Welcome to PatsFans.com

Billions of waste in Iraq.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pats726, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/09/60minutes/main1302378.shtml

I saw this story on 60 Minutes...and it is just incredible that 8 BILLION dollars is not accounted for...It's even wore to see the waste and how Bush and his cronies don't even care that the money is gone wasted... I would think even conservatives would care about that..BUT???
  2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Replace bush with clinton and you will far more likely get a response, I'm being sarcastic but that's hometeam politics. Iraq is the vegas of the middle-east, A few big winners and everyone else banking on luck ..That roulette wheel is still spinning.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

True...butmoney wasted is money wasted..by Clinton BY Bush???? Same thing the taxpayer gets screwed..with money down the drain....Maybe they like the fact of this waste???
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This news is so old. Thats just the tip of the iceburg. But Im glad they are returning to it. It goes to show how corrupt this Iraq adventure is.

Its what happens when corrupt pols launch illegal wars.
  5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is one of many examples of why raising the defence budget , should look at the angle of cutting corruption and waste. and maximizing the worlds largest defence budget instead of blindly raising it in the name of patriotism
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Where is the oversight on this??? And the flag wavers don't care at all??? It's BAD enough we are over there...for poor reasons, but pilfering and profiteering as well??? WHat is so bogus is that these so called patriots would be jumping down Clinton's throat if this was going on on his watch...but sittig back twiddling thumbs and watching money burn up....for NOTHING stolen...8 billion dollars unaccounted for!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  7. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The real tragedy is that honest hard-working soldiers are dying in Iraq while Republican politicians are running away with the loots.

8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

When someone does speak out, they get fired. As was the case of the whistleblower who rose through the ranks from poverty and saw dishonest deals going on. She spoke out and got fired. She has not gone away and will have her day in court.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Your damn right the should find out an prosecute all the bastards who are stealing money from taxpayers no matter if it's in Iraq or on the Big Dig project.

There have always been profiteers and those who want to take illeagal finacial gain from any situation. The Civil War had their share, WWII had theirs, but we need an active Inspector Gereral to go after these clowns. Throw them in prison and everyone else becomes a little more honest.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. Now, why won't the GOP majority in Congress investigate? Its been years and they have yet to look at it. Because they are turning their backs on the constitution, thats why.

Thats the reason why a two party system succeeds and a one party system fails. we are getting fleeced by corporate cronies...Congress is not doing its job of oversight.
  11. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

When did the Dem's do an investigation on the Big Dig? Fraud, waste , and abuse everywhere.

And the Rep's should order an investigation by the Inspector Generals office on where the money is being taken by fraud, waste, and abuse on Irq and Katrina.

Find all the bastards and throw them in jail. I don't care who's party is involved.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They are not investigating this issue? I don't know
    And if they are not, that's gross neglect of the party in power,that holds the title fiscal conservative.
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Patters and I think that title is in the wrong hands. :eek:
    Could have been just Clinton...but I don't think so.
  14. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He managed with gingrich.

And on this current issue of billions unaccounted for it would be nice to see some oversight, hopefully that doesn't sound unpatriotic and being a terrorist sympathizer for questioning accountability( none of this is directed at fbn) just the board in general. And I should add that I have not served in the military, so that might disclude me from actualy talking about it as well;)
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree completely