PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Bills will win the division sorry pats fans but cassell will make a good starting qb in another city you really think he's going to want to be bradys benchwarmer after this year? I doubt that.

You guys come here every year for 15 years with the same old crap. And then the PAtriots blow you out and Patriots fans' take over your stadium.

I think this year will be different. I predict the Patriots will split with Buffalo, I think they will win at home and lose in Buffalo later in the year. No team in this division is going to get walked over like in years past. You won't win games with a blowout offense, your going to have to scrap and fight your way to a win.

By to way I think that's the way football should be. No blowouts

I think this year will be different. I predict the Patriots will split with Buffalo, I think they will win at home and lose in Buffalo later in the year. No team in this division is going to get walked over like in years past. You won't win games with a blowout offense, your going to have to scrap and fight your way to a win.

By to way I think that's the way football should be. No blowouts

And?

How does that change anything? The Patriots used to win this way before Randy Moss got here. Our top receiver was Reche Caldwell one year, and it was still a win.

Last year was a cake walk for New England. Even the good teams didn't put up a fight.

What games were you afraid the Patriot's wouldn't win last year?

Neither the Pats or the Bills play any decent teams at the start of the year. It's gonna be hard to tell who's the team to beat. The Bills get Oakland at home next week, and the Pats are playing the Dolphins. Both easy wins for each team. With such a weak schedule for the East, it's tough to see who's gonna be top dog.

Buffalo can go 5-0 going into their bye week 6. With the Cardinals being the strongest team they have to face. The Pats can play 10 men on the field at all times and be 4-0, before they have to face a team with a pulse (chargers).

Go to the Buffalo game every year. The wife's from the area and used to be a Bills fan. We love the atmosphere in the parking lots in the woods. The guy who owns our lot does a bonfire after the game and there's a big space in the middle to throw the ball or hang out and meet the fans of both teams (there's a lot of Pats fans there!). It's actually cheaper and more fun than going to a game at Gillette at this point.

Seattle is a terrible road team, especially on the East Coast. Jacksonville is overrated.

Overrated? Not really.

This offense is the same offense that finished sixth last year.

What happened?

As someone stated earlier, our O-Line has been decimated. We lost yet another one yesterday.

You of all people should know what happens when the O-Line can't protect the QB.

Last year was a cake walk for New England. Even the good teams didn't put up a fight.

What games were you afraid the Patriot's wouldn't win last year?

Uh, what? Even good teams didn't put up a fight? Last I checked, just about every team was trying to end the Patriots perfect season. The Ravens called it their super bowl. The Giants had the 5 seed locked up and still came at the Pats with full force.

As far as the cakewalk schedule, find me another team that had 9 wins against teams with 10-6 records or better. The Patriots beat the Colts, Chargers x2, Steelers, Jaguars, Browns, Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants.

Pats are the still the team to beat. I know as a Bills fan, 9 straight losses.
We'll see where the teams are at when they meet in November.

Last edited:
I watched every second of the Bills-Jags game yesterday at the Harp (the Bills bar in Boston, which I go to with my friends from upstate when the Pats are playing at a different time), and they looked pretty good. I hesitate to say 'very good' because of two things: first, their offense sputters at times...there's definitely talent there, from Edwards to Lynch to their WRers (and Hardy--2nd round draft pick--looks legit), but I don't think they've quite put it all together and will struggle at times (which they certainly did for almost half of the game--from the middle of the 2nd quarter until halfway through the 4th). The second thing is the defense...they're very fast and athletic across the board, but they also look like they can get 'run over' a bit...watching Garrard break off pretty long runs, or Taylor busting for 10+, it struck me that their weakness on defense is probably stopping the run, and I could see someone like Jordan having a pretty good game against them.

All in all though, I fully expect them to be right there with the Pats...hopefully we can wrap things up before the week 17 battle, because if ever there would be a home field advantage it'd be that week in Buffalo...that fan base is already in love with this squad, if they're playing for the East crown that entire city will rocking (along those same lines, there were easily 300+ at the Harp yesterday, that's damn impressive when you think about it).

Clifton Park is a small town. Buffalo is a city. If you want to compare Clifton Park to Buffalo suburbs like Aurora and Seneca, then be my guest. Those two towns are the places where the American Arts & Crafts movement started, and you're not going to find better reps of old time Americana than that.

I lived in Albany and Troy. Neither of those small cities hold a candle to Buffalo. It's not even close.

Guy, you are delusional. Most people here have been to Buffalo and we've seen the reality of a burned out post industrial rust belt city. The per capita income level of Buffalo DOES NOT support your fantasy of a beautiful city, its a hole and we know this.

I don't know what your smoking, but put this in your pipe for sober reality http://www.nysun.com/opinion/can-buffalo-ever-come-back/64879/

As far as comparing Albany, Troy, etc., you need to be comparing an equal size area (Capital District) to Buffalo, not pieces parts.

Last edited:
Clifton Park is a small town. Buffalo is a city. If you want to compare Clifton Park to Buffalo suburbs like Aurora and Seneca, then be my guest. Those two towns are the places where the American Arts & Crafts movement started, and you're not going to find better reps of old time Americana than that.

I lived in Albany and Troy. Neither of those small cities hold a candle to Buffalo. It's not even close.

Guy, you delusional. Most people here have been to Buffalo and we've seen the reality of a burned out post industrial rust belt city. The per capita income level of Buffalo DOES NOT support your fantasy of a beautiful city, its a hole and we know this.

As far as comparing Albany, Troy, etc., your comparing an equal size area (Capital District) to Buffalo, not pieces parts.
I've seen downtown Buffalo, its NO prize...
Albany's "candle" to Buffalo would be the Empire State Plaza and other important state buildings, of which Buffahole has NOTHING comparable.

In past posts you put Buffalo above NYC and Boston, what happened there?

Can Buffalo Ever Come Back? - October 19, 2007 - The New York Sun

Link didnt stick last time... Taking into account the information here, the intuitive argumument is against a long term stay in Buffalo for the Bills. Has anyone noted the increased PR attempt and profile of the Div Ia program at UB? Bulls 2-1 and threatening to break the top 50, perhaps become what Syracuse was? Between that, the Toronto deal, economic factors, etc. I'd say the Bills days in Buffalo are numbered.

Guy, you are delusional. Most people here have been to Buffalo and we've seen the reality of a burned out post industrial rust belt city. The per capita income level of Buffalo DOES NOT support your fantasy of a beautiful city, its a hole and we know this.

I don't know what your smoking, but put this in your pipe for sober reality Can Buffalo Ever Come Back? - October 19, 2007 - The New York Sun

As far as comparing Albany, Troy, etc., you need to be comparing an equal size area (Capital District) to Buffalo, not pieces parts.

Are we talking economics now? Did I say Buffalo was booming? No. Nor is it leaking anymore like that Economist thinks. There's been over a billion dollars of development in downtown alone the last couple years. It's easily on the upswing. Just a simple check of real estate prices here would reveal 10% year over year growth for this decade including the last few years.

I've asked everyone of you dissing Buffalo to tell me where you've been. We've been through this before. The vast majority have never even been to the Olmstead area, haven't seen Delaware Park. The view is only of driving to the Bills Stadium or through the thruway.

I lived in the Capital District for 5 years. Freakin' boring as all hell, with the highlight being Lark St. Crappy housing. Suburbs are strip mall heaven. The CD is crap compared to Buffalo.

I'm not the only one saying that, first of all, culturally, Buffalo has a lot of life, from high culture, Art, to low, football and sports, it has the best. Best Mod art gallery outside MoMa, top sport league in the NFL, and great music scene and restaurants in between. The architecture was built by the American giants, Richardson, Sullivan, Wright, etc., and the city laid out by Olmstead.

Here, I'm not the only one saying it:

"On an afternoon's walk through downtown Buffalo, New York, an architecturally minded visitor should prepare for an accelerated heart rate. For here is beautifully restored and fastidiously maintained evidence of what happened when the City Beautiful movement waltzed with industrial prosperity. The concentration of monumental structures by the likes of Daniel Burnham, Louis Sullivan, and Carrère & Hastings-plus later twentieth-century works by Rapp & Rapp and Minoru Yamasaki-explain why historians hail the city as an architectural museum."
- Architecture Magazine

"By looking past a half-century of decline to Buffalo's gilded age, a grass-roots movement has seized on a legacy of architecture, history, and art, aiming to transform the city into a cultural destination. The restoration of a Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece, the 1905 Darwin Martin House, anchors an effort to draw affluent culture-minded tourists and rebrand the city. Enough architectural gems survive from the late 1800s and early 1900s to bolster its image, said New Yorker architecture critic Paul Goldberger. 'It's an extraordinary and, in many ways, beautiful city,' he said."
- The Boston Globe

What They're Saying About Buffalo - Buffalo Niagara Convention and Visitors Bureau

Oh, and getting beyond architecture:

Shuffle No More (washingtonpost.com)

Compare this A rewarding visit to America's only Arts and Crafts colony to Clifton Park.

Sorry, no sale.... I agree 100% with what the Phd. economist wrote about Buffalo and also with what I have seen personally. It's just an opinion, much like yours on the Capital District. Considering that Albany has 200 years of history on Buffalo and a solid present as well as bright economic future, I'm pretty sure you'll find it hard to find folks outside Buffalo to agree w/your position.
btw-Obviously you know your way around Buffalo because your a native and didn't know your way around the other places you lived. You wouldn't be the first guy to move back "home" to friends, familiy and familiarity mistaking those things for a "better" (than others) place to live. However, the mass migration of the young and educated speaks for itself, no?

Personally I think that the Clarence and Cheetowaga flea markets which brag to be the biggest all year round flea markets in WNY are more indicative of Buffalo than what your spouting. These are a clear sign of financial desperation, and you won't find these on my side of the state : )

Last edited:
Sorry, no sale.... I agree 100% with what the Phd. economist wrote about Buffalo and also with what I have seen personally. It's just an opinion, much like yours on the Capital District. Considering that Albany has 200 years of history on Buffalo and a solid present as well as bright economic future, I'm pretty sure you'll find it hard to find folks outside Buffalo to agree w/your position.
btw-Obviously you know your way around Buffalo because your a native and didn't know your way around the other places you lived. You wouldn't be the first guy to move back "home" to friends, familiy and familiarity mistaking those things for a "better" (than others) place to live. However, the mass migration of the young and educated speaks for itself, no?

I'm not a native as was obvious in my first post. Grew up in New England. I know many parts of the Capital District better because I lived there longer. The area is doing poorly economically, but not in the last 5 years. That article you cited was from an economist with dated stats. Industry cratered up here, but finally it's being replaced, and the young people are coming back. The downtown area is gentrifying and there are hi-tech firms building out labs right in the heart of downtown. U Buffalo is expanding. The Roswell Research Center is a hundred of millions dollar investment that brought jobs with it, and its akin to Albany's nanotech project.

By the way, I never said Buffalo was doing well economically. I'm talking about the aesthetics of the city and the culturals. It's a great place to live precisely because of the pleasing architecture which is unrivaled in any small American city. I can see top notch sports, eat great food, go see great music from touring and local bands, see free concerts, the world's best contemporary art, a vibrant literary scene, good bars, and also the surrounding natural area is great with the Great Lakes and Niagara gorge. In short, poor economically, but living here is great. When I moved here, I had job offers in Lake Forest, IL and Miami, FL. I chose Buffalo because Miami I found unlivable (the people I interviewed with lived inland near the Everglades to void a 1 hour commute from beachfront communities) and Lake Forest was a dry town with a similar 1 hour commute from Chicago, with weather that's pretty bad, as bad as Buffalo in winter and 10x worse in summer. I also left Ann Arbor, MI (site of my previous job) for here.

I'd leave Buffalo in an instant for Providence, Boston, New York, Washington and Philly. Chicago and San Fran? Yes. But, can't think of many other towns that would have a better lifestyle for us. I've also lived all over New York state and think this is the best place outside Manhattan.

As for flea markets, I have no idea what you're even talking about.

Last edited:
I guarantee I've seen more of the world than you have. I've literally traveled the world. In the US, I've lived in Boston, New York, Ann Arbor, Providence, New Haven, Albany, Washington DC. I've been to many more cities as well.

Buffalo's beauty, architecture, cultural life, incredible beautiful houses ranks right up there with the best of them. Behind Boston and New York, ahead of a place like Providence. The only thing this city doesn't have is pleasant winters.

Comparing it to Detroit or Cleveland is silly. Those cities don't have the history or architecture or housing that Buffalo does. Not many American cities do outside Chicago, New York and Boston.

Where were you in Buffalo? Where did you stay?

Are you a writter? Because to anyone who hasnt actually traveld around Buffalo, you make it sound like a nice place to go. But here I am, with a little bit of reality. Buffalo is nasty! the entire city, and its suburbs. Yes I've been there, many many times, and no it is not a good place to go. I dont care how much of the world you have sceen, maybe you should go check out the world again once you get some new glasses. Rochester, Buffalo and Niagra falls(on the use side) are nothing to be proud of. In fact, one of the only cities in crappy as* NY worth actually going to see is Saratoga Springs.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY, BUFFALO SUCKS.

Taught at the U of Rochester for 5 years, lived in Rochester for 1 year, picked up stakes and moved to Buffalo, then commuted an hour each way for 4 years, even in the snowstorms.

There's a reason I did that.

couldnt get a job anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back