PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills may be missing 3 starters on offense sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Looks like the Bills will be likely missing starting Center Folwer and LG Reyes on the line and starting WR Parrish is possibly out as well...If all 3 don't play Losman is gonna be on his back alot (5 sacks seems possible) and the Bills may only be able to score some points with a good game from McGahee (If he can find any holes through that patchwork O-Line)...I like our chances 100X more if all of these guys sit out-Its about time we are on the other side of important players out because of injury. - Despite my prediction (I expect 2of them to actually play thus giving them 13 points) if all 3 of those guys don't play we can shut them out or 3-7 points at best for them.

PATRIOT64 said:
Looks like the Bills will be likely missing starting Center Folwer and LG Reyes on the line and starting WR Parrish is possibly out as well...If all 3 don't play Losman is gonna be on his back alot (5 sacks seems possible) and the Bills may only be able to score some points with a good game from McGahee (If he can find any holes through that patchwork O-Line)...I like our chances 100X more if all of these guys sit out-Its about time we are on the other side of important players out because of injury. - Despite my prediction (I expect 2of them to actually play thus giving them 13 points) if all 3 of those guys don't play we can shut them out or 3-7 points at best for them.

I say bring on their best. If we can't beat the best Buff has got, better to find out now and find a way to fix the problem. I expect the Patriots to beat their best however. The Patriots stop the run well. Buff's run game is not posting great numbers either. Buff will likely pass more often than not. An interesting stat is that the Patriots have, I believe, the highest pass to run ratio on opponent's first down. Teams pass on first down against us at a high rate. This may be as a result of good run defense, poor pass defense or a combination of both. So your thought that McGahee would be their way to score points just doesn't jive with the stats. Further, Losman is completing better than 60% but at a lower 6.5 YPA. This tells me Buff likes the short, quick passes. To me this adds up to a game where Buff will throw a lot more than run, throw a lot of quick shorter passes, accumulate a decent amount of yards through the air against a pass defense that gives up a lot of yards outside of the red zone. We win this game, hopefully, because we will keep their run contained, keep them from scoring TD's, we'll be able to have some success running the ball which will open up the passing game enough, and we are mentally better prepared as a team to adapt and execute as needed to win.

We have given up the least number of rushing first downs in the league - 18.

To give you an idea of how low that is, the offense with the least number of rushing FD has 20.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back