PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills cut Langston Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you guy's make fun of the Jets.:rolleyes:

Bills are Oakland East, both the Bills and Raiders need new ownership badly.

Ok, I'll tolerate a Pat fan making fun of my team but a Jets fan??? At least, I've seen my team in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

You may get to see a few sacks. The release of Walker just further illustrates the point that One Bills Drive simply doesn't get it. 'Til they develop the cohesion from top to bottom (ownership to management to coaching to players), the downward spiral will continue.

These are frustrating times for Bills fans. Hoping for the best is all I've got, and it's getting old. Don't worry; I've got a stockpile of wait 'til next years saved up. It would just be nice to bring 'em out a bit later than Week 1.

Speal for yourself and the rest of the "woe is me" Bills fan. Our OC sucked and thought it was better to confuse his own team than the opposition. Walker was brutal at LT and the team is very high on Bell. He is Peters before he got lazy. Maybe it is a little early to play him but I'm just glad the Pats* trade one of the best DL.

I'm not crazy enough to predict a win but this team will be better than peopel are giving it credit for. We had 12 turnovers on D and allowed 2.7 ypc this preseason. The offense blew but it also played without a HOF receiver. Our oline is very young, but mark my words, it will be a top unit in a few years. If Edwards can be decent, we will make some noise. Maybe not 9/14 but soon enough. ;)

W/ Buffalo being an economic minefield that's run by a local government nearly as inept as the Bills' execs, optimism that the team will stay in WNY beyond Ralph's passing is @ an all time low. Personally, I don't know what their fate will be when that happens. I just know that it is going to be very tough to convince the league to deal w/ Erie County's ineptitude along w/ their poverty.

As I said, hope is all we got...

You're an embarrassment to Bills fans with your whining.

I don't usually go by the name "you guy's", but anything's possible.

That's horribly cruel to Oakland. They've @ least won championships. The Bills, in 49 seasons, have hit the 10 or more win mark a whopping 13 times. Before their owner got speedy WR-crazy, the Raidahs were the winningest team in football.

====================================================

Hey, I like this guy.

Ok, I'll tolerate a Pat fan making fun of my team but a Jets fan??? At least, I've seen my team in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

=======================================================

Me too, only my team won!:snob:

Speal for yourself and the rest of the "woe is me" Bills fan. Our OC sucked and thought it was better to confuse his own team than the opposition. Walker was brutal at LT and the team is very high on Bell. He is Peters before he got lazy. Maybe it is a little early to play him but I'm just glad the Pats* trade one of the best DL.

I'm not crazy enough to predict a win but this team will be better than peopel are giving it credit for. We had 12 turnovers on D and allowed 2.7 ypc this preseason. The offense blew but it also played without a HOF receiver. Our oline is very young, but mark my words, it will be a top unit in a few years. If Edwards can be decent, we will make some noise. Maybe not 9/14 but soon enough. ;)

I just hope Bell comes back strong from his back injury. He does offer a lot of the same attributes that Peters had in terms of his athleticism (though not nearly as strong as Peters-but not many OL in the league are, so that's no major knock on Bell), so there's hope (there's that word again) that things will only get better up front.

To say the offense looked confused w/ Schonert @ the helm would be an understatement. Game day adjustments were minimal and mistakes still happen far too often (penalties, use/abuse of timeouts). Let's hope (man, again?) that a switch in coordinators goes a long way towards fixing that.

Trent is behind the 8 ball: folks get on him for his "Trentative" ways, yet how much of a gunslinger mentality would YOU have behind a sieve of an offensive line? W/ all the changes, the coaching staff needs to put together the line they feel gives this team the chance to compete and let 'em learn on the job.

You're an embarrassment to Bills fans with your whining.

hahaha...I was thinking the same. And I actually respect the Bills fan base.

Whining? Nah....well, maybe a bit. It stems from being frustrated @ watching my team go through the motions in terms of personnel decisions, coaching decisions, and the deja vu of seeing the same type of in-game collapses (the heartbreaking home opening losses in recent years to NY Jets via kickoff return in OT, Jacksonville following a 3rd and forever conversion thanks to Nate Clements, and Denver, who trotted Elam out just in time to kick the game winner w/ no time left) over and over and over.

But, one cannot be totally negative (can they?), so here's a few positives heading into 2009:

Paul Posluszny, while not being the most fleet footed LB, nonetheless seems to be improving in his coverage abilities and in his pre-snap reads.

Keith Ellison, while being a bit undersized (watching him get flattened by Cleveland's backup RB last year on Monday night was upsetting), has made some really nice hits and forced some turnovers this offseason. Maybe it continues into the regular season???

Eric Wood, while having some rookie struggles (awful in the Pittsburgh pre-season game), has shown some promising moments (looked good overall vs the Titans) and has the fiesty mentality that the rest of the interior OL needs to mimic.

Leodis McKelvin is a threat to break off a big play nearly any time he touches the ball. Now if Fewell can stay true to his word and actually put the guy up on WRs in press coverage.

The defense got a nice boost by some youngsters like Reggie Corner, Ellis Lankster, and Nic Harris (who I thought had a very impressive pre-season).

So, the cupboard isn't totally bare. I guess it's something I need to keep in mind when the wheels appear to be falling off the wagon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey