PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons on Stephen A. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the same Tom Brady who restructured his contract multiple times to take less money? Selfish? As Chris Berman, now shamelessly not renewed by BSPN, would say, "Come on Man!" I think Screamin' A. Smith needs to worry about his receeding hair line before he calls out anyone.

SAS = race hustling idiot

For all the things you can criticize Stephen A Smith for, being a race-baiter is not one of them. He goes out of his way to not make issues about race and really the only reason your saying that is because of your own racist attitude to stereotype all loud black public figures as race baiters.

Evidence of SAS avoiding race-baiting.

For all the things you can criticize Stephen A Smith for, being a race-baiter is not one of them. He goes out of his way to not make issues about race and really the only reason your saying that is because of your own racist attitude to stereotype all loud black public figures as race baiters.

hahahahaha!!!! thanks for the laugh.

SAS is the definition of a race hustling fool. he should work for MSNBC with his pal sharpton!

SAS not a racist???? your joking right??? Everytime I turn on TV or radio and he's on that's all he's doing! Seriously can't stand the guy.

speaking of the racist ass, did he ever reply to Simmons comments?

It is only a matter of time before ESPN brings back Rob Parker.

SAS is a racist, sometimes he will try to hide it but if you have heard him enough you will know what he truly is. That's why I stopped watching him.

Heard Stephen A. try to defend himself on OMF. Did I hear right that you should give in to authority? So BLM is wrong according to Stephen A. Smith? :) Submit everybody! :)

So what? Everyone knows Simmons is a die hard Boston sports fan. It's just nice to have people speaking out against the morons, whether they are dismissed as honks or not.
Why only Boston sports fans take exception? Perhaps this is generational, but I don't understand how fans around the country don't say, "Hey - this is wrong, and I sure don't want it to happen to MY team..."

Disagree. Smith isn't some random blogger or something, he's well-known and has a forum. It was a good shot by Simmons.
Of course he's well-known. He's well-known because he deliberately says stupid things for the sole express purpose of getting a rise out of people. And instead of ignoring it, people continue to get upset about it. There's a difference between saying something stupid because you're ignorant versus saying something stupid because you want to upset people. Smith is the latter.

Smith says controversial things on purpose. He doesn't believe half of what he says, he says it to get a rise out of people. It's a shtick. It's an act. Every time we talk about him and keep his name relevant, it only ensures that ESPN is going to keep gimmicks like this going.

Simmons is right, but he should know better. He's attacking a caricature. Would you get upset by something Joey said on an episode of Friends? That's the same thing as getting upset about what hacks like Stephen A Smith say.

Uh oh, Bill. Better be careful...

SAS is an ass....he actually believes he has some power in the world of professional sports.

He's just another mouth. And his breath stinks every time he attempts to bring race into a topic...something he does often

He's a race baiter...end of story.

I'm sure SAS has been discriminated against in his life. I'm sure he has been the victim of racial bigotry. I'm sorry that he has experienced that but the main issue I have is that SAS and ESPN are using those experiences to drive ratings while not offering any solutions or level-headed commentary. It totally cheapens the horribleness of racism and is sheer manipulation IMO.

The fact that this man has a platform to speak about race on behalf of the black community is a complete embarrassment. Hes doing it for all the wrong reasons. Hes pathetic.

If ESPN and SAS gave two poops about race they should get someone like Roland Martin on who at least can have an intelligent discussion about and not sit there and shout at the rain.

Is there anybody out there in the media who's not sick and demented? ...Steve Harvey, by all accounts, is a very nice person...he's had some loonies on his talk show but he does not usually treat them harshly, even if they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back