Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Richardson..Any chance in hell?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriots4Ever, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am here in New Mexico and was curious to see what everyone thought of his chances of the presidency.He has done some good things for the state as governor,In all reality though,The guy is a two faced fool.As are most of them.But really,I would hate to see him become President.As governor,He neglects to take responsibility of most of this states pressing issues.Ehh..We'll see.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

He sounds like a regular politican then. :D He Mitt Romney's cousin?

Personally, I think he has a chance for a couple of reasons,. #1 he's a governor, and govs have a far better history than senators in presidential elections. In this election, the other 3 names on the left are senators, Obama, Clinton, and Edwards. #2, he's hispanic I believe, and hispanics are the fastest growing voting block in the nation. I'm not up to speed on his positions, but I have seen him on TV a bunch of times, and I think he's well spoken and pretty sensible to date.

BTW, he was a congressman to boot, and that helps his resume.
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well so far Richardson and Obama are my favorites. Richardson can get it done domestically, hence the reason he was re-elected governor of a tough state demographics wise, and he also has what it takes to deal with international relations due to his experience in the UN.

I probably won't vote if Hillary is the Dems choice. I just can't deal with the feminism and also her extreme political personality.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I think he's too ordinary as a politician. With Hillary and Obama on the scene, he's going to be completely outshined. Even Edwards and Gore outshine him.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

What does outshine mean? Does that mean someone looks good in a suit, or talks real nice? Um, I'd point to the guy in office and rest my case. :p
  6. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the other night C-SPAN had a "Conversation" that Hillary Clinton had with her supporters, fielding questions etc. etc.
    It is obvious that Bill has spent a lot of time teaching her some public speaking technques because she was much better at it than i ever dreamed she'd be.
    With the countries feeling about the war there is no way the Democrats arent going to win in 2008. And after what ive seen from the others and with the Clinton machine behind her, Im thinking more and more she is our next President.
    Of course there is 45% out there who would NEVER vote for her. It doesnt matter matter, she only needs one more vote than the guy representing the party that wants to escalate the Iraq War.
    A Democrat needs to win the states Gore and Kerry won and add 2 more.
    Hillary Clinton, with Bill right with her, and with someone like Bill Richardson as her running mate, can win Ohio, Iowa and Missouri.
    And like Bill, she is brilliantly moving to the center on issues, knowing she can win the Primaries without being the biggest liberal of the bunch.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Richardson is a pretty seasoned politician, he has been around for quite a while and has some good experience. My concern for him or any of these guys is are the hard questions?? Did you play with Mr. Ralphie in 7th grade? Did you ever get a BJ in High School?? These are the tough questions, along with did you ever get high? Any out of the ordinary answers to these compelling questions will certainly spell doom for him.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

She has a chance, but I don't think she'll win, far too many people would not vote for her, like me. When 45% won't vote for you, then you have to win virtually all of the remaining voters, and that is a very tough task. Her "moving" to the center is always funny to me, it's like Romney now being some stall worth religious conservative. Why people buy what these clowns sell is beyond me. A zebra doesn't change it's stripes. I think she gets mutilated with negative ads in a heads up fight. More than anything, I think, as of 2 years out anyway, this election might be a battle of match ups. Candidate X can beat candidate Y, but Candidate X will loose to Candidate Z. Again though, we're two years away.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -2

Richardson's resume, Congress & Governorship, are very solid. I'm not as up to speed on his postions, but he seems like a real solid candidate who I think will be heard from.