PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills GM Nix: Patriots 'don't scare me'

so you said the word cheat but didn't say it.

Nope. I dunno either.

so you said the word cheat but didn't say it.

That's right.

I come in here talking about something specific, and people start blitzing me about losing 4 Super Bowls and the inevitable event of my team moving to LA or Toronto. Unkind.

I said that if I were anything like the people around here, I'd bring up [how much I am jealous of the Patriots' dominant success]...perhaps I'd do it randomly, as though it would go to prove some completely unrelated point. Or perhaps just to be unkind.

But I did not bring up [how much I am jealous of the Patriots success], because I'm better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's debatable.

That's your opinion.

Comparing him to Ryan is bogus. "We aren't going to kiss Belichick's rings" is a poorly worded statement. "We aren't scared of the Patriots or the AFC" says basically the same thing, but is properly worded.

"I guarantee we'll win the Super Bowl." Well, that's not just poorly worded, but beyond idiotic.

You keep living in delusionland. I'll stay in the real world.

You keep living in delusionland. I'll stay in the real world.

Perception is reality.

In what world is saying that you are not afraid of the competition inappropriate? Deus Irae-land?

That's right.

I come in here talking about something specific, and people start blitzing me about losing 4 Super Bowls and the inevitable event of my team moving to LA or Toronto. Unkind.

I said that if I were anything like the people around here, I'd bring up [how infuriated I am by living in Buffalo and following an irrelevant team]...perhaps I'd do it randomly, as though it would go to prove some completely unrelated point. Or perhaps just to be unkind.

But I did not bring [my sad, pathetic life] up , because I'm better than that.
you did. You just haven't got the courage of your convictions. You'll infer something. Then you'll step back away.
Its cool. I got your number

Perception is reality.

In what world is saying that you are not afraid of the competition inappropriate? Deus Irae-land?

Ok, now you're just flat-out trolling.

Ok, now you're just flat-out trolling.

Yep., he's obviously a disrespectful troll whose mask has come off in this thread. We have many posters from other teams who are great contributors here and truly debate with passion and insight.

Disrespectful trolls have no rights here. Gonna have some fun with him now.

Last edited:
"We aren't scared of the Patriots or the AFC" says basically the same thing, but is properly worded.
He used a strange phrasing for a guy who is supposed to have the ultimate respect for his opponents. A GM with no fear is just not possible. Why say something that is impossible? Say you're confident in your guys, boost your guys, but don't say anything about the other guys.

Nix made a poorly worded statement, that was essentially just him channeling Ryan from down state. This really isn't debatable.
How can an INTERPRETATION of a man's words not be debatable? That makes no sense in the world of debate.

Then Shmessy calls him a troll. I'd call an infraction on Shmessy for that. That's unncessary roughness. It's cheating. You guys are cheating by trying to invalidate his right to disagree with you.

How can an INTERPRETATION of a man's words not be debatable? That makes no sense in the world of debate.

Then Shmessy calls him a troll. I'd call an infraction on Shmessy for that. That's unncessary roughness. It's cheating. You guys are cheating by trying to invalidate his right to disagree with you.
Uncle Meat has been called a troll because he's trolling. It's straightforward from what I've observed.

For the record I don't disagree with what Nix said more the manner and delivery of what he said. If he doesn't wish he could have back those words and edit them to a more appropriate response then his position is above him.

Last edited:
Interesting that a Bills fan would bring up cheating, considering that they employed the biggest cheater in league history as their head coach.

Exactly.

No offense to anyone, but some Patriots fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, especially the younger crowd. They do not remember the lean years...there were a LOT of them, kids. When I started watching football in the mid '70s, the Patriots had made the playoffs like one time in 15 years before that. They weren't respected then. The '80s into the early '90s weren't exactly a picnic either, save a couple of few years in there. I say this not to cause trouble, but to give a little perspective.

Nobody actually affiliated with the sport would ever DREAM of taking offense to what Buddy Nix said. "I'm not scared" or whatever should almost go without saying, because anyone that is scared of anybody else does not even belong in this league. His saying that is not a sign of disrespect.

Again, the overreaction to this soundbyte shows a lack of respect for the Bills by some fans. That's understandable. But when they want their asses kissed or something, that's over-the-top.

I am part of the younger generation of Pats fans, but I totally agree with you. Like I said prior, what else is he suppose to say? In addition, the expectations that teams are "afraid" of the Pats are non-sense. The Bills have every right to think they will win the division and the SB. Anything less than they shouldn't be playing the game. We need to remind ourselves that the Pats haven't won anything in nearly 10 years despite their success. Lets be humble because one day the team will have to rebuild and teams will be laughing at the Patriots if anything.

I am part of the younger generation of Pats fans, but I totally agree with you. Like I said prior, what else is he suppose to say? In addition, the expectations that teams are "afraid" of the Pats are non-sense. The Bills have every right to think they will win the division and the SB. Anything less than they shouldn't be playing the game. We need to remind ourselves that the Pats haven't won anything in nearly 10 years despite their success. Lets be humble because one day the team will have to rebuild and teams will be laughing at the Patriots if anything.

Thanks PatsGirl.

You are my hero...not kidding. You got it completely. Enjoy your success while it lasts. To you, I will sincerely say that I hope it lasts cuz you have the right attitude.

Some of you other guys need to look in the mirror before calling somebody else ****y.

Edit: the asterisks do not indicate a swear-word, BTW. See if you can figure out what that word was.

LOL at troll too...no conception there about talking to opposing fanbases there for those that accuse. To those people I say that you are the best people of all-time: is that good enough? what does not being a troll mean if you aren't a Pats fan? Seriously, is there a way to accept contrary opinions from "outsiders?"

Last edited:
there are plenty of fans from other teams that post here without acrimony...YOU are a meathead...seriously, you try to use "hey ,your team had some down years...in the 80's except for a few of a couple of a some of a kind of year and I didn't say ANYTHING about from the mid nineties on!!..that's why YOU Patriots fans need to learn some things of things that are things that I know!!!"...you post like a bored old drunk from Buffalo with an aimless axe to grind...the last sixteen years must have a terrible affliction for you...we understand...football induced mental instability resulting in blind ,rhinocerous like stomping about in a thread about some mope half of us never heard of and could care less about.

Interesting that a Bills fan would bring up cheating, considering that they employed the biggest cheater in league history as their head coach.

Explain......

Explain......

One season when I was with the Bills, the offensive line coach for the team we were were about to face was fired days before the game. He subsequently called our offensive line coach, Jim McNally, and let him know some of the unique defensive formations we could expect to see that week. Needless to say, the defenders were very surprised how well prepared we were.

Read more: Risk of breaking rules not worth reward - Ross Tucker - SI.com

Column by former player Ross tucker

One season when I was with the Bills, the offensive line coach for the team we were were about to face was fired days before the game. He subsequently called our offensive line coach, Jim McNally, and let him know some of the unique defensive formations we could expect to see that week. Needless to say, the defenders were very surprised how well prepared we were.

Read more: Risk of breaking rules not worth reward - Ross Tucker - SI.com

Column by former player Ross tucker

Assuming this is true, is it illegal?

That's all you got?

Got a shred of proof?

"Biggest cheater in league history" is who exactly? I don't get it. Explain...in your own words this time, please.

Last edited:
Assuming this is true, is it illegal?

That's all you got?

Got a shred of proof?

"Biggest cheater in league history" is who exactly? I don't get it. Explain...in your own words this time, please.

I should ask you and the other Spygate drones the same thing.

Thanks PatsGirl.

You are my hero...not kidding. You got it completely. Enjoy your success while it lasts. To you, I will sincerely say that I hope it lasts cuz you have the right attitude.

Some of you other guys need to look in the mirror before calling somebody else ****y.

Edit: the asterisks do not indicate a swear-word, BTW. See if you can figure out what that word was.

LOL at troll too...no conception there about talking to opposing fanbases there for those that accuse. To those people I say that you are the best people of all-time: is that good enough? what does not being a troll mean if you aren't a Pats fan? Seriously, is there a way to accept contrary opinions from "outsiders?"

What Patsgirl doesn't know is that you brought up Spygate twice in this thread (which was edited out).

You are a garbage troll and will be treated as such here.

Your team has not been relevant for a generation and you'll have to go to the West Coast in a few years to root them on.

Last edited:
I should ask you and the other Spygate drones the same thing.

My team has sucked for 20 years. I have to get my jollies somehow.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back