Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Maher's excellent description of the Tea Party members

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Bill Maher Blasts Tea Baggers For Ignoring Defense Spending (VIDEO)

"The problem with the tea party movement, besides their almost universal rejection of dentistry, is that they want money for nothing and chicks for free. They want a deregulated free market and their jobs to stay here in the US; they want guaranteed health coverage regardless of preexisting conditions without a big government mandate; they want to call themselves teabaggers and people to keep a straight face. And of course they want big tax cuts along with deficit reduction. I can't even think of a suitable analogy for that disconnect--it's like thinking getting a handjob will clean your garage."
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Maher being a moron as usual. Nothing new here.
  3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Tea Party movement has been hijacked by neocons - Sarah Palin is just a stooge in playing her role in this for the elite.

If anything, the Illuminati elite want to provoke a Revolution in this country - Glenn Beck is doing his part in this.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The tea party doesn't want to cut spending. They want to cut the spending that they don't like while increasing the spending they do like. They're not deficit hawks, they're just dishonest. Its the same with this state's rights business. They're harping about state's rights today because people they don't like are in charge of the federal government. Its guaranteed that as time passes and the Republican party assumes more control of the federal government this state's rights business will go away only to return when even more time passes and Republicans loose seats in Congress. Its strictly a method of achieving goals that they couldn't achieve on election day.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How so? Not defending Maher, but what would your arguement be specifically?
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

2 things 1) using the slur teabagger, 2) misrepresenting what they believe and are for/against.

His rant was just regurgitated lib talking points about what these people believe. he is an angry little man who couldn't make it on network or cable and has a niche show on HBO now.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Proof for your bile?
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This may be true in some cases, but I think a lot of them are concerned with the overall level of federal spending. They were even some (yes, albeit a great minority) that were concerned with the level of spending during the Bush years. And I definitely heard people complaining about the increase of federal government under W. There's many many more now, yes, but I think a lot of that was born out of the crash in 2008 and the ensuing bailouts that W pushed for. People were not happy about that either. I don't think you're completely wrong, however, there is definitely a segment of this movement that just see this (sadly) as another D vs. R argument.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

That Maher is a moron. Which he truly is. I'll never forget the look on his face, when Stephen A Smith said to Maher, that Jesse Jackson needs to go away. That was enjoyable. Maher, the self proclaimed Libertarian, is just a wingbag for all things liberal. That's his right mind you, but I find his trying to claim to be a Libertarian, pretty comical. If Maher truly were a Libertarian, he would probably agree with a decent amount of what the Tea Party stands for.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The fact that she's your queen is proof enough for me. A real movement would congregate behind a real leader. Someone with some gravitas, or at the very least, a shred of policy knowledge.

Attached Files:

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

D and R is all you can expect to get. Its the height of fantasy to think this Tea party will be around in 5 years.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bill Maher is one of the most hateful, mean-spirited, bigoted and sexist person on the air. In short, he is everything he accuses Conservatives of being.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I said "specific". What are they for or against that Maher contradicts?

...and I had no idea Maher invented this "slur". You might want to address Real World about his avatar "slur". Your rage is false. Go figure.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You just hate that he's a Pope-hatin athiest!;)
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Oh great another content free post, if I weren't a mod you would be on the ignore list too bad.

BTW she know a good deal more about energy policy than obama, and the clowns in congress crafting the idiotic cap and tax proposal.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm not sure that tea-partiers would vote for Palin in droves or not but she sure is the energizer bunny for many of them.

Patters, do you really think Maher's little "rejection of dentistry" remark was "excellent?" That kind of belittling is hateful and just reinforces the elitist image he portrays.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree... that was stupid to say. -10 for Maher.
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

any evidence to support this claim?
  19. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not a fan of Romney, but if the elections were FAIR, HE would have gotten the GOP nomination, and beaten Obama. Instead, the elite wanted John McCain, and then broke the straw off the camel back by nominating a "whipping girl" in Sarah Palin, all so that Obama would seal up the election.

This is no different from the 2004 election - Howard Dean being a staunch anti-war activist would have easily beaten Bush, but instead, the elite made sure Bush's Skull & Bones buddy at Yale John Kerry would seal up the Dem nomination, so that Bush could get re-elected and continue the globalists plans.
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think her performance during the VP debate in '08 was proof enough of her utter lack of interest in understanding policy. Its on Youtube in its entirety if you'd care to see for yourself. All politicians dodge some questions, Biden was certainly no saint in that regard; but she dodged every single opportunity to demonstrate some or even any policy knowledge. Ask yourself why Scott Brown refused to get on a stage with her just a couple of weeks ago. He's teetering on the edge of irrelevancy and knows that being too close to Caribou Barbie will finish him off for sure. If you want this tea party of yours to be taken seriously, put a professional face on it.