PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian vs. Scott Pioli - Which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this right. The day after your teams biggest victory, youudecide to register and post on another teams board.

And you say you are not a troll? :eek:

And just how do you define a troll? Here is a wikipedia definition:

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Now, if a fan from another team comes onto this board to respond to a question regarding Bill Polian/the Colts and free agency, I don't consider that off topic. The question posed was ' Who did a better job, Polian or Peoli?' You can read my opinions

Let me see...you are accusing me of being a troll while you have an animation pissing on a picture of Bill Polian? And you are a moderator? Perhaps you better double check that definition of trollish behavior. Of course, if this is a private board for Pat fans only - unlike the Colt boards that invite other fans into discussions - then perhaps I missed that warning. :eek:

Of course, if this is a private board for Pat fans only - unlike the Colt boards that invite other fans into discussions - then perhaps I missed that warning. :eek:
We appreciate Colts fans who know what they are talking about. Obviously, you do not qualify as one.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Now, if a fan from another team comes onto this board to respond to a question regarding Bill Polian/the Colts and free agency, I don't consider that off topic. The question posed was ' Who did a better job, Polian or Peoli?' You can read my opinions

Let me see...you are accusing me of being a troll while you have an animation pissing on a picture of Bill Polian? And you are a moderator? Perhaps you better double check that definition of trollish behavior. Of course, if this is a private board for Pat fans only - unlike the Colt boards that invite other fans into discussions - then perhaps I missed that warning. :eek:

My God your team just won the SB. Not only just won a SB but won one after years of frustration and ridicule. Shouldn't you be a bit less worried about what's being said on the Pats board and a lot more interested in enjoying your long-awaited win? :bricks:

Personally, I don't mind you being here. I think your views are really homerish especially since you act like the Colts are worlds better than the Pats eventhough the both teams had the same regular season record, had the same record against common opponents, and both met in the AFC Championship in which the Colts never led until a little more than 1 minute left in the game.

I don't think you are a troll, but I do think you are a major homer. Eventhough the Colts won the Super Bowl, I don't think they were the most talented team in the league and have a lot of potential issues even if they keep the entire team in tact next season.

My God your team just won the SB. Not only just won a SB but won one after years of frustration and ridicule. Shouldn't you be a bit less worried about what's being said on the Pats board and a lot more interested in enjoying your long-awaited win? :bricks:

Actually, the real SB was the AFCC game. We were just relieved that they closed the deal in the SB. We are relieved, content, but the real excitement was two weeks ago. Most fans have moved on to FA already. And FYI...the Colts were only ridiculed by Pat fans, not other knowledgable teams or fans who could see beyond their own emotion. Few fans work themselves into a lather like the Pat fans do. Few other fans expect to win the SB each season like the Pat fans do. The Colt fans are happy that our turn finally came around. Even commentators last evening admitted that they never had any doubt that the Colts would eventually win their first ring - it was just a question of when withthe talent on our roster. Do Colt fans ridicule the PAtriots for NOT winning a SB for the past two years? Not this fan, but I guess some Pat fans and Colt fans get into trollish exchanges for fun and frolic. Besides, what's being said on Colt boards right now is reptitive congrats and relief. What's fun about discussing that over and over? The real fans who don't actually live in Indy are ready to move on...this is the beginning of the long long road to next season that every teams fans have to endure.

Last edited:
At this point it's nice to look at the Colts cap problems and laugh, but the fact of the matter is they will find a way around it.

I'm sure there will be a whole lot of back loading of contracts and re-structuring -- they'll probably do this for as long as Manning plays in an attempt to continuously field a competitive team. Once Manning retires they'll deal with the 3-4 years of Cap Hell they will inevitabely be in -- the 49ers did it with Steve Young and they are just now digging themselves out of it.

So the Colts will find a way -- To be honest I can't knock the strategy, because Manning is truly a once in a Generation QB - if you can win 1,2,3,4 Super Bowls with him and then sacrifice the next half decade, you do it.

The Patriots on the other hand already have three rings, and are in prime position for more. They've both won rings, so it's hard to knock either method... We'll see what next year brings I guess.

I'm sure there will be a whole lot of back loading of contracts and re-structuring -- they'll probably do this for as long as Manning plays in an attempt to continuously field a competitive team.
I'm not so sure about that. The Indianapolis Colts may find out what it's like to deal with the Deion Branch's of the world, especially after winning the Super Bowl.

Actually, the real SB was the AFCC game. We were just relieved that they closed the deal in the SB. We are relieved, content, but the real excitement was two weeks ago. Most fans have moved on to FA already. And FYI...the Colts were only ridiculed by Pat fans, not other knowledgable teams or fans who could see beyond their own emotion. Few fans work themselves into a lather like the Pat fans do. Few other fans expect to win the SB each season like the Pat fans do. The Colt fans are happy that our turn finally came around. Even commentators last evening admitted that they never had any doubt that the Colts would eventually win their first ring - it was just a question of when withthe talent on our roster. Do Colt fans ridicule the PAtriots for NOT winning a SB for the past two years? Not this fan, but I guess some Pat fans and Colt fans get into trollish exchanges for fun and frolic. Besides, what's being said on Colt boards right now is reptitive congrats and relief. What's fun about discussing that over and over? The real fans who don't actually live in Indy are ready to move on...this is the beginning of the long long road to next season that every teams fans have to endure.

It was actually a rhetorical question,but you do what you need to do.:bricks:

I'm not so sure about that. The Indianapolis Colts may find out what it's like to deal with the Deion Branch's of the world, especially after winning the Super Bowl.

I agree -- I'm sure Rhodes not being given the MVP he really deserved so your franchise poster boy (and quite the ugly poster boy mind you) can bask in his Brady-esque glory did little to motivate Rhodes to stay with the team as Addai's change of pace monkey.

Teams will poach Indy now since they won the big game -- but they'll find a way to get players in.

My point is the Cap won't be as big a problem as we think, they'll find a way to put the cap problems off as long as they can.

Personally, I don't mind you being here. I think your views are really homerish especially since you act like the Colts are worlds better than the Pats eventhough the both teams had the same regular season record, had the same record against common opponents, and both met in the AFC Championship in which the Colts never led until a little more than 1 minute left in the game.

I don't think you are a troll, but I do think you are a major homer. Eventhough the Colts won the Super Bowl, I don't think they were the most talented team in the league and have a lot of potential issues even if they keep the entire team in tact next season.

Am I a homer? If I was, I don't think I would be here. Many Pat fans are pretty knowledgable about football, so I come here to read the boards and occassionaly comment about issues related to both teams. Sometimes on sites like this, I pick up some interesting links. I am here because I am curious if Pat fans think that their FO will truly go after one of those high priced premium FA like Clements, Thomas, Briggs, or even a WR like Bennet.
There seems to be some discontent in your ranks about how the Branch matter was handled, and how that might have cost you a realistic shot at the SB. It seemed you had the cap $ to reel him in. How much cap $ are Pat fans willing to spend to keep Samuel and Graham?

Last edited:
Am I a homer? If I was, I don't think I would be here. Many Pat fans are pretty knowledgable about football, so I come here to read the boards and occassionaly comment about issues related to both teams. Sometimes on sites like this, I pick up some interesting links. I am here because I am curious if Pat fans think that their FO will truly go after one of those high priced premium FA like Clements, Thomas, Briggs, or even a WR like Bennet.
There seems to be some discontent in your ranks about how the Branch matter was handled, and how that might have cost you a realistic shot at the SB. It seemed you had the cap $ to reel him in. How much cap $ are Pat fans willing to spend to keep Samuel and Graham?

If you were a real fan you'd be celebrating with your other real fans -- on a COLTS board.

Instead, you're over here hoping to start an 'e-fight' with Pats fans... The ridicule you're getting is exactly what you wanted - because you have all the backup you need since your boys just won the title...

Go home young man... You're clearly lost.

I agree -- I'm sure Rhodes not being given the MVP he really deserved so your franchise poster boy (and quite the ugly poster boy mind you) can bask in his Brady-esque glory did little to motivate Rhodes to stay with the team as Addai's change of pace monkey.

Teams will poach Indy now since they won the big game -- but they'll find a way to get players in.

My point is the Cap won't be as big a problem as we think, they'll find a way to put the cap problems off as long as they can.

Does anyone think that Rhodes would start anywhere? He seems a career backup. When I think fantasy, if he changes teams, who is going to pick him as anything but a 3rd or 4th bye week back?

Oh really? So who on the Indianapolis Colts roster is willing to take a pay cut or back-load their contracts so Polian can franchise Dwight Freeney?

Oh really? So who on the Indianapolis Colts roster is willing to take a pay cut or back-load their contracts so Polian can franchise Dwight Freeney?

That is the big question -- they wouldn't do it for Edge... If they can't find anyone, then yes they are screwed, I won't debate that.

If you were a real fan you'd be celebrating with your other real fans -- on a COLTS board.

Instead, you're over here hoping to start an 'e-fight' with Pats fans... The ridicule you're getting is exactly what you wanted - because you have all the backup you need since your boys just won the title...

Go home young man... You're clearly lost.

On a Colt board, we don't treat visitors with this kind of disrespect. I guess it really bothers you to see anyone but the Pats win. Poor baby.

On a Colt board, we don't treat visitors with this kind of disrespect. I guess it really bothers you to see anyone but the Pats win. Poor baby.

Only if it's a team that the NFL has been trying to push into the Super Bowl since 2002... I cheered for the Steelers last season because they won in spite of this... Quite frankly it's sad the Colts don't have 3 rings by now with the rules changes that have been made to protect Polian's crew.

Your team won - go enjoy it...

Last edited:
That is the big question -- they wouldn't do it for Edge... If they can't find anyone, then yes they are screwed, I won't debate that.
Exactly! Which is why the Colts are screwed, especially with Corey Simon's contract.

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
First off let me say this - If there is NO WAY you can put your hatred and disgust away about Bill Polian for a minute then please do not answer this question...I want pure UNBIASED opinions based on as if you had NO favorite team...O.K. So here goes...

That's probably not the best way to start when you're asking someone a question.

Enough with trying to regulate the postings in "your" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back