PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills GM Nix: Patriots 'don't scare me'

Here ya go, Perfessor (obviously, you didn't get the sarcastic terminology):

Q&A with Bills GM Buddy Nix | Football | Sports | Toronto Sun

If you asked someone they could have shown you how to Google it up easily. But, OK, trolls from Buffalo need to be spoon fed. Squint real hard for the "directly asked about the Patriots" part you invented.

I have now exceeded my annual 12.5 minute quota for having to pay any attention to the Buffalo Bills.

Screw you too, pal.

Screw you too, pal.

Oooh, poor widdle Buffalo troll got upset.

You made clearly unsubstantiated claims, which were proven false in black and white in the Toronto newspaper link you referenced.

Reality was merely pointed out to you and you turn purple and lose it against a computer screen. How sad is that?

Your GM has never accomplished much of ANYTHING in the NFL. He's a nothing, but he unsolicitedly tells the media that the Patriots and their 5 Super Bowl Ring coach don't scare him.

Nice Barney Fife imitation.

I guess "screw you too, pal" is what passes for a pointed response in your area.

Last edited:
I'm not upset. You are just an ass and not worth talking to.

Which is why you keep posting?

The link was presented. You were 100% wrong. What more do you need?

You've made a complete baboon of yourself, but you're digging the ditch deeper and deeper.

Your team is irrelevant and your GM is not ready for primetime and you cannot comprehend the words in the link provided.

Keep on trying though, you're providing almost as much entertainment as a Jet fan. :D

By the way, Meatless, if you cannot come up with any actual substance other than "screw you" or "you're an ass", then I will have no choice but to ban you.

You can say those things if you like, but at least offer up something of substance mixed in. If not, oh well, it's been nice tossing you around.

wait ...not yet!! let me get this in before he goes..

beat it, Meat!

heh...OK...feel free to delete that post...just had to get it out

It surprises me that people don't use a face saving yet self serving respectable answer such as;

"The Patriots have been the gold standard for the better part of a decade in the AFC East. To get to the top you have to beat the best and whilst we look forward to the challenge we believe we've assembled a roster that can compete with the best."

It's not that difficult to talk your chances up whilst praising your rivals.

What he said.:agree:

There are lots of ways of saying you're not 'scared' of another team without actually saying it.

I don't see an issue with this, how long can we argue that we should be the team to fear? Its almost been ten years since we were champs.

I don't see what the issue is, he didn't say anything outlandish or over the top (like Ryan), he supports his team, has confidence in them, feels they can compete with anyone... no one needs to bow down in deference to the Patriots, nor should they.

Some fo you guys are WAY to over-sensitive about this stuff.

Which is why you keep posting?

The link was presented. You were 100% wrong. What more do you need?

You've made a complete baboon of yourself, but you're digging the ditch deeper and deeper.

Your team is irrelevant and your GM is not ready for primetime and you cannot comprehend the words in the link provided.

Keep on trying though, you're providing almost as much entertainment as a Jet fan. :D

In the original post: "...when asked about his feelings toward the Patriots."

From this link:

Bills GM Nix: Patriots 'don't scare me'

I went by that.

So what anyway?

I don't see what the issue is, he didn't say anything outlandish or over the top (like Ryan), he supports his team, has confidence in them, feels they can compete with anyone... no one needs to bow down in deference to the Patriots, nor should they.

Some fo you guys are WAY to over-sensitive about this stuff.

Exactly.

No offense to anyone, but some Patriots fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, especially the younger crowd. They do not remember the lean years...there were a LOT of them, kids. When I started watching football in the mid '70s, the Patriots had made the playoffs like one time in 15 years before that. They weren't respected then. The '80s into the early '90s weren't exactly a picnic either, save a couple of few years in there. I say this not to cause trouble, but to give a little perspective.

Nobody actually affiliated with the sport would ever DREAM of taking offense to what Buddy Nix said. "I'm not scared" or whatever should almost go without saying, because anyone that is scared of anybody else does not even belong in this league. His saying that is not a sign of disrespect.

Again, the overreaction to this soundbyte shows a lack of respect for the Bills by some fans. That's understandable. But when they want their asses kissed or something, that's over-the-top.

Exactly.

No offense to anyone, but some Patriots fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, especially the younger crowd. They do not remember the lean years...there were a LOT of them, kids. When I started watching football in the mid '70s, the Patriots had made the playoffs like one time in 15 years before that. They weren't respected then. The '80s into the early '90s weren't exactly a picnic either, save a couple of few years in there. I say this not to cause trouble, but to give a little perspective.

Nobody actually affiliated with the sport would ever DREAM of taking offense to what Buddy Nix said. "I'm not scared" or whatever should almost go without saying, because anyone that is scared of anybody else does not even belong in this league. His saying that is not a sign of disrespect.

Again, the overreaction to this soundbyte shows a lack of respect for the Bills by some fans. That's understandable. But when they want their asses kissed or something, that's over-the-top.

Dude... Your GM gave a poorly worded response to a question, and he's getting some grief as a result. It's nothing more than that, so take a Xanax and relax. Also, if this is too much for you, avoid the "Jets suck" thread at all costs.

I don't see an issue with this, how long can we argue that we should be the team to fear? Its almost been ten years since we were champs.
I think you mean won the Superbowl. Over the last 10 years, we've won the division 8 times? and to the other 2 times we had the same record as the division winner (just lost on tie breakers)

We've been AFC champs 5 times over that same span. Maybe that's not laker dominant, but this is a different sport.

Dude... Your GM gave a poorly worded response to a question, and he's getting some grief as a result. It's nothing more than that, so take a Xanax and relax. Also, if this is too much for you, avoid the "Jets suck" thread at all costs.

I'm not worked up, dude.

I don't happen to think that it's a poorly worded response or that there is any grief warranted. He specifically named the Patriots because they are obviously the team to beat in the division, and the goal is to win the division, which is the point. He also said he isn't scared of the AFC...I don't see the 14 other teams besides the Patriots taking issue.

Since you must not follow the Bills like I do, you don't realize the endless barrage of questions these guys see about competing with the Patriots.

It's called confidence, or at least projecting confidence. The beauty of Buddy Nix is that he shoots straight and does not mince words. He tells the truth and does not worry about being politically correct as much as other people in this business might. At the same time, he's respectful and never out of line. This is just a reflection of his personality, and a reason why people like him. That, and he's doing a good job. He's in it for the long haul and doesn't pretend about things.

I'm not worked up, dude.

I don't happen to think that it's a poorly worded response or that there is any grief warranted. He specifically named the Patriots because they are obviously the team to beat in the division, and the goal is to win the division, which is the point. He also said he isn't scared of the AFC...I don't see the 14 other teams besides the Patriots taking issue.

Since you must not follow the Bills like I do, you don't realize the endless barrage of questions these guys see about competing with the Patriots.

It's called confidence, or at least projecting confidence. The beauty of Buddy Nix is that he shoots straight and does not mince words. He tells the truth and does not worry about being politically correct as much as other people in this business might. At the same time, he's respectful and never out of line. This is just a reflection of his personality, and a reason why people like him. That, and he's doing a good job. He's in it for the long haul and doesn't pretend about things.

Belichick gets endless questions. Do you hear him make this kind of statement?

No need to answer, we already know.

Exactly.

No offense to anyone, but some Patriots fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, especially the younger crowd. They do not remember the lean years...there were a LOT of them, kids. When I started watching football in the mid '70s, the Patriots had made the playoffs like one time in 15 years before that. They weren't respected then. The '80s into the early '90s weren't exactly a picnic either, save a couple of few years in there. I say this not to cause trouble, but to give a little perspective. ...I don't need your "perspective"..I've been a die hard Pats fan since day ONE.

Nobody actually affiliated with the sport would ever DREAM of taking offense to what Buddy Nix said. "I'm not scared" or whatever should almost go without saying, because anyone that is scared of anybody else does not even belong in this league. His saying that is not a sign of disrespect. sure it is...he could have kept his big mouth shut and let the Bills SHOW IT on the field...but like all the Bills big mouths, he just HAD to vomit up his braggart declaration...exactly like ANOTHER big mouth azzhat in the division.

Again, the overreaction to this soundbyte shows a lack of respect for the Bills by some fans.it shows nothing of the sort...it's a reaction to YOUR lack of respect...bigmouth. That's understandable. But when they want their asses kissed or something, that's over-the-top.

you talk about "lean years" and "lack of respect"...heh....nice ...what the hell do YOU call the modern day Bills?...what a nutbag troll you are...you claim the Pats had little success since the mid 70's...they made the playoffs in 76, 78, 82, 85(Super Bowl),86,94,96(Super Bowl),97,98...meanwhile, YOUR precious Belles set THE NFL mark for futility by LOSING four Super Bowls..a mark that the rest of the league's fans laugh at to this day. The younger fans here are no worse than younger fans of any other fanbase, in fact I APPLAUD their sense of entitlement...they grew into this period of success and have learned to recognize WHAT consistent greatness is and how it is achieved. What have young Bills fans learned??? Proper bag over head etiquette?...now go get a box of wings, Ding Dong Daddy...and drown them in your tears.

Belichick gets endless questions. Do you hear him make this kind of statement?

No need to answer, we already know.

You're lucky to get three words out of Belichick a lot of times.

What's your point, that everyone should act like Belichick or share his personality? Belichick has not been dominated by a team for a decade, either.

There is nothing wrong with Nix's statement. Nothing. Ask Belichick.

You're lucky to get three words out of Belichick a lot of times.

What's your point, that everyone should act like Belichick or share his personality? Belichick has not been dominated by a team for a decade, either.

There is nothing wrong with Nix's statement. Nothing. Ask Belichick.

Nix made a poorly worded statement, that was essentially just him channeling Ryan from down state. This really isn't debatable.

you talk about "lean years" and "lack of respect"...heh....nice ...what the hell do YOU call the modern day Bills?...what a nutbag troll you are...you claim the Pats had little success since the mid 70's...they made the playoffs in 76, 78, 82, 85(Super Bowl),86,94,96(Super Bowl),97,98...meanwhile, YOUR precious Belles set THE NFL mark for futility by LOSING four Super Bowls..a mark that the rest of the league's fans laugh at to this day. The younger fans here are no worse than younger fans of any other fanbase, in fact I APPLAUD their sense of entitlement...they grew into this period of success and have learned to recognize WHAT consistent greatness is and how it is achieved. What have young Bills fans learned??? Proper bag over head etiquette?...now go get a box of wings, Ding Dong Daddy...and drown them in your tears.

I'm not a troll, fella.

I see this site isn't really friendly to fans of other teams. Just trying to have a conversation. If you disagree then fine. No need to be unfriendly.

I did not say that the Pats had "little success since the mid '70s." Just didn't say that. I said outside of a couple of few years in the '80s through the early '90s, and you bring up THREE years during that time...you go to prove my point. Thanks. I specifically did not mention anything past the early '90s too. Please do not misrepresent what I said.

What the Bills have ever done has nothing to do with what the Patriots have done.

You gotta be kidding me about that last part. How have young Patriots fans learned about "greatness and how that is achieved" better than anyone else in the entire world? Do you think that anybody can't follow the Patriots, or do you think that you must live in New England to do so? Rooting for a winning team is not a personal accomplishment, either...you understand that right?

If I were anything like some of the people around here, I'd say that greatness is achieved by [just being smarter and more disciplined than every other team]...but I'm not like that...to hit below the belt like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nix made a poorly worded statement, that was essentially just him channeling Ryan from down state. This really isn't debatable.

Of course it's debatable.

That's your opinion.

Comparing him to Ryan is bogus. "We aren't going to kiss Belichick's rings" is a poorly worded statement. "We aren't scared of the Patriots or the AFC" says basically the same thing, but is properly worded.

"I guarantee we'll win the Super Bowl." Well, that's not just poorly worded, but beyond idiotic.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back