PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills' Dareus says Brady whines to officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been trying to figure this out for years. They say he is arogant. I dont get it. I just dont get it.

Tom Brady has the highest winning percentage for a QB in the history of the NFL.
American society has a deeply entrenched characteristic that if you can't beat them, criticize them.

Brady also has some of the best protection of any QB in the league, and has for years. He isn't hit or even touched nearly as much.

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about. You should stick to topics you understand, like your Colts fandom.

I think its incumbent upon all Pats fans to get the TRUTH out to the public. There was just one poster in this 5 page thread that posted a factual rebut to the myth that they are trying to perpetrate. I wish that one of the stat geeks would get the last 3 years of personal foul stats out there for us, and when one of these scurrilous articles pop up we as a group can attack it with the facts and demystify the LIE.

So rather than just make snarky remarks about Darrius, we can actually shed some light on this attack on one of our own.

Surely Dareus is a reputable source. If I ever need an unbiased opinion on something I go straight to Dareus he tells it like it is. It's not like he's sitting a home being a sore loser.

He's a Bill, so his opinion doesn't count for anything.

I think its incumbent upon all Pats fans to get the TRUTH out to the public. There was just one poster in this 5 page thread that posted a factual rebut to the myth that they are trying to perpetrate. I wish that one of the stat geeks would get the last 3 years of personal foul stats out there for us, and when one of these scurrilous articles pop up we as a group can attack it with the facts and demystify the LIE.

So rather than just make snarky remarks about Darrius, we can actually shed some light on this attack on one of our own.

This is the myth busting article.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Michael Vick and Roughing the Passer

Last edited:
All QB's whine to the officials. It costs you nothing and if they give you the benefit of the doubt, good on you.

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about. You should stick to topics you understand, like your Colts fandom.

Actually, I do. Brady has one of the best O-lines in the league.

No one really disputes that.

Actually, you don't. I don't have the numbers from this year, so it's possible that things have changed a bit, but we used to go back and forth on this site about the wisdom of the Patriots passing game because of all the hits Brady took. You see, Brady will hold onto the ball for as long as possible in order to make a play, thus subjecting him to hits even on plays that are well blocked.

You could take this up with Captain Stone. As I recall, this was one of his pet causes.

Last edited:
Dareus has an impressive record against New England: two games, one tackle, one assist, no sacks, no run stuffs, limited gap control. In the two games combined Dareus led a tremendous Bills defense that held New England and Tom Brady to slightly under 1,000 yards. I'm sure it was all the refs fault. :rolleyes:

Dareus whining about Brady whining...
kettlepot.gif

Actually, you don't. I don't have the numbers from this year, so it's possible that things have changed a bit, but we used to go back and forth on this site about the wisdom of the Patriots passing game because of all the hits Brady took. You see, Brady will hold onto the ball for as long as possible in order to make a play, thus subjecting him to hits even on plays that are well blocked.

You could take this up with Captain Stone. As I recall, this was one of his pet causes.

If you mean empty backfield formations with 3 or fewer YTG, then you are correct sir.

Tom Brady, if you’re listening,” Harrison started. “Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up.”

It’s not like Brady threw the flag, so we can only assume that Harrison took issue with Brady motioning to the official nearby for the call after a play where Terrell Suggs wound up getting penalized.

Posted by NBC Sports on October 4, 2009, 10:09 PM EST

My take is that a lot of the "Brady whines" comments derive from the above incident.

Tom Brady, if you’re listening,” Harrison started. “Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up.”

It’s not like Brady threw the flag, so we can only assume that Harrison took issue with Brady motioning to the official nearby for the call after a play where Terrell Suggs wound up getting penalized.

My take is that a lot of the "Brady whines" comments derive from the above incident.

Whining fat ass Dareus was still in school at Bama. And Suggs did go for his left knee. Watch the damn play again.

You mean, when Suggs deliberately went at Brady to try to maim him and Brady pulled a matador move?

Harrison was joking, obviously.

How can people have not heard of Dareus? He had a great rookie year without Kyle Williams lining up next to him. When Williams gets back, he'll be a beast in the 4-3.

And face it - if Brady were any other QB in the league (and especially one named Sanchez or Manning), most here would agree w/ the sentiments. While all QB's & players work the officials, Brady is pretty near the top of the list, at least by the eye test.

I think you're missing the point. In New England, rookies don't talk ****. We all know who Dareus is, and many of us were hoping against hope that we might make a move for him. He's a very talented kid who has won absolutely nothing so far that would make his opinion on one of the GOAT worth a ****.

As for the second part, interesting you bring up Manning, who gets RTP calls at roughly the same rate as Brady (a bit more frequently actually). I'm sure you're equally as critical of Manning.

Brady also has some of the best protection of any QB in the league, and has for years. He isn't hit or even touched nearly as much.

Here's where you missed the boat. While I certainly agree that the OL has a lot of talent on it, you're absolutely wrong about the hits or being touched.

This year's Patriots OL was stocked with several 1st and 2nd rounders with plenty of Pro Bowls to go around. Yet they gave up 71 QB hits, which was the 12th-fewest in the league, but nowhere near the top of the list like you seem to believe. The Bills had a terrible young OL yet gave up fewer hits (69). The Giants cut two longtime OL vets in Shaun O'Hara and Rich Seubert, struggled to gain cohesion early on, yet their line gave up exactly one more hit than the Patriots (72).

There are all sorts of factors that go into these things, from game plans to offensive systems to surrounding talent to the quarterback's ability to read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly or audible out to another play. As an example, I don't think the Colts OL had the talent of the Pats OL, but over the past few seasons with Manning running the show, they were much more effective at avoiding hits.

In looking at OLs with elite QBs over the past few years, I came up with 4: Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers. I think Eli has joined the discussion but wasn't there the last few years so I'm omitting him. Peyton's numbers are pro-rated to reflect this missed season.

23upir7.jpg

If you look at QB hits per team over the past few seasons, you see that Brady has been anything but sheltered, getting hit more than Manning or Brees. The number is actually much worse when you factor in that Manning has attempted 69 more pass attempts per season.

So your claim that Brady rarely gets hit is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% wrong, especially when viewed against comparable QBs.

Last edited:
Brady, himself, has discussed this very thing on one of his Monday morning chats with D&C on WEEI. Brady said that he's constantly talking with the refs, he said that most of the time, it doesn't amount to much, but he said he'll keep doing it just in case it works even once. Brady also said he knows it rubs a lot of defenders the wrong way, but added, "I don't really care if I hurt their feelings".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes