PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jesters doing there own cheating Vs Ravens?

And here is how the commish will reap what he has sown. We will hear "cheating" complaints from some "loser" team on a weekly basis. Hopefully they will all be against the Jets.

Re: Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count [mergedx2]

Regarding the Colvin penalty, I saw Colvin raise his arm to point at an O Lineman who he believed was moving before the snap...which happens 10 times a game

Regarding the Colvin penalty, I saw Colvin raise his arm to point at an O Lineman who he believed was moving before the snap...which happens 10 times a game

That's exactly how I interpreted it, too. Weird that they couldn't tell, I thought it was pretty obvious what he was doing.

Yea this was after his infraction though, he flinched both his arms forward and then back to his side. The o-lineman moved and then he pointed. It wasn't a bad call

Re: Thank god for Billick

Maybe it will take the Jets down a peg and stop trying to get us in trouble...hopefully.

so, IF it was in fact done, and it is illegal, then the Jets CHEATED, right?

loss of a 1st round pick maybe?

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (Unsportsmanlike Conduct)

Disconcerting (i) The defensive use of acts or words designed to disconcert an offensive team at the snap. An official must blow his whistle immediately to stop play.

Penalty: For unsportsmanlike player conduct (g) through (v): Loss of 15 yards from:
a) the succeeding spot if the ball is dead.
b) the previous spot if the ball was in play.
If the infraction is flagrant, the player is also disqualified.

Re: Thank god for Billick

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...but Billick calling out the Jets like that may be him calling them hypocrites and getting Belichick's back. Maybe he is one of the coaches that views Mangini as a rat now?

For sure, this is a total "I got your back, Billy" move.

Watch the video :singing: ............. classic, he must have thrown the word ILLEGAL in there like 5 times in the 30 second span. Hysterical.

Never mind that I don't think a football game has been played this year where that hasn't happened.

Has Billick said anything about our situation?

I hope every coach who plays ManJudas accuses him of something.

CHEATERS! CHEATERS! CHEATERS!

0-2*

Get this guy out of the league!

Here are the drives where the false starts occurred:

Baltimore Ravens at 12:45 NYJ BAL
1st and 10 at BLT 49 (12:45) PENALTY on BLT-A.Terry, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BLT 49 - No Play.
1st and 15 at BLT 44 (12:45) K.Boller pass short left to D.Mason to NYJ 48 for 8 yards (V.Hobson).
2nd and 7 at NYJ 48 (12:11) W.McGahee left tackle to NYJ 46 for 2 yards (B.Thomas).
3rd and 5 at NYJ 46 (11:31) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass incomplete deep right to D.Mason (D.Revis).
4th and 5 at NYJ 46 (11:24) (Punt formation) S.Koch punts 46 yards to end zone, Center-M.Katula, Touchback.

Baltimore Ravens at 9:41 NYJ BAL
1st and 10 at BLT 35 (9:41) K.Boller pass short right to L.McClain to BLT 44 for 9 yards (B.Thomas).
2nd and 1 at BLT 44 (9:05) L.McClain up the middle to BLT 48 for 4 yards (V.Hobson).
1st and 10 at BLT 48 (8:32) K.Boller pass short left to D.Williams pushed ob at NYJ 39 for 13 yards (D.Barrett).
1st and 10 at NYJ 39 (8:11) W.McGahee left tackle to NYJ 32 for 7 yards (J.Vilma).
2nd and 3 at NYJ 32 (7:34) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short right to Q.Sypniewski to NYJ 19 for 13 yards (S.Ellis).
1st and 10 at NYJ 19 (6:53) W.McGahee up the middle to NYJ 21 for -2 yards (D.Robertson).
2nd and 12 at NYJ 21 (6:17) K.Boller pass short left to D.Mason to NYJ 15 for 6 yards (D.Revis).
3rd and 6 at NYJ 15 (5:49) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short left to M.Smith to NYJ 5 for 10 yards (D.Barrett).
1st and 5 at NYJ 5 (5:21) W.McGahee left guard to NYJ 3 for 2 yards (E.Barton, J.Vilma).
2nd and 3 at NYJ 3 (4:36) PENALTY on BLT-Q.Sypniewski, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 3 - No Play.
2nd and 8 at NYJ 8 (4:20) W.McGahee up the middle to NYJ 2 for 6 yards (E.Coleman, K.Rhodes).
3rd and 2 at NYJ 2 (3:42) K.Boller pass short right to W.McGahee for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 0 6
M.Stover extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Katula, Holder-S.Koch. 0 7

Baltimore Ravens at 12:37 NYJ BAL
1st and 10 at BLT 26 (12:37) K.Boller pass incomplete deep right to D.Williams.
2nd and 10 at BLT 26 (12:31) W.McGahee left tackle to BLT 28 for 2 yards (J.Vilma).
3rd and 8 at BLT 28 (11:51) (Shotgun) PENALTY on BLT-A.Terry, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BLT 28 - No Play.
3rd and 13 at BLT 23 (11:35) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short left to T.Heap to BLT 30 for 7 yards (D.Barrett).
4th and 6 at BLT 30 (10:57) (Punt formation) S.Koch punts 47 yards to NYJ 23, Center-M.Katula, fair catch by L.Washington.

Don't know if the Jets did anything, but if they did they picked great times to do it:
1) Just after a turnover near midfield in a scoreless game (punt).
2) At the goal line in a scoreless game (Ravens scored anyway)
3) On a 3rd down with the Jets down by 14 (punt).

should be a forfeited game for CHEATING, plus a loss of day one draft picks... This cheating CERTAINLY gave more of a competitive advantage than any videotape.

should be a forfeited game for CHEATING, plus a loss of day one draft picks... This cheating CERTAINLY gave more of a competitive advantage than any videotape.

Assuming you aren't serious about the draft picks, but it should shut up the moral absolutists that define "cheating" as simply "willfully breaking a rule". If the Jets did this (and the network audio should be enough to determine if they did), then this has to be considered "cheating" under that definition.

Two Raven drives stalled without getting a first down when false starts were called. There is at least the potential for a competitive advantage gained by the Jets.

I don't believe that the league should get involved, but I do believe this should make the media "tonedeaf" when it comes to accusations out of Hempstead.

Last edited:
I just saw the press conference with Billick. It was quite clear he emphasized the word "illegal" and used it more times than it appears in the story. This was clearly a message to Mangini and the rest of the league that he feel that Mangini is a rat hypocrite. I expect more to come.

There better be some penalty imposed.

CHEATERS! CHEATERS! CHEATERS!

0-2*

Get this guy out of the league!
Hysterical.

Last edited:
Hooray for Billick. Just watched the vid and the implication is obvious.

They need to disband the"competition" committee. It's become a little PTA of the malcontents and losers who think they can follow Polians lead and legislate a super Bowl.

Not taking anything away from last year, but in 2-3 previous years everyone had to adjust to new emphases and rules all designed to help the passer. Coincidentally they had the best passing team.

Remember when baseball used to be a legitimate sport with a real commissioner? Some owners didn't like that independence so they named a sleazy used car salesman who owned one of the teams and would do whatever NY and boston wanted including taking over Montreal and using it like a dummy hand in bridge to stock the two glamour teams.

Now Bonds breaks the greatest record of all and no one cares because home run records and the league are a joke.

Outside of Polian, the competition committee is a bunch of losers who can't compete fairly.

Matt Millen is on it. Probably the worst GM in the history of the league. Charlie (will work for food) Casserly.

Come on, let each team make suggestions and the refs and commissioner decide rules.

PFT is saying Billick will get fined for his comment. That's a load of BS if that's true. Probably just wishful thinking for that douchebag Florio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes