PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills are going to wind up winning the East. (Yes, you can quote me on that one.)

After beating a Hawks team that lost the the NINERS at HOME today? After beating an injury-riddled Jags team today?

Don't hold your breath.

Buffalo beat Jacksonville and Seattle

Pats beat Kansas City and Jets

I think Buffalo has the better wins so far.

The Jets are better than Seattle who I think will struggle to get to .500 this year. Right now the Jets may be better than the Jags with the Jags having their entire o-line out.

That said, I think the Bills will give the Pats a run for the division. I thought before Brady went down the Bills were the second best team in the division. Now that the Pats are weakened by the loss of Brady, they have an outside chance to beat them for the division. But it will go down to the wire.

Don't forget the last time the Bills went 2-0, they finished the season 6-10. Ironically, they beat the Jags the second week of the season that year too.

Let's see if the Bills can beat a team with a win.

They might not have to. Check out their schedule.

Seattle W 34-10
@ Jacksonville W 20-16

Sun, Sep 21 Oakland 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium
Sun, Sep 28 @ St. Louis 4:05 PM CBS Tickets Edward Jones Dome
Sun, Oct 5 @ Arizona 4:15 PM CBS Tickets U of Phoenix Stadium
6 BYE WEEK
Sun, Oct 19 San Diego 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium
Sun, Oct 26 @ Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Dolphin Stadium
Sun, Nov 2 NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium
Sun, Nov 9 @ New England 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Gillette Stadium
Mon, Nov 17 Cleveland 8:30 PM ESPN Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium
Sun, Nov 23 @ Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Arrowhead Stadium
Sun, Nov 30 San Francisco 1:00 PM FOX Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium
Sun, Dec 7 Miami 4:05 PM Tickets Rogers Centre
Sun, Dec 14 @ NY Jets 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Giants Stadium
Sun, Dec 21 @ Denver 4:05 PM CBS Tickets Mile High Stadium
Sun, Dec 28 New England 1:00 PM CBS Tickets Ralph Wilson Stadium

With Cleveland sucking and the win over Jacksonville, it's hard it imagine the Bills not winning 11 or 12 games.

That week 17 battle up in Buffalo very well could be for the division title.

Last edited:
AFC east teams have the easiest schedules this year. Even Miami might win more than two games with an AFC east schedule.

Wow, you're kidding right? I've been there 3 times unfortunately, and hopefully I won't be back. It's one of the dirtiest, most run-down, poor, filthy, disgusting cities I have ever seen. Right up there with Cleveland and Detroit. You ned to get out some more if you think THAT is nice.

I guarantee I've seen more of the world than you have. I've literally traveled the world. In the US, I've lived in Boston, New York, Ann Arbor, Providence, New Haven, Albany, Washington DC. I've been to many more cities as well.

Buffalo's beauty, architecture, cultural life, incredible beautiful houses ranks right up there with the best of them. Behind Boston and New York, ahead of a place like Providence. The only thing this city doesn't have is pleasant winters.

Comparing it to Detroit or Cleveland is silly. Those cities don't have the history or architecture or housing that Buffalo does. Not many American cities do outside Chicago, New York and Boston.

Where were you in Buffalo? Where did you stay?

Wow, you're kidding right? I've been there 3 times unfortunately, and hopefully I won't be back. It's one of the dirtiest, most run-down, poor, filthy, disgusting cities I have ever seen. Right up there with Cleveland and Detroit. You ned to get out some more if you think THAT is nice.

Haha..You're from Montana...Your cattle let you out of the barn for the night. Let the good times roll..:singing:

2-0, it's for real, (words edited for being a loser troll), just good young players

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills are going to wind up winning the East. (Yes, you can quote me on that one.)

It's Buffalo........... They will find a way to screw it up without question. They always do.

It's a really nice city.

Sounds like you haven't been there.

No, it's not. I live within 50 miles and am there quite a bit. It's has architecture, but that's negated by the grimy look/feel of the city. Buffalo is hands down the ugliest city in upstate NY (well, outside of Utica that is). Rochester (60 miles down the road) is about 50x nicer.

It just can't shake it's industrial feel, even though they are all gone now.

Can't really argue with that. I think both teams are for real, and both are going to make more noise this year than the majority of people out there are ready to give them credit for. One will win the division, the other will be a wild card, and I'm not sure which will be which. Seems like a point worth revisiting once both teams have played some decent competition (the Jags' O-Line injuries have completely decimated that offense).

Seahawks receivers injuries have completely decimated their offense.

Seahawks receivers injuries have completely decimated their offense.

Julius Jones(a former 1st day Parcells bust, that is) has looked pretty good thus far for them.

However-how in the heck did they give up 33 points to the NINERS today??!!

Seems to me the Bills are doing the proverbial "learning how to win" thing and may well be there at the end. Its still way early and I'm sure the Jests aren't done yet either. To me, this division is Cassel's to win or lose because the Pats still have a superior all around teram, he is the only question mark.

As far as the city of Buffalo is concerned.... I still refer to it as Buffahole.
It may have some redeeming qualities, but not nearly enough to whitewash its problems. Comparing it to large cities is ridiculous, but Cleveland, Detroit, they are in the ballpark. Please don't say its nicer than Albany/Capital District....(State capital of the richest state in the union, definitive white collar town with economic prosperity due to 40,000 state jobs, etc. with almost 200 years of history on Buffalo). I've been all around NY State and Buffalo is NOT very nice relative to quite a bit of other places. Lets compare Buffalo to say......my home town? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_Park,_New_York

Buffalo's beauty, architecture, cultural life, incredible beautiful houses ranks right up there with the best of them. Behind Boston and New York, ahead of a place like Providence.

Blasphemy! I don't know when you lived there, but Providence changed from a dump to a great city in the mid-90s. The only things bad there are the high taxes and bad public schools.

The Bills are the only team I worry about in the division. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they're well coached and they're scrappy. It isn't just that they looked good the last couple of games, I said this in the off season. These are going to be tough games against them this year.

Seems to me the Bills are doing the proverbial "learning how to win" thing and may well be there at the end. Its still way early and I'm sure the Jests aren't done yet either. To me, this division is Cassel's to win or lose because the Pats still have a superior all around teram, he is the only question mark.

As far as the city of Buffalo is concerned.... I still refer to it as Buffahole.
It may have some redeeming qualities, but not nearly enough to whitewash its problems. Comparing it to large cities is ridiculous, but Cleveland, Detroit, they are in the ballpark. Please don't say its nicer than Albany/Capital District....(State capital of the richest state in the union, definitive white collar town with economic prosperity due to 40,000 state jobs, etc. with almost 200 years of history on Buffalo). I've been all around NY State and Buffalo is NOT very nice relative to quite a bit of other places. Lets compare Buffalo to say......my home town? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_Park,_New_York

Clifton Park is a small town. Buffalo is a city. If you want to compare Clifton Park to Buffalo suburbs like Aurora and Seneca, then be my guest. Those two towns are the places where the American Arts & Crafts movement started, and you're not going to find better reps of old time Americana than that.

I lived in Albany and Troy. Neither of those small cities hold a candle to Buffalo. It's not even close.

Last edited:
It's Buffalo........... They will find a way to screw it up without question. They always do.

No, it's not. I live within 50 miles and am there quite a bit. It's has architecture, but that's negated by the grimy look/feel of the city. Buffalo is hands down the ugliest city in upstate NY (well, outside of Utica that is). Rochester (60 miles down the road) is about 50x nicer.

It just can't shake it's industrial feel, even though they are all gone now.

Taught at the U of Rochester for 5 years, lived in Rochester for 1 year, picked up stakes and moved to Buffalo, then commuted an hour each way for 4 years, even in the snowstorms.

There's a reason I did that.

Blasphemy! I don't know when you lived there, but Providence changed from a dump to a great city in the mid-90s. The only things bad there are the high taxes and bad public schools.

Lived there from 1995-1998 off of Wickenden Street, and I stay there when I see the Patriots (I was last there for the AFCCG, stayed at the Temple Mason hotel downtown). I love Providence, love it in the summer even more when I can drive to Horseneck Beach in no time. That being said, it doesn't have the homes, the architecture, the culture, that Buffalo does. But in general, it's doing better economically because of its proximity to Boston. Being a New Englander, I would take Providence over Buffalo, but that's not because of the city. More because of proximity to beaches, sports, living in New England, etc.

It's too early for I told ya so's, but the Bills are definitely for real IMO. They're young & talented on all 3 aspects of the game.

Pats are going 12-4. If the Bills beat that, my hats off too them. And by the way, you can quote me on that.

the Bills will win the division sorry pats fans but cassell will make a good starting qb in another city you really think he's going to want to be bradys benchwarmer after this year? I doubt that.

the Bills will win the division sorry pats fans but cassell will make a good starting qb in another city you really think he's going to want to be bradys benchwarmer after this year? I doubt that.

Based upon what? The Bills winning the division is like saying the Yankees will come back and get into the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back