PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fan here needing your help please Pats fans.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans555

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Bills fan here from Buffalo, and as most of you know we are in danger of losing our team. I dont know how many of you feel about this (b/c most of you prob. hate the bills) but the AFC East would not be the same w/o the Bills, Pats, Jets, Phins.

If you can please sign this petition from a senator trying to keep the Bills in Buffalo, Thanks for your time and good luck to an injury free season :)

http://www.senatormaziarz.com/jtf.asp

There's a certain Bills fan, a young lady by the name of "FootballHottie" that made a bet on this forum last season, and we never heard from her again. You track her down for us, get her to post her picture of a Patriots logo tattooed on her tender young behind, thus satisfying the bet, and we'll sign your petition. Fair? ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
There's a certain Bills fan, a young lady by the name of "FootballHottie" that made a bet on this forum last season, and we never heard from her again. You track her down for us, get her to post her picture of a Patriots logo tattooed on her tender young behind, thus satisfying the bet, and we'll sign your petition. Fair? ;)

Sorry man, I dont know of "footballhottie" thats pretty lame though that she would do that. If you wouldnt mind signing the petition it would be cool, Jets fans and Phins fans had no problem doing it as i'm sure you guys wont :D

Politicans. This so-called Senator is pulling your chain for votes. These guys are slimy.

The Bills shouldn't leave for four reasons. 1. They are well supported by the fans. 2. The owners will make more by selling an expansion franchise to LA for $1 billion. 3. The Bills are NYs only team that plays in state, and you can't ignore the state's political heft in DC. 4. New Orleans is a better fit for LA.

I can think of a lot of other reasons it won't happen. But I can also think of one major reason that it will. An owner will buy them and challenge the NFL the way Al Davis did.

That being said, Mr. Maziarz is just pulling your chain.

Patriots fans clammoring for the Bills to remain in the AFC East might have the opposite affect of that which you intend, given the clear reasons why we appreciate playing Buffalo twice a year.

But I admire your devotion to your team.

JoeSixPat said:
Patriots fans clammoring for the Bills to remain in the AFC East might have the opposite affect of that which you intend, given the clear reasons why we appreciate playing Buffalo twice a year.

I sincerely want to help Buffalo keep the Bills but I am hesitant to sign the petition for the reason brought up above.

I had my name, address, and e-mail filled out ready to support the cause of keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Luckily, though, before I submitted, I actually read the senator's petition and found myself no longer eager to sign it. The petition started out fine but then it spiraled into an attack on the NFL and its new CBA. I was prepared to say to the commissioner, "Do whatever you can to keep the Bills in Buffalo!" but I'm not about to join up with the Ralph Wilson, who hasn't done everything he can to maximize potential revenue, crusade. Wilson had the nerve to attack OUR owner, Bob Kraft, who's brought this once morbid franchise out of the depths and into an elite status of NFL franchises, for being greedy while in reality Kraft and other successful owners just want everyone to do their fair share.

That’s why I’m writing to tell you that the NFL’s new collective bargaining agreement seriously jeopardizes the Bills’ future in Buffalo. As the details of the league’s revenue sharing arrangement are determined, I urge you to make sure that teams like the Bills aren’t left out in the cold so larger market franchises can unfairly build more wealth and pay bigger salaries. All I’m asking for is a system that gives Buffalo a fair chance.

I support an equitable playing field that protects, rather than penalizes, smaller market teams.

I support Ralph Wilson and his principled stand to do what’s in the best interest of the league, our hometown team, and our hometown itself.

I'm not signing that petition.

evans555 said:
Sorry man, I dont know of "footballhottie" thats pretty lame though that she would do that. If you wouldnt mind signing the petition it would be cool, Jets fans and Phins fans had no problem doing it as i'm sure you guys wont :D
Come on... You've never seen this chick (on the right, with the photoshopped tattoo) on a Bills message board?
fbhtte.jpg

She seemed quite eager to share her personal web site as well as her undying hatred for the Patriots.. she's just gotta be kicking around a Bills board somewhere damnit.

JoeSixPat said:

Good post, well said.

evans555 said:
Bills fan here from Buffalo, and as most of you know we are in danger of losing our team. I dont know how many of you feel about this (b/c most of you prob. hate the bills) but the AFC East would not be the same w/o the Bills, Pats, Jets, Phins.

If you can please sign this petition from a senator trying to keep the Bills in Buffalo, Thanks for your time and good luck to an injury free season :)

http://www.senatormaziarz.com/jtf.asp

Have ever seen the movie "Old Yella". It had a very sad ending. I hope it doesn't happen to you.

I may sign it once I stop crying. If I find out it is for real.

No one should ever lose their football team. "Old Yella" should never had- you know.

Seymour93 said:
but I'm not about to join up with the Ralph Wilson, who hasn't done everything he can to maximize potential revenue, crusade. Wilson had the nerve to attack OUR owner, Bob Kraft, who's brought this once morbid franchise out of the depths and into an elite status of NFL franchises, for being greedy while in reality Kraft and other successful owners just want everyone to do their fair share. I'm not signing that petition.
I have to agree...congress has no reason to intervene at all..sorry!! I would like to have the Buffalo franchise stay there, but attacking the new CBA?? No way!!

PATSNUTme said:
Have ever seen the movie "Old Yella". It had a very sad ending. I hope it doesn't happen to you.

I may sign it once I stop crying. If I find out it is for real.

No one should ever lose their football team. "Old Yella" should never had- you know.

What?! Ralph Wilson will go rabid and they'll have to shoot him?! :eek:
P.S. It's "Old Yeller," by the way.

Here's a question to ponder: If the Bills ever did leave for Los Angeles, how would they reconfigure the AFC East? Or the rest of the divisions? It would cause a domino effect that would shake up the whole conference alignment.

evans555 said:
I dont know how many of you feel about this (b/c most of you prob. hate the bills)

Not so! Back in the days when our teams' positions were reversed ... i always rooted for the Bills in the playoffs.
As i hope you enjoy rooting for the Pats in postseason.

For reasons given by my estimable teammates, though ...
sorry, won't be signing.

Tunescribe said:
Here's a question to ponder: If the Bills ever did leave for Los Angeles, how would they reconfigure the AFC East? Or the rest of the divisions? It would cause a domino effect that would shake up the whole conference alignment.

Kansas City would move to the North, with Baltimore moving to the East.

Listen, I want the Bill in Buffalo as much as anyone. But I seriously doubt that the new CBA is the problem. Had it not gone through, then the Bills would have been seriously screwed. Congress need not get involved.

I think Ralphs concern over when a "new" owner could be eligible for revenue share is a bit off. The new CBA does not really specify how long that would be. It could be just a month or two or until the start of the new football year.

Tunescribe said:
What?! Ralph Wilson will go rabid and they'll have to shoot him?! :eek:
P.S. It's "Old Yeller," by the way.

oldyeller.jpg

I know damn well that the title is "Old Yeller". We always refer to him as Old Yella.

And, did you have to mention that they had to shoot him.:enranged:

I was comparing losing your football team to losing a trusted and loved pet. It had nothing to do with Ralph friggin Wilson.

Get it , now?

It is really sad. Buffalo fans deserve better than Ralph Wilson.

Given that the Bills' owner is one of the two guys who voted against the CBA, it seems like a tempest in an upstate New York teapot.

Looks like: owner can't hack being a low revenue team (even though a new revenue sharing provision funnels him millions more a year) and threatens departure for larger market. Senator wants signatures to stop said team from departing. Somehow empowering Buffalo's state senator to rein in Buffalo's owner seems a little far afield for my tastes.

But I don't hate the Bills either dude.

By the way... cost of passing up an overpaid #2 receiver putatively on the comeback trail?

Price-less.

I just had to use that one again.

PFnV

Seymour93 said:
Kansas City would move to the North, with Baltimore moving to the East.

I would LOVE to see Baltimore in the AFCE instead of Buffalo. Here's hoping the Bills move to Los Angeles ASAP. I wonder what they'd call them. Los Angeles Bills just won't work. Maybe they could rename them the L.A. Slashers in honor of O.J.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back