PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills lose 2 WRs for Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting to see some of CJ Spiller as wideout.

Also,starting right guard Kraig Urbik will miss several weeks with a knee injury. On top of that WR Johnson has been dealing with a groin injury. I don't wish injuries on anybody................unless it helps my team. :)

Bills backup (rookie) has more promise than Parrish imo

David Nelson and Stevie Johnson may actually be an upgrade over Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. Add in Scott Chandler at TE and - don't laugh - this Bills offense is about equal to the Chargers offense. Buffalo's offense is going to be a huge challenge for the Patriots defense on Sunday.

David Nelson and Stevie Johnson may actually be an upgrade over Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. Add in Scott Chandler at TE and - don't laugh - this Bills offense is about equal to the Chargers offense. Buffalo's offense is going to be a huge challenge for the Patriots defense on Sunday.

Don't forget about Fred Jackson. Still, can't see them pressuring Brady, and thus, can't see them winning.

I would be surprised if Stevie Johnson plays after re-injurying his groin last week. Guess we'll find out.

Would even out the Hernandez loss.

Yeah, I will laugh. It's a little early in the season to start pretending Fitzpatrick, Nelson and Chandler are Rivers, Jackson and Gates.

After reading about the season-ending losses of Koppen & Pryor today, I continue to have no sympathy toward any team over any injuries, ever. We've suffered much more than our fair share over the years, starting with Tedy's stroke (otherwise known as The Beginning of the End).

And it's not that I wish harm to most of these players (though I do wish it to some of them...Marcus Pollard, Bobby Wade...Ray-Ray Lewis...)

Yeah, I will laugh. It's a little early in the season to start pretending Fitzpatrick, Nelson and Chandler are Rivers, Jackson and Gates.

FWIW, Fred Jackson is better than any of the Chargers' RBs. I wouldn't crown the Bills' offense yet, and we're catching them when they're really banged up, but they're definitely legit.

If the Bills put up 30 on us, which is a distinct possibility because their offense really is pretty good, I may have to take a mini vacation from this board to get away from the chicken littles.

I read that the Bills have 28 of the 53 players on the roster who were 5th,
6th and 7th rounders and some that were not even drafted.

The laughter that was prevalent thoughout the NFL when Chan Gailey was named coach has turned from laughs to respect.

I think those 2 starting WRs they have now were late picks or UDFA,this team can take these WR losses and keep doing well since its apparent that whole team is overachievers

Last edited:
FWIW, Fred Jackson is better than any of the Chargers' RBs. I wouldn't crown the Bills' offense yet, and we're catching them when they're really banged up, but they're definitely legit.

I'd rather have Ryan Mathews. At some point Norv is going to realize his mancrush on Tolbert will hurt the Chargers (he should be realizing that right now, in fact). Mathews had kind of a rough rookie year, but he is a stud.

I'd rather have Ryan Mathews. At some point Norv is going to realize his mancrush on Tolbert will hurt the Chargers (he should be realizing that right now, in fact). Mathews had kind of a rough rookie year, but he is a stud.

Really? He's proven to be anything but a stud thus far. Norv has a man crush on Tolbert for better reasons than your man crush on Matthew's, one has produced much better than the other.

Really? He's proven to be anything but a stud thus far. Norv has a man crush on Tolbert for better reasons than your man crush on Matthew's, one has produced much better than the other.

Ok bud. Even in what people considered a disappointing rookie season for Mathews he had a better yards per carry than Tolbert. Mathews' main problem was fumbling. Tolbert is not a great runner of the ball and is in fact thoroughly average in that department. Pretty good pass catching back though. Ryan Mathews is a MUCH more talented runner than Tolbert.

On what basis is Mathews a stud? Everything that I've seen from him has been unimpressive, right down to the 5 fumbles in 180 touches. Best case scenario for Mathews, he might eventually become the better player. In either case, that's irrelevant to the point that Jackson, at this point in time, is the objectively better player. There is no reasonable argument that can be made to the contrary.

I have Nelson on my fantasy team. I hate the fact that I know he's gonna beast this Sunday against the Pats secondary. Hopefully, it'll be on a losing effort for his team but not for my fantasy squad ;)

The Chargers are better at

QB
OL
WR1
WR2
TE1
TE2

Other than that, it's really close. ;)

On what basis is Mathews a stud? Everything that I've seen from him has been unimpressive, right down to the 5 fumbles in 180 touches. Best case scenario for Mathews, he might eventually become the better player. In either case, that's irrelevant to the point that Jackson, at this point in time, is the objectively better player. There is no reasonable argument that can be made to the contrary.

I guess you haven't watched Mathews at all this year. He tore it up in pre-season, and he has about 250 total yards through two weeks. He is dangerous home-run threat. Norv needs to give him more carries.

And as I said above: aside from the fumbles Mathews was a better runner than Tolbert last year also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots