PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Angelo Crowell placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The locals are talking about Crowell being placed on IR ending his season.

Apparently this comes out of the blue and might be a retaliation from the Bills management to Crowell who, being peeved that he hasn't had his contract extended, decided to have surgery on his knee 3 days before the start of the season. Bills HC **** Jauron said that Crowell's decision to have surgery took him and the medical staff by surprise. :eek:

The Bills don't really have a SLB on the roster to take Crowell's spot. Both possible replacements, Ellison and DiGiorgio, are more WLB types, neither weighing more than 220# soaking wet. I would imagine both would get eaten alive playing hammer over top of most TE's in this league.

Re: Bills Angelo Crowell placed on IR?

With this bizarre event, combined with the Jason Peters holdout and the discontent of Lee Evans over not getting an extension, the local media and fans are quickly thinking that new GM Russ Brandon (the teams marketing guy previously) is in way over his head. And then you have the 90 year old senile, owner.

Boy isn't it nice to not have to worry about a dysfunctional management and ownership group.

Angelo is a solid dude. I took Golf (1 credit) at Birdwood GC in Charlottesville with him in 02 at UVA. His older brother was catching deep ones on the Lions back then so Angelo had a spectacular of those X-14 recessed offset Calloways if I remember correctly. Anyway, Crowell is a player and whatever the strange circumstances are of this timed surgery are resolved, he will be solid for the Bills for as long as they keep him under contract. Very smart player.

This is weird...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

This story is getting bizarre. Crowell reportedly upset the Bills by deciding to have surgery three days before the season. Even though he might have only been out a few weeks, they decided they needed his roster spot and placed him on injured reserve.

I beilve that he will file a complaint with the bills, be off of IR by week 4, and sign with the patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back