PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills bench EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton to start at QB

you just have to laugh at the other AFC east teams. JAG really is the second best qb in the division.

How so? You've seen Manuel play this year, right?
he's a first round pick, in year two. Year three doesnt include a first round pick so there is no hope coming in the form on a highly touted draft pick, and orton is not the solution. Best case scenerio they sign a free agent in the offseason(Vick/Mallet/Fitzpatrick etc) as a place holder, worst case scenerio they stick with EJ, but have now sacrificed a years worth of chemistry building with that shiny new first round pick you traded up to get in sammy watkins.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
There must be more to this story. A sophomore 1st round pick with some new weapons on offense and a more than able running game and team has no first round pick next year to get another QB...... and he still gets benched. Curious move.

Unless... the coaches have reason to believe EJ has lost the locker room. I'd be willing to bet that is the case.

Panic setting in...

This sucks, i was looking forward to playing against EJ Manuel. Now we have to worry about Sammy Watkins

I don't think EJ Manuel would hit water if you threw him out of a boat.

There must be more to this story. A sophomore 1st round pick with some new weapons on offense and a more than able running game and team has no first round pick next year to get another QB...... and he still gets benched. Curious move.

Unless... the coaches have reason to believe EJ has lost the locker room. I'd be willing to bet that is the case.

Here's the problem. QBs are supposed to show major development in their 2nd year playing. EJ if anything has regressed. Only one throw downfield all game connected. Not making good decisions. A coach with his job & career on the line is not gonna stick with this. EJ was given 4 games to show what he can do. He can't do much. I feel bad for Buffalo fans.

It's the Flutie curse. They started Rob freakin' Johnson, the "He's Tall & Has a Strong Arm" tackling dummy, for Flutie when they had their playoff window and the Football Gods have cursed their QB position as punishment.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back