PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian essentially tells Colts fans to screw off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official Polian Show thread

I am reading the thread from the folks listening and this is so funny. He is totally out of control. I am actually shocked how little press the Colts are getting. I swear that the press covered BB 4th and 2 far more than this move. I can only take it that they felt the Colts weren’t tough enough to take the pressure. Giving up like this has got to take the soul of the players. Losing while you try is honorable but seeing you management surrender because they don’t think you can hack it is soul crushing.

My favorite so far is that he isn’t interested in 16-0 because its been done but he is interested in the most wins of the decade. Hey senile jerk, the Patriots have the most wins of the decade, you have the most regular season wins and 1 and dones.

Also funny he blamed the loss on the 1st team because they were flat because they are tired. They just had 10 days off before this game and have a bye in two weeks.

Wow, fantasy land.

he just said if Peyton was in for the rest of the game it probably wouldn't have made a big difference!?!?!?!

HaHaHa

Unbelievable.....

i strongly believe now that they played the jax game just to get the 23rd win to eclipse the pats record of consective wins .19-0 ..they were not confident of and didnt want to handle the pressure and chickened out.

clearly this team has not learned from 2005, when it went to sleep after 13-0 and never recovered.

clearly this team has not learned from 2005, when it went to sleep after 13-0 and never recovered.

Like I mentioned in a couple of other threads - I know the Eagles have done nothing more than merely clinch a playoff spot(a win in Dallas and they have the NFC's #2 seed, otherwise a loss means they're just a WC team), but they DID lose their starting center, Jamaal Jackson, for the year. While the Eagles have done an excellent job shuffling their OL with all their injuries/benchings all year, this loss could be potentially huge, b/c Jackson makes all the line calls in terms of blitzes et al(and he's an outstanding run blocker to boot).

Pt I'm trying to make is that what if Manning hits his thumb on someone's helmet? What if a 300 pd lineman falls on Jeff Saturday's leg? What if a safety from the blind side rams into Reggie Wayne's ribs with his helmet? What if Dwight Freeney hits his head on someone's knee ala what happened to Brian Westbrook and ended up missing several games?

Caldwell didn't make a bad decision at all, IMHO.

BTW - they lost that Pittsburgh game b/c Cowher/Wisenhunt shocked everyone by coming out throwing, when, of course, Cowher is notorious for stubbornly playing the conservative run game.

BTW - they lost that Pittsburgh game b/c Cowher/Wisenhunt shocked everyone by coming out throwing, when, of course, Cowher is notorious for stubbornly playing the conservative run game.

please... they lost because after a month of their 12-15 blue-and red-chip caliber players not hitting anyone, they weren't remotely the same team that went 13-0. ... that and Roethlisberger's tackle, of course.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned in a couple of other threads - I know the Eagles have done nothing more than merely clinch a playoff spot(a win in Dallas and they have the NFC's #2 seed, otherwise a loss means they're just a WC team), but they DID lose their starting center, Jamaal Jackson, for the year. While the Eagles have done an excellent job shuffling their OL with all their injuries/benchings all year, this loss could be potentially huge, b/c Jackson makes all the line calls in terms of blitzes et al(and he's an outstanding run blocker to boot).

Pt I'm trying to make is that what if Manning hits his thumb on someone's helmet? What if a 300 pd lineman falls on Jeff Saturday's leg? What if a safety from the blind side rams into Reggie Wayne's ribs with his helmet? What if Dwight Freeney hits his head on someone's knee ala what happened to Brian Westbrook and ended up missing several games?

Caldwell didn't make a bad decision at all, IMHO.

What if Marlin Jackson tears his ACL in practice? TWICE. Oh wait, it happened.

What if Anthony Gonzalez is done for the season after falling down on his own running a route in a game without even being touched? Oh wait, it happened.

The injuries 'excuse' is weak. Caldwell made a bad decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye