PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Scare me a lot more than Jets and Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are completely out of your mind

The Jets are the biggest threat

this is common knowledge and should not even be discussed.

Why didn't you make a "who is the better QB: Brady or Cade McNown" thread?

Last edited:
I live close to Buffalo, they are going to be losing alot of key people and they are being very stingy and cheap with signing talent. Dont look for them to make a splash IMO, my friends are all Bills fans and they finally canceled season tickets about a year ago. Wilson really needs to sell the team or kick the bucket for them to revitalize that program.

Rumors:

Them trading McGhaee who hates living in Buffalo he even suggested moving the franchise to Toronto, I think he has worn out his welcome.

Losing clements, fletcher and possibly spikes and maybe kelsay.

They were on the verge but dont seem to wanna commit the $ to stay there or make a move to the next level.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OK you make some valid points.

Here are a few of my thoughts on the Jets and the Pats.

First the Jets played the same schedule as the Pats, Bills, and Fish, so your weak schedule for the Jets theory is all huey.

The Jets are retooling in the image of the Pats and BBs system, I would think that would concern most Pats fans more then what is happening in Buffalo.

Not to diss the Bills, but they seem to be taking a step back with the potential loss of at least 4 FA starters. Losman may well turn into a qaulity QB in the league, but with the loss of his starting RB, things will only get harder for him.

Miami is a train wreck, and Moss will not get the train back on track, letting go of Joey is a mistake.

Pats are the class of the AFCE, but are showing sighns of decline ( I know Jets fans say that every year).

AFCE rankings for 2007
1 Pats
2 Jets
3 Bills
4 Fish

Valid points. On teh schedule issue. the Bills got screwed the most. Each team plays 2 dfferent opponents. the Bills had to play San diego and Baltimore, the 2 top seeded teams. And the Jets played the Raiders and Cleveland, the 2 worst teams in the conf. That is a huge difference. HUGE!!!! Plus its not just those games. Those are 2 physical teams, so I am sure the following games were effected the week after playing those 2 teams. I think the Jets got a huge schedule advantage with their 2 games this year.

Your other points are valid. I still think the Jets are the Pats number 1 challenger, because they are losing no one, and have great cap space. The Jets will probably upgrade their RB this year, either through the draft or with a Michael Turner. But the Jets have so many defensive needs, and Mangini still doesnt have his 3-4 defense players yet. Plus they need to upgrade their DBs big time. That is too many needs to fill this off season. there is not a lot out their. Maybe they get Nate Clemens, maybe Graham to upgrade their TEs, but not much else. Where the Bills have an advantage over the Jets, is Losman over Penny, and a Qb adavntage goes a long way.

Miami is a train wreck, but they will beat the Pats 1 game somehow next year. I don't understand this.

So again we need to see how things shake out, but I still put the jets ahead of the Bills for now.

You really have to see hw things shake out over FA and the draft. I think the Bills will lose some key defensive personel. I do like Losman, I think he started to come ino his owwn the 2nd half of last season. I think he will be a QB. I also love Lee Evans, he is a Patriots killer also. Not to mention they have great ST. That is a Levy staple. I can see the Bils improving. But the Jets have almost no FA, and a ton of cash under the cap. I do not like their QB, but they hae good WR who make up for poor QB play. Cotchery kills the Pats, he has scored 3 TDS aginst the PAts last year on all indivdual great efforts. Coles also causes the Pats DB fits.
Miami, new coaching staff, no one knws who wil e their QB, questions after questions. They will not be a threat. But they will play their best game of the season, and beat the Pats once late in the season, and really piss me off.

I was reading your posta nd it all seemed pretty reasonable, until I got to this part:

I also love Lee Evans, he is a Patriots killer also.

A Patriots killer?

Not quite.

In six games against the Pats Evans has 13 catches for 240 yards. This averages to 40 yards and just over 2 catches per game. The most catches he's ever had against us in a single game is four.

In know way does that make him a Patirots killer.

Last edited:
Well at least we now know who Newton Tom Cat roots for.

Well at least we now know who Newton Tom Cat roots for.

from newton now live in nyc. love my pats but have to suffer thru endless jets and giants games every weekend. you?

I live close to Buffalo, they are going to be losing alot of key people and they are being very stingy and cheap with signing talent. Dont look for them to make a splash IMO, my friends are all Bills fans and they finally canceled season tickets about a year ago. Wilson really needs to sell the team or kick the bucket for them to revitalize that program.

Rumors:

Them trading McGhaee who hates living in Buffalo he even suggested moving the franchise to Toronto, I think he has worn out his welcome.

Losing clements, fletcher and possibly spikes and maybe kelsay.

They were on the verge but dont seem to wanna commit the $ to stay there or make a move to the next level.

Im sorry for all Billlls fans. But he wont sell naming rights, he wont do anything to upgrade the team, he's dumping his roster, he's not trying to help his own situation. I do have to give him credit for finally raising ticket prices, a little, but they are still the lowest in the league. He should have thought of bringing costs up to average, selling naming rights and product endorsements, etc., then taking the next step with the team. He might be able to actually help things out that way. Now it looks like someone emptying his bank accounts before a divorce. I think he is preparing to sell the team.

from newton now live in nyc. love my pats but have to suffer thru endless jets and giants games every weekend. you?

You love your Pats yet you post crap like this:

im ready for pats to start developing a true backup for brady not an old man novelty. lover boy brady couldnt keep it in his pants may signal the beginning of the end for him.

thumbs down on...

I think you are a troll who has nothing better to do than visit this site and pretend to be a Pats fan.

Please,please, never compare Brady to Losman again. My eyes are bleeding from reading your post.

Your guess was way off regarding Bledsoe and Brady.

point is you seem to dismiss young QBs just because theyre young.

Last edited:
[/I]

I think you are a troll who has nothing better to do than visit this site and pretend to be a Pats fan.[/QUOTE]

calling out brady for being an irresponsible fool for having illegitimate kids makes me less of a fan? how so? i think brady is the one hurting the team w/ his actions

I think that no matter what, we go 4-2 in the AFCE. Pick whoever you want for the two losses.

im just glad coach bellichek isnt as complacent as pats fans

who?

and what is this mumbo jumbo about a football team in buffalo? are you talking about the Argonauts? that's CFL kid--they don't play the Patriots...

[/I]

I think you are a troll who has nothing better to do than visit this site and pretend to be a Pats fan.

calling out brady for being an irresponsible fool for having illegitimate kids makes me less of a fan? how so? i think brady is the one hurting the team w/ his actions[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked teams don't win games based on moral virtuousness.

NO way the Jets have tons of Money and Mangini wants to over take Belichick fast expect him to sign some key Pats possible Cory if released and Graham again the Jets may be the copy of the Pats like under Parceles

ahhh, so easy on the defense when they only have to defend 15 yards past the line of scrimmage.

:eat1:

That's what other teams are saying about us since our "deep" threat WR averages 12 yards a catch.

Regardless, the AFC East as a whole was a lot stronger than most people gave them credit for. Yet any of the three other teams could slip forward or backwards - and given the Patriots strenght of schedule they could be a better team and still not have as many wins as this past season.

You can make a case for any team really - Miami, under a less dysfunctional coach coud be better. The Bills aren't without some talent - and the Jets learned how to win last season - give them a good RB (and they'll get one, I'm sure) and they are that much bettter.

calling out brady for being an irresponsible fool for having illegitimate kids makes me less of a fan? how so? i think brady is the one hurting the team w/ his actions

Last time I checked teams don't win games based on moral virtuousness.[/QUOTE]

its not just about morality, it's about off-field distractions, which yes have ruined many a promising careers.

its not just about morality, it's about off-field distractions, which yes have ruined many a promising careers.

and certainly, banging models and having babies is something that no professional athlete has ever faced

you're a twit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back