PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fans praying for snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=22296

Only one thing can stop Tom Brady and Randy Moss...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNOW!!!!!!

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Dear God,

Give me a winter wonderland on the night of Nov. 18th! Please Please Please. While New England will want to get the shovels, we have our very own plows named Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Melvin Fowler, Brad Butler and Langston Walker.

Give me one of those blustery beautiful snowstorms to christen the beginning of a playoff race in the City that wants it most!!!

Give me weather that makes Bill Belichick shiver, and with it a game that makes him shiver even worse. Make Randy Moss miss his days in Oakland. Make Wes Welker slip every time he tries to make sharp cuts. Make Tom Brady wish the "tuck rule" would bail him out again.

God - You set the stage, we'll make the noise...and maybe, just maybe, we can create a masterpiece.

LMAO! Yeah because the Patriots never play in snowy weather in New England. :rolleyes:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=22296

Only one thing can stop Tom Brady and Randy Moss...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNOW!!!!!!

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Dear God,

Give me a winter wonderland on the night of Nov. 18th! Please Please Please. While New England will want to get the shovels, we have our very own plows named Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Melvin Fowler, Brad Butler and Langston Walker.

Give me one of those blustery beautiful snowstorms to christen the beginning of a playoff race in the City that wants it most!!!

Give me weather that makes Bill Belichick shiver, and with it a game that makes him shiver even worse. Make Randy Moss miss his days in Oakland. Make Wes Welker slip every time he tries to make sharp cuts. Make Tom Brady wish the "tuck rule" would bail him out again.

God - You set the stage, we'll make the noise...and maybe, just maybe, we can create a masterpiece.

I guess that they don't tell them in Buffalo that it snows a little bit in NE as well! haha

Hmm... the fans on that site seem to believe Maroney is some scrub and under no condition can we run the ball. I hope the Bills are thinking the same way.

Apperantly being 8th in the league in rushing yards per game (132.3) doesn't mean much.

You have to pity the poor denizens of Buffalo - the only time their prayers are answered is when they pray for snow...

Hmm... the fans on that site seem to believe Maroney is some scrub and under no condition can we run the ball. I hope the Bills are thinking the same way.

We went up to Orchard Park in 2005 and it was a blinding lake effect blizz. You couldn't see the stadium from the parking lot!

The Pats fans were undeterred as they tailgated heartily, went inside and watched our lads still kicked their arse!

Sanders returned a pick for a TD and we were snow-fountaining in front of their club seats with our Pats masks on! Awesome!

Silly Bills fans, tricks are for kids!

Last edited:
Praying for mercy might be a wiser tack.

I think the NE fans think more highly of their team than they do. I healthy Bills team is a good one. They've been hit hard with injuries but they're scrappy and have excelllent coaching.

This brings up an interesting question to me. How will the Pats offense change/readjust when the snow comes here in New England. I'm guessing we just won't have the deep passes to Moss as much and stick with a little more run and quick short slant passes as well as outs. Should be interesting to see what BB has in plan for the snow games. To think of it, the AFCC game might very well be a snow game (assuming we make it of course).

We went up to Orchard Park in 2005 and it was a blinding lake effect blizz. You couldn't see the stadium from the parking lot!

The Pats fans were undeterred as they tailgated heartily, went inside and watched our lads still kicked their arse!

Sanders returned a pick for a TD and we were snow-fountaining in front of their club seats with our Pats masks on! Awesome!

Silly Bills fans, tricks are for kids!

All I can say is: It was F*cking Cold that day!!!

So my wife tells me, I don't remember feeling cold....:D :rocker:

I don't think snow is as big an enemy of the passing game as wind. And Boston is the windiest major city in America. In fact, Blue Hill which isn't far from Foxboro is the windiest city of any size in the country. Of course, Brady has plenty of experience throwing in the Foxboro winter. I'm not that concerned. Certainly the Bills could come out and give the Pats a go. And with a few breaks maybe pull the shocker. But if both teams play well, the Pats win going away. In fact, the Pats win unless they play really poorly.

Haha, it's like bills fans think foxboro is florida or something :D

Making the trek down from Canada (where we also know a thing or two about snow)...and will definitely be representing Patriot Nation well, regardless of the conditions.

WOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT!

Apperantly being 8th in the league in rushing yards per game (132.3) doesn't mean much.

To be fair, people often say a good running game opens up the passing game, and the converse is true. Some of our success running is due to teams having to defend against the pass. If the passing game dies because of the weather it's not clear at all if we could still run sucessfully (especially given Morris is gone).

Thankfully, though, we may still be in quite good shape to withstand snow and wind. I would trust Moss to adjust to a wind-tossed ball better than most receivers, though given his early years in a dome I can't prove it until it happens. I think weather will affect us, meaning fewer TD passes etc., but it will affect us less than the opponent and we will still be able to win.

As often happens in bad weather, though, turnovers might be the wildcard which changes the outcome.

Bring it on! I want to sit on top of a snowbank to watch a game...AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back