PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills keep Jauron as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bills keep Jauron as head coach.

Further proof that Old Man Wilson is senile.

I used to like Jauron, crediting him with playing and developing Edwards over that idiot JP Loserperson, but after watching Edwards regress, the Bills collapse and several bad coaching decisions and an undisciplined team (q.v. the last 22 seconds of the 1st half vs the Pats) I have changed my opinion.

The real fact here is that were Wilson to fire Jauron we all know that the cheap bastid will not pay the $ for an experienced HC replacement with a resume, so he avoids the embarrassment of not even being in the Cowher sweepstakes by standing pat.

See, even fans of other teams get it. There is nothing short of a revolt going on in Buffalo right now. The BB message boards are filled with pure hatred for Ralph Wilson and **** Jauron. Even their beat reporter is getting shrapnel. here is what Wilson said of the decline in season ticket sales. This was taken from a interview conducted by a local television station personality.....

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson called Channel 2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore late Tuesday afternoon following his press release that the Bills will retain **** Jauron as head coach.

"I hope its for the best of the team...we hope to improve the team", Wilson said, adding "it wasn't that tough a decision for me at all, it was for everybody else!" , which was followed by a big chuckle.
Wilson confirmed to Kilgore that Jauron has, indeed, signed a new contract extension, but Wilson said he'd rather not get into the specifics of earlier reports it is a three year deal.

As for any assistant coaching changes, Wilson said "I really don't think that will happen, and if it does, that's totally up to ****".

How about front office or scouting staff changes? "Naw, I don't think we'll be making any changes there either", Wilson said.

When I asked Wilson if he felt disgruntled fans who felt Jauron should be fired might not renew season tickets, he just laughed and said "they're losing season tickets all over the league, and it's mostly the economy". In other words, his decision to retain Jauron isn't really based on the bottom line.

Wilson also said, when I asked him how he's doing, "I'm hanging in there pretty good for an old guy", and he did say he's happy to have the decision about Jauron out of the way so that everybody in the organization can move forward.

Pretty much no changes at all. The Pats, Phins and Jets are already 2-0 for the 09-10 season.

I was under the impression BB was impressed with this guy as a football coach and talent evaluator. Bills go 7-9 with a young QB in a sophomore slump, a petulant left tackle phoning in games, all in a division with three other winning teams - and people want to change over the entire coaching staff?

Just from the point of view of what's best for Trent Edwards, that's probably a bad move.

See, even fans of other teams get it. There is nothing short of a revolt going on in Buffalo right now. The BB message boards are filled with pure hatred for Ralph Wilson and **** Jauron. Even their beat reporter is getting shrapnel. Pretty much no changes at all. The Pats, Phins and Jets are already 2-0 for the 09-10 season.

You have my sympathies. I've always liked the Bills except when they destroyed the 60s era Pats. I was a big Edwards fan last year. Let's hope he just had a tough sophomore year.

As to the Bills, I'm seriously concerned about their future as a franchise.

See, even fans of other teams get it. There is nothing short of a revolt going on in Buffalo right now. The BB message boards are filled with pure hatred for Ralph Wilson and **** Jauron. Even their beat reporter is getting shrapnel. here is what Wilson said of the decline in season ticket sales. This was taken from a interview conducted by a local television station personality.....

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson called Channel 2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore late Tuesday afternoon following his press release that the Bills will retain **** Jauron as head coach.

"I hope its for the best of the team...we hope to improve the team", Wilson said, adding "it wasn't that tough a decision for me at all, it was for everybody else!" , which was followed by a big chuckle.
Wilson confirmed to Kilgore that Jauron has, indeed, signed a new contract extension, but Wilson said he'd rather not get into the specifics of earlier reports it is a three year deal.

As for any assistant coaching changes, Wilson said "I really don't think that will happen, and if it does, that's totally up to ****".

How about front office or scouting staff changes? "Naw, I don't think we'll be making any changes there either", Wilson said.

When I asked Wilson if he felt disgruntled fans who felt Jauron should be fired might not renew season tickets, he just laughed and said "they're losing season tickets all over the league, and it's mostly the economy". In other words, his decision to retain Jauron isn't really based on the bottom line.

Wilson also said, when I asked him how he's doing, "I'm hanging in there pretty good for an old guy", and he did say he's happy to have the decision about Jauron out of the way so that everybody in the organization can move forward.

Pretty much no changes at all. The Pats, Phins and Jets are already 2-0 for the 09-10 season.

Hang on. I called the decision curious, not awful. It's curious because the Bills faltered after a quick start, and I think the smarter move would have been to see who else became available, since there's no (legal) recruiting in the NFL prior to the free agency period. On the other hand, that Bills team still has serious talent issues, and had a morale problem from the beginning because of the Peters situation.

As a Bills fan, you need to be honest with yourself. You don't have a QB you can rely on. Your running backs are more the "cloud of dust" types than "lightning strike" types. Your receivers are inconsistent, short and probably overrated. Your defensive line needs an overhaul. Your MLB was essentially a rookie due to injury. Your secondary still needs help, and depth is a problem almost everywhere.

Jauron is not Belichick, but there's only one of those in the league.

LOL. I remember early on in the season how this forum was on Jauron's nuts and SOME even said they'd like to see Belichick replaced with him. Wow. :eek:

Thank the lord he is still in the divison now. Looks like yet another 2-0 record against the Bills next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back