Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Maher Takes Heat Over Tim Tebow Tweet

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Dec 27, 2011.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Bill Maher Takes Heat Over Tim Tebow Tweet | ThePostGame

Maher should remember what happened in 2002 to his Politically Incorrect
    show.

I do not see him losing his HBO show over this, but he has lost shows
    in the past for his comments.

People like Maher and the Dixie Chiicks, have a right to say what's on
    their mind. Then again, common folks have a right to rise up and protest
    them for their comments.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

as far as i know, maher's an atheist

i'm religious, but i'm not offended obviously, because bill's a comedian and also because he's his own person.

i'm sure bill was reacting in this manner, because of all of the hype tebow is getting and how even major news services were trying to say God gave a crap about a sports outcome lol

tebow fans can't take the heat
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I am shocked! A comedian poking fun at an athlete who is very religious. BTW, how F**cked up is it, that a comedian is the only one who loses a job over 9/11?
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

Who cares what Maher thinks. He's a tool, and a hypocrite, who claims to be a libertarian. Whatever. He's free to express his opinions if he wants to.
  5. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Clearly enough people to make it HBO's signature talk show for 8 years.

OK, fair enough. Why?

About what?

Link or reference please

^ This ^ ... And his audience tunes in for exactly that.

As for the original poster, I doubt Maher "forgets" his dismissal from the ABC version of his show. He mentions it almost every week.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

He's gotten mileage out of that, for sure. Never should have been on ABC, and HBO would not have blinked had he stated those same comments at that point in time.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Why is this political??

A left coast wife swapper, exercises his 1st amendment right andmakes a comment about a football player to his twitter followers and it becomes some kind of statement about something profound.

Tim Tebow has gotten way too much attention for what he is, let him develop and see where he stands in about 3 years.. he has become some type of sacred cow. The American Taliban wants revenge..
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

His show will lose some viewers and perhaps will gain some new ones and more of them for a new net gain of viewers.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Does the funny looking ass hole have the balls to do his humorless sh!t about Homosexuality or the Muslims...........:confused:
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Actually, a bigger *outrage would be Tebow being put in the same sentence as players making the All Pro team, as was the byline on the MSN homepage yesterday.

*(yea, I'm outraged dammit).
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

They tried, but obviously failed.. perhaps they should start a new award, "most outwards displays of religious fanaticism". He has become, for some reason, become very polariizing, the right needs this type of hero.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Maher is an anti christian bigot but that is the only sort of bigotry that the pc crowd is ok with.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Again I ask "does this Maher guy ever make jokes about homosexuals or muslims"
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He's been a comedian for more than 20 years, which about guarantees he's poked fun at everything. As to Muslims specifically, he's repeatedly expressed his opinion that our way of life is better. I couldn't even begin to estimate the amount of time he's spent with a hooker's breast in one hand and a rolled up dollar bill in the other. Las Vegas isn't his second home, its his first.
  15. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Yes, he does. As a matter of fact, he had Chaz Bono on as a guest and baited him a number of times.
    I watch Dennis Miller on occasion and sometimes find his routine funny. He comments on his political views which I disagree. I am not appalled by his comments, nor do I post them on Patsfans. He's an entertainer. Contrast to Sarah Palin who I regard as an idiot. Makes inaccurate statements and is a hypocrite. Although she is entertaining, she is not an entertainer, thus, the reason why people post her comments or actions.
    Let's review: Bill Maher= entertainer. Sarah Palin= politician.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that, I can't stand The Double Standard sh!t that goes on in this country today.

I have tried to watch this guy Maher several times I can't understand why he is supposed to come across as a comedian, he didn't even make me smile, I had to turn him off, maybe it's me.

Another strange thing about him, he dated Ann Coulter for quite awhile..:confused:
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I thought comedians were funny?

cause maher is pretty lame.
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

and I thought moderators were supposed to be competent. To each his own I suppose.
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bill Maher is great, love his show, he's off the wall sometimes and I don't like some of his opinions but the guy is great for a laugh and makes a ton of sense on some topics.

Haters are gonna hate, the right cries about everything and how life is not fair its there motto, don't try and be better then the other person just ***** about life not being fair....If people don't like what he says, don't listen to him....If you feel that its not fair that he gets away with stuff that someone else couldn't don't ***** and moan about it be the bigger person....

Most bible thumpers don't even read the bible, they don't use its teachings because if they did, they would just turn the other cheek! /checkmate!

BTW the guys a comedian!!! Its his job to be funny and racy! Also I'm sick of all the Tebow and god crap, praying after every TD and stuff, its a joke and it makes him look like and ass.....I have a better idea Tebow, how about you go help in city kids or help paint an old persons home or help the disabled.....that is and will always be more important then getting down on one knee....Your actions and work will always be more important to god then showing us all how much you love and believe in him.....
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

Tebow actively does more charity than you and I put together. You need to read up on Mr Tebow. Regardless of how you feel about his religious behavior, he walks his talk.

The Tim Tebow Foundation was started by Florida Gator Tim Tebow.

"Tim Tebow is portrayed as mature beyond his years. And in many ways he is. But even the great Tebow can still fall prey to the temptations on a 22-year-old with money.

According to reports, Tebow has already blown through his $2.5 million signing bonus on various worldwide charity organizations focusing on famine, education and home-building."

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/1107/tim-tebow-blows-signing-bonus-on-charity-donations
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011