PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills GM Nix: Patriots 'don't scare me'

Wait, GMs can trashtalk now? How do they back it up? By owning the hell out of the waiver wire?

Yeah!!! They are almost as pathetically powerless to back up football trash talk as .....ummmmm.....errrr......internet posters. :D

Yeah!!! They are almost as pathetically powerless to back up football trash talk as .....ummmmm.....errrr......internet posters. :D

Exactly as powerless. The only difference, I suppose, being that most internet posters have no delusions that lead them to believe otherwise.

Exactly as powerless. The only difference, I suppose, being that most internet posters have no delusions that lead them to believe otherwise.

Whaddaya talking about???? I'm directly responsible for the SB's 36, 38 and 39!!!!

But seriously, note to this Bill Nix fella: "Act like you've been there before, son".

Last edited:

Most internet posters are watching curiously to see if NE's OL will live up to the expectations of league domination. Should be fun!

why is every one so shocked by a comment like this?

when you loose to a team twice a year for a decade why would you be scared of them?

I`m not even being sarcastic, like the match ups are like the twice a year automatic losses to the bills of course their not scared.

What do you expect the guy to say?

Fair play to him. He's not slating our organisation or that of anyone else. He's saying they aren't phased by the task and fair play...if you are phased by it or are intimidated by better teams on paper then you're doomed to failure.

I'd honestly argue, given the fact they have had extremely strong starts in recent years and depth has hurt them down the home stretch, that they should be contending for at least a wild card with their new additions. If they're contending for that, they should be in a close race for the division so I don't blame them for having high expectations. They've made all the right moves.

I'll tell you something, I haven't jumped off the bandwagon with our O Line just yet, but if they continue to play the way they have then the Bills O Line scares the living hell out of me as a fan!

Last edited:
D line....right? Buffalo's O line wouldn't scare a five year old girl on a dark country road with growls from the underbrush...

It's funny watching so many here get their panties in a bunch over Nix's comments. One would think you guys would have become a lot more thick skinned with all the winning the Pats have done since 2001.

His comments were directed at his own team and nothing more. He's simply telling his team that losing is unacceptable and anything less than competing with top teams in the conference this year (see his reference to NE here) won't be tolerated. I have no idea why this particular interview is getting so much play, he made pretty much the same comments when camp opened.

For those suggesting he should have taken the "fly under the radar" tack, I get your point, but some perspective is warranted.

1. The Bills arent flying under anyone's radar this year with the offseason they've had. Buddy knows that and isn't hiding from it.

2. He's done with the losing culture that has permeated OBD for the last decade +. It's put up time. Get it done or get replaced.

Nix's comments are complimentary to the Pats in that he is saying they are the best AFC team. He's doing nothing more than challenging his club to step up. Good for him. Whats the issue?

It's funny watching so many here get their panties in a bunch over Nix's comments. One would think you guys would have become a lot more thick skinned with all the winning the Pats have done since 2001.

His comments were directed at his own team and nothing more. He's simply telling his team that losing is unacceptable and anything less than competing with top teams in the conference this year (see his reference to NE here) won't be tolerated. I have no idea why this particular interview is getting so much play, he made pretty much the same comments when camp opened.

For those suggesting he should have taken the "fly under the radar" tack, I get your point, but some perspective is warranted.

1. The Bills arent flying under anyone's radar this year with the offseason they've had. Buddy knows that and isn't hiding from it.

2. He's done with the losing culture that has permeated OBD for the last decade +. It's put up time. Get it done or get replaced.

Nix's comments are complimentary to the Pats in that he is saying they are the best AFC team. He's doing nothing more than challenging his club to step up. Good for him. Whats the issue?
It was a stupid thing to say from a GM putting inflammatory pressure on the Bills players to perform. In reality, Nix didn't have to say a thing.

Whaddaya talking about???? I'm directly responsible for the SB's 36, 38 and 39!!!!

But seriously, note to this Bill Nix fella: "Act like you've been there before, son".

It was a stupid thing to say from a GM putting inflammatory pressure on the Bills players to perform. In reality, Nix didn't have to say a thing.

Exactly. While I don't really find the comments extremely inflammatory, I also think that if Buffalo is going to try and develop any type of winning culture, they need to do it from the top down.

Nix' comments may not be anything to take offense to at all, but they do tend to add extra pressure on the team.

Some of us don't have an issue with his comment, especially if it's in response to a question that included the Pats. It's not like he pulled a Jest move and took a cheap shot at our team.

While we're on the subject of the Buffalo Bills, one of the Pats wins that really stands out to me is a bruising physical game that we had up there in 2001. That was the game when David Patten got knocked unconscious after he made a late catch along the sideline, and the potential game-winning fumble recovery by the Bills was negated because the ball grazed off the leg of Patten as he was lying out of bounds and out cold. Without that lucky bounce the Pats don't make the playoffs and Ricky Proehl doesn't get to accurately predict the start of a new dynasty.

They were decent enough to lead the league in turnovers during that time. It was something that the defense that we had in 2010, though flawed like last year's Bills defense was, did to help the team get to 14-2. They were decent enough to snag as many INT's in one game as Brady had thrown in the entire regular season the year before. Nobody is saying that they were a shut down defense. What I'm saying is that they were decent. When the injuries hit and they stopped getting their hands on turnovers, that's when they took the nosedive. Similar to what happened with us once we couldn't force a turnover in the 2010 Divisional Round. With that said, would you say our 2010 defense was terrible or decent?
The 2010 Patriots were 8th in scoring defense, the 2011 Bills were 30th.
There is no comparison at all.

Some of us don't have an issue with his comment, especially if it's in response to a question that included the Pats. It's not like he pulled a Jest move and took a cheap shot at our team.

yeah..there's what, 20 thousand plus members here? ...and this Buffy the empire slayer is getting all twisted up because a few (read less than .1% of the Patsfan membership) fans shoot back at some windbag up in Chicken Wing Wasteland?....how about explaining the homophobic comments that cascade like the falls over Niagara aimed at Brady year after year by the ENTIRE Barfalo fanbase, instead of parachuting into an innocuous thread on another team's fan board and wagging the finger of righteous indignation?...oh wait...it's the blind, raging jealousy of a fan who has nothing better to do than try to incite the fanbase here.

The big difference is that there won't be any 350 lb guys that get pumped up to mangle someone because of the internet posters. At least I hope not.:D

There was definitely a better answer, but it isn't really a big deal.

Yeah, I don't see what's the big deal regardless. I doubt teams are afraid to play other teams. The fear of playing teams begin and ends with fans..lol

Last edited:
I've always wondered why anyone would want to draw more attn to themselves with insanely bold statements like that, especially when they should try to be hovering under the radar and plugging away in a team building setting.

C'mon now. All Nix said was that it's the Bills' goal to win the division, and that he thinks the Bills can compete with anybody. "They don't scare me" was a sound byte and only part of a complete thought or idea.

That's called emitting confidence, something you NEED to win in this league.

"Bold" is guaranteeing a Super Bowl win like phat Rex...although I'd prefer to call that stupid. What would also be stupid is to publicly concede that your opponent is a better team than yours before the season even began...you don't do that in any way.

Attitude is a big part of the battle.

Ya know what they say about someone who, with no prompting, publicly insists he's not scared of someone..... ;)

You know what they say about somebody that has reading comprehension problems and can't put things into context?

Read the OP again, and then read everything Nix said and...here's the tricky part...try to put it in context. It specifically says that Nix was DIRECTLY asked about his feelings about the Patriots.

His response was entirely appropriate. He wasn't pompous about it in the least...like he's not going to kiss Belichick's Super Bowl rings or something, which it seems like most Patriots fans think teams should do if you go by what is said in this thread.

You guys feel dissed if somebody suggests they can compete with you or anybody else? Climb down from that high horse. Competing is what the sport is all about. Buddy Nix is a straight shooter, and he's being positive about his team's chances...go figure.

If Belichick ever allowed his team to have as big of a head as a lot of you fans, the team would not be as effective to say the least.

Last edited:
You know what they say about somebody that has reading comprehension problems and can't put things into context?

Read the OP again, and then read everything Nix said and...here's the tricky part...try to put it in context. It specifically says that Nix was DIRECTLY asked about his feelings about the Patriots.

His response was entirely appropriate. He wasn't pompous about it in the least...like he's not going to kiss Belichick's Super Bowl rings or something, which it seems like most Patriots fans think teams should do if you go by what is said in this thread.

You guys feel dissed if somebody suggests they can compete with you or anybody else? Climb down from that high horse. Competing is what the sport is all about. Buddy Nix is a straight shooter, and he's being positive about his team's chances...go figure.

If Belichick ever allowed his team to have as big of a head as a lot of you fans, the team would not be as effective to say the least.

OK, Mr. Buffalo English Perfesser. want to talk "context"? Here's the entire interview printed by the Toronto Sun. Show us anywhere in there where Buddy the Hick is "directly asked" about the Patriots.

Go on! We're waiting. Cat got yer tongue?

Best of luck to your team this year. And to your city in keeping its NFL franchise away from Los Angeles.

You'll never see BB or any official in the Patriots organization ever say something UNSOLICITEDLY about an opponent to the media as psychologically needy as "They don't scare me".

Dear Buffalo, try to act like you belong in the big leagues, son.

Last edited:
OK, Mr. Buffalo English Perfesser. want to talk "context"? Here's the entire interview printed by the Toronto Sun. Show us anywhere in there where Buddy the Hick is "directly asked" about the Patriots.

Go on! We're waiting. Cat got yer tongue?

Best of luck to your team this year. And to your city in keeping its NFL franchise away from Los Angeles.

You'll never see BB or any official in the Patriots organization ever say something UNSOLICITEDLY about an opponent to the media as psychologically needy as "They don't scare me".

Dear Buffalo, try to act like you belong in the big leagues, son.

LOL, I see no link, and I don't think Perfesser is a word. Perhaps you've never seen one.

All I know is that the OP says this in its link:

it sounds like Bills general manager Buddy Nix is taking a page from Ryan’s playbook, delivering some fighting words when asked about his feelings toward the Patriots.

Also, if you think that Buddy Nix hasn't been asked ad nauseum specifically about the Patriots, you are sadly mistaken. The message here is that the goal is to win the division, not try for a wildcard spot. Whether that will happen or YOU think it will is entirely beside the point.

Disrespect is coming from your end, not ours. You want to act like a pud and resort to "oh yeah, well your team is moving to LA," you can just stick it where the sun don't shine.

"The Patriots, the AFC - they don't scare me." Oh, the disrespect. Are you an idiot or what, or do you actually worship your team? You really are stupid if you think that what Buddy Nix said wasn't acting like his team belongs in the big leagues. That's exactly what he was trying to say.

LOL, I see no link, and I don't think Perfesser is a word. Perhaps you've never seen one.

All I know is that the OP says this in its link:

Also, if you think that Buddy Nix hasn't been asked ad nauseum specifically about the Patriots, you are sadly mistaken. The message here is that the goal is to win the division, not try for a wildcard spot. Whether that will happen or YOU think it will is entirely beside the point.

Disrespect is coming from your end, not ours. You want to act like a pud and resort to "oh yeah, well your team is moving to LA," you can just stick it where the sun don't shine.

"The Patriots, the AFC - they don't scare me." Oh, the disrespect. Are you an idiot or what, or do you actually worship your team? You really are stupid if you think that what Buddy Nix said wasn't acting like his team belongs in the big leagues. That's exactly what he was trying to say.

Here ya go, Perfessor (obviously, you didn't get the sarcastic terminology):

Q&A with Bills GM Buddy Nix | Football | Sports | Toronto Sun

If you asked someone they could have shown you how to Google it up easily. But, OK, trolls from Buffalo need to be spoon fed. Squint real hard for the "directly asked about the Patriots" part you invented.

I have now exceeded my annual 12.5 minute quota for paying any attention to the Buffalo Bills.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back