PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills scouting reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have only seen a very small sample. Any upstate New Yorkers in the house?

What is this team about? Lynch is a stud, is Edwards any good?

Any thoughts on the matchup against the Pats?

Damn, some good old fashioned football talk. Feels good.

Well, look for some deep throws this week. We had Hardy open deep a couple times in the Jests game but the protection broke down around Edwards and he couldn't get him the ball. Also, look for the running game to get more attention this week. A season low of 30 yards on 17 carries won't cut it, a heavy dose of Beast Mode to say the least. Lee Evans gets double teamed a lot so look for Edwards to spread the ball around. Can't wait till Sunday. Should be a good one, I hope.

Here's a few reports:

National Football Post
"Considering the amount of injuries the Bills are dealing with, they are going to have to force some turnovers in their Tampa Two scheme, and find a way to get the ball into Marshawn Lynch's hand. Trent Edwards has struggled against pressure in recent weeks, so look for Bill Belichick to come up with some blitz schemes to rattle the young quarterback."

Football Outsiders looked at last week's game and noted that "the elimination of Buffalo's running attack was the key to the game. The Bills prefer to pound the ball and get quarterback Trent Edwards into manageable situations. On Sunday they were incapable of running the ball. ... Edwards was confused and ineffective. The key change was an injury to receiver Josh Reed. The Bills rely heavily on excellent receiver Lee Evans, but without Reed, the Jets consistently double teamed Evans. Edwards faced some pressure and was sacked five times. Receivers Roscoe Parrish and and James Hardy have yet to develop as consistent options, and the Bills will miss Reed dearly as he recovers from lower leg injuries."

The Buffalo News quotes Richard Seymour: "I think we always find a way to win. Obviously it helps to have a guy like Tom behind center making decisions. But we always find a way to get the job done, no matter who's out there. We play tough, smart football and try not to beat ourselves." They then go on to characterize the Pats' "defensive backfield is in dire straits" and "the offensive backfield has been a MASH unit as well."

The Rochester Democrat also writes about the concerns over the lack of a rushing attack by the Bills.

Albert Breer writes about the relevance of backup quarterbacks in a slightly off-topic column.

The Sporting News project a six-point win for the Pats.

FOX Sports thinks the Bills have been beating themselves but project a two-point Pats victory.

Four out of six CBS Sportsline writers are picking the Pats to win.

I have only seen a very small sample. Any upstate New Yorkers in the house?

What is this team about? Lynch is a stud, is Edwards any good?

Any thoughts on the matchup against the Pats?

Damn, some good old fashioned football talk. Feels good.

Lynch isn't a stud, not yet. One of the reasons I avoided him in FF this year. Lots of things to like about his game, especially his ability to get in around the goalline, but he's fairly overrated as a runner right now. Edwards is solid, but he hasn't taken that next step yet in making his reads quickly and getting the ball out quickly and consistently. This is a game where the Pats should be able to ring up a at least a few sacks by taking advantage of Edwards slow release.

Lynch isn't a stud, not yet. One of the reasons I avoided him in FF this year. Lots of things to like about his game, especially his ability to get in around the goalline, but he's fairly overrated as a runner right now. Edwards is solid, but he hasn't taken that next step yet in making his reads quickly and getting the ball out quickly and consistently. This is a game where the Pats should be able to ring up a at least a few sacks by taking advantage of Edwards slow release.

He has been hanging on to the ball a lot longer these last two games. Usually he's pretty good about getting rid of it in a hurry. It all starts up front.

i've paid some attention to this team. if we can get them to turn the ball over, like they have against the Dolphins and Jets, we should be fine. the crowd needs to be a factor, because they're not as great on the road, like most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back