so it's actually an excellent opportunity for him to have a "prove it" year of production, so that he'll have more value on the open market next spring.

On top of that the Bills gave him 6m dollars for one year. We were never in the running for that kind of money.

With Buffalo, he'll likely be a major showcase piece with Watkins and McCoy, so it's actually an excellent opportunity for him to have a "prove it" year of production, so that he'll have more value on the open market next spring.

On top of that the Bills gave him 6m dollars for one year. We were never in the running for that kind of money.
Well said

I will say this much: Percy Harvin is, in my opinion, one of the top wide receivers in the league.

I am also thrilled that New England didn't get him. Harvin is a locker room cancer, the type that eventually needs to be removed before it's poison reaches every single player. Oh, he'll show contrition, and be oh so sorry for what he's done, and he'll sucker some coach (Like REX RYAN) into believing in him and giving him another chance.

Once Harvin gets his head together, he'll be a productive member of the NFL.

Until then, I'm reminded of the following
th

I will say this much: Percy Harvin is, in my opinion, one of the top wide receivers in the league.

Do you mean one of the top playmakers? Harvin has never had a 1000 yard season at WR. Due to injuries, trades, etc, he has roughly 1000 yards receiving in the last three years combined. He's 27- not 21 anymore. Still lots of talent but looking more and more like he peaked a long time ago.

Never was anything close to one of the top receivers in the league, though.

6M seems crazy high- now I know why he didn't visit New England. They probably told him to take that deal. My guess is they were thinking about a Randy Moss prove it deal- 1 year/ 3M with incentives up to 4.5M.

Do you mean one of the top playmakers? Harvin has never had a 1000 yard season at WR. Due to injuries, trades, etc, he has roughly 1000 yards receiving in the last three years combined. He's 27- not 21 anymore. Still lots of talent but looking more and more like he peaked a long time ago.

6M seems crazy high- now I know why he didn't visit New England. They probably told him to take that deal. My guess is they were thinking about a Randy Moss prove it deal- 1 year/ 3M with incentives up to 4.5M.

I would be happy with your proposed 3-4m dollar range for a veteran WR who offers something. As you mentioned in another thread, depth at this position is important, and I think we got a bit lucky last year in terms of avoiding injury--although it was well deserved.

That may change based on whether or not they feel that spending that money on Bush may be a better utilization of resources, although I think we'd all like both areas addressed in a perfect world.

That may change based on whether or not they feel that spending that money on Bush may be a better utilization of resources, although I think we'd all like both areas addressed in a perfect world.

I think most likely will be either/or with Bush or a veteran receiver. Pats haven't even begun to address the defensive or offensive lines yet, despite that those are more concerning than skill positions. I won't even get into CB because I think that gets addressed after the draft.

Bills have a talented team and Cassel is being seriously under-rated. That said, a player like Percy Harvin may help for a time on the field, but he will be poison in a locker room that needs to shed a culture of giving up and losing. I don't think Rex Ryan is a strong enough leader to turn that locker room around. Sustained adversity will still send that team into a tail-spin.

I don't care if Harvin is in the division, as long as he isn't a Patriot.

I respectfully disagree. The way I see it, he has the skill sets, and is enough of a playmaker that opposing teams have to locate him on the field and pay attention to him every single play. You don't need a 1K yard season to be a top wide receiver. You get to be one by the way other teams respect you.

I respectfully disagree. The way I see it, he has the skill sets, and is enough of a playmaker that opposing teams have to locate him on the field and pay attention to him every single play. You don't need a 1K yard season to be a top wide receiver. You get to be one by the way other teams respect you.

Bingo. Mismatches win football games, having a way to create them is very valuable. Having multiple such players is lethal because you can dictate the defensive alignments.

I won't even get into CB because I think that gets addressed after the draft.

Interesting perspective. I think if one of the top 5 CB ranked that are "value picks", BB will draft one of them in the hope that they can start next year.

With that said, DT and OL will be addressed

Absolutely--which is why it's practically pointless to even discuss players like Harvin, Wallace, Andre Johnson, Britt, etc.

I have no idea why everyone assumes that these players are "going to come cheaply" to the Patriots?

Because everyone thinks because we win players come cheap. People don't realize how 75% of these players are as greedy as you can get...

Although $6 million seems like a lot for him, I don't think it is a bad deal to get him for an one year prove it deal. I not the biggest fan of the guy, but he will likely to be motivated and on his best behavior to cash in next year.

So injury concerns and lockerroom cancer mean nothing if you can produce mediocre numbers?
Last year he had more than 60 receiving yards in 2 games out of 13. He had less than 30 in 8 of them.
Yes, I've seen him be invisible in games. I'd take him at the right price but he would be more of a 3rd down RB and WR4-5.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back