PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is the same penalty (or not, read edit below), essentially, Colvin was called for last night (which was unintentional in his case - he just misread the snap count and flinched -- Vrabel was also called for this in 2005 vs. the Bills):

EDIT: I guess I should have read the story first. Colvin and Vrabel weren't calling out signals, they just flinched forward at the LOS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7237126?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count
Associated Press, Updated 10 minutes ago

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) - Ravens coach Brian Billick accused the New York Jets of using an "illegal" ploy to draw Baltimore offside during Sunday's game.

Billick said Monday that the Jets' defense shouted out signals to intentionally throw off the Baltimore offense. Billick claimed the tactic led to the three illegal procedure penalties against the Ravens.

"They did an outstanding job. I credit the New York Jets. Their defensive line and linebackers did a very, very effective job of illegally simulating the snap count," Billick said. "They did it the whole game long. It needs to be caught."

Tackle Adam Terry bolted offside in the first and third quarters. Tight end Quinn Sypniewski jumped in the first quarter.

"That's not an excuse by any stretch of the imagination. But it is illegal," Billick said. "Our guys have to deal with it. I don't know how to help my linemen with that because, you're in the heat of battle and you're calling the snap count, and the guy across from you is also calling a snap count - which is illegal."

Re: Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count

Belichick's fault.

This is the same penalty (or not, read edit below), essentially, Colvin was called for last night (which was unintentional in his case - he just misread the snap count and flinched -- Vrabel was also called for this in 2005 vs. the Bills):

EDIT: I guess I should have read the story first. Colvin and Vrabel weren't calling out signals, they just flinched forward at the LOS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7237126?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Mangina will get ostracized before the end of this season. He's way in over his head. Need to concentrate coaching the Sesame Street characters.

Case #1 of how Mangini has irritated the NFL coaching ranks. This stuff goes on all the time too and for Billick to bring it up is no coincidence.

For clarification pats1: Isn't Billick accusing the Jets defenders of the illegality? I don't understand the Colvin/Vrabel connection, then, if they just jumped after misreading the count.

[Never mind--just saw your edit. I type slowly...]

In any case, some spittle at the Jets is good.

Last edited:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...but Billick calling out the Jets like that may be him calling them hypocrites and getting Belichick's back. Maybe he is one of the coaches that views Mangini as a rat now?

Ahh week 2 and it's just begun Mr. Mangini. All your cheating, trying to gian an advantage ways will be exposed and you will look like the foolish, sore-losing prick that you are.

"WAAAH, the patriots cheated, wahhhhhh dont look at me, waaaaaah"

For those who don't remember:

Last night:

2-8-SD 44 (2:00) PENALTY on NE-59-R.Colvin, Defensive Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at SD 44 - No Play.

10/30/05:

3-4-NE 43 (8:59) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NE-M.Vrabel, Defensive Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at NE 43 - No Play.

At least its nice to see someone call out the Jets. Those bastards.

I think they should take our other 1st round draft pick for that...seeing as Mangina learned that while working under Bill.

Simulating the snap count is illegal...

Sounds like they should forfeit a #1 draft pick, pending investigation.

Billick saying Jets cheated now

Brian Billick, the Ravens' head coach, claims the Jets cheated by yelling out signals to draw their offense offsides.

Mangini has a target on his back. I am sure many coaches will be calling out everything he does that is questionable. Obviously this is not an offense that can warrant any punishment, but it will force the league to ask refs to be more aware of it and call more penalties on the Jets.

Re: Billick: Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count [merged]

Kudo's to Billick for bringing Mangina to task. This is just the first shot across his bow from a fellow coach and might also be putting the league office on notice that if they want to pursue matters, they better be looking at everything.

I agree that more coaches who are ticked off at Ratgini will be bringing up problems with the Jesters at every opportunity.

By the end of the year, Bellichick will be looking great and Mangina The Rat will be a laughingstock. Regardless of records and need of the game, the Pats won't be letting up when they meet the Jesters near the end of the year.

Mangini is a turd, the rest of the league knows this, they will continue to rat him out on every little thing the Jets do illegal now.

Mangini is a turd, the rest of the league knows this, they will continue to rat him out on every little thing the Jets do illegal now.

Just the beginning. Goddell has to be getting pretty pissed now

Time to enforce:D

I did not really see what Colvin was called for. He flinched his arm and moved less than a pivoting lineman. It's not like he stomped a foot or something. Seemed like a very tight call.

On a related topic, Rosie needs to watch out with the in-the-face trash talk -- he's going to draw a very untimely 15 yarder one of these days.

Just the beginning. Goddell has to be getting pretty pissed now

Time to enforce:D

Enforce what? Goodell can't even keep a tape under wraps.

***** 0-2******

I did not really see what Colvin was called for. He flinched his arm and moved less than a pivoting lineman. It's not like he stomped a foot or something. Seemed like a very tight call.

On a related topic, Rosie needs to watch out with the in-the-face trash talk -- he's going to draw a very untimely 15 yarder one of these days.

It was borderline but they have to call that. They don't have a slow-mo tape, they see it in real time amongst a ton of other things. And they can't judge his intent, his arms flinched and the offense flinched afterwards. By the book call, I think if he moved his feet trying to time the snap he doesnt get called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back