Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill has been working his AZZ off since leaving office!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Holy cat-nip, Batman, I never knew just HOW lucrative it is to be an "ex-president"!!!! :eek:

[size=+3]Bill Clinton Earned $15.4 Million From Burkle Firm (Update2)[/size]

By Ryan J. Donmoyer

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- Former President Bill Clinton has earned $15.4 million from billionaire Ron Burkle's Yucaipa Cos. investment firm since 2003, according to tax documents released by his wife, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

The earnings represent 20 percent of the approximately $75 million Bill Clinton earned during the same period, according to the documents. That may raise new questions about what services he performed for Los Angeles-based Yucaipa, whose investors include the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al- Maktoum.

Tax lawyers said the Yucaipa partnership income for Bill Clinton looks to be a form of salary because it was in round numbers for most years.

``Most people who make that much money work for it,'' said Yale University tax law professor Michael Graetz, a former Treasury Department official in President George H.W. Bush's administration. ``What are they being paid for, and if it's the Sheikh of Dubai paying the husband of somebody who might be the next president of the United States, what do they think they're paying for?''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aQKAq1WjTDjI

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 10 / -26

What he has earned is comparable to other presidents as they leave office, there is no ethics violations here. he is the ex president.. didn't this adm. woo the Dubai to take over some of our ports?? Personally I hate this multinationalism stuff and global economy stuff.. but it is what it is..
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Link please. I don't believe it.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +931 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

In more ways than one ... you forgot all that foreign booty he's been working his azz off on also ... seriously ... that has cost Hillary alot of votes ... you know ... selling her soul to the devil. If she had dumped him when she had the chance she would be winning the election by now.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But she didn't and that's a part of who she is. People see that and it turns a lot of them off.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Remember the "Buddhist Temple" donations during Bill's last term in office?? Had AlGore go as his bag man. Bubba's been collecting foreign money -- from China and Arab nations, in particular -- since he was in the White House. Bill put a big "For Sale" sign on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., which is as low as it gets. Next to boffing 19-year old interns, that is.

//
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -7

I think it's pretty obscene the way the Clintons have cashed in on the presidency. I remember feeling the same way when Ronnie Reagan left office and immediately set out to exploit the presidency in the same way. At least Bill still does a lot of public service, far more than any ex-President except Carter, of course.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I always thought that was the best thing he did as president (fro himself)...19 year-old interns? Where do I sign up for the next election?
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

A "lot of public service" for Bill Clinton???? :wha:

Link, please. (This ought to be rich. :rolleyes:)

//
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Old Dirty Bastard" has got nothing on you.

//
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -7

There are many links, but this provides a decent overview:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Clinton_Foundation

He has been particularly active in the area of AIDS in Africa.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

His best work on AIDS would be to provide a living example of how to avoid contracting it and spreading it. Anything else is just PR smoke and mirrors. Utter hypocrisy and totally meaningless.

//
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -7

Clinton's personal life certainly wasn't exemplary. Nor was Bush II's for that matter. But, since leaving office, Clinton has done a lot of good work on the issue of AIDS and most people give him credit for doing so.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/30/health/main614849.shtml
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-09/09/content_476390.htm
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/01/12/clinton.aids/index.html
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/21/africa/AF-GEN-Zambia-Clinton.php
    http://news.monstersandcritics.com/...l_Clinton_signs_AIDS_medicine_deal_in_Vietnam
    http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Aids_Focus/0,,2-7-659_2151442,00.html
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Back the bullshit mobile up just one minute. First of all, how is this about GWB, at all? You and your ilk are the first to charge into a thread yelling "no one was talking about Clinton" or something similar, but you're also the first to drag GWB (or indeed any other Republican) into your threads.

Secondly, what's not exemplary about a guy who quits drinking and accepts Jesus (not that I'm a Christian, but there are those who think that's a big deal)?

And there's a world of difference between being drunk and hopping on every damn female intern you can find--not to mention all the other crap Clinton did.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Comparing Bush II with Clinton is like trying to make Mother Teresa into Axis Sally or Tokyo Rose, when it comes to morality. Clinton totally disrespected and sullied the White House with his multiple infidelities, and it started long before, all throughout his marriage. His wife, Hillary, has hung onto to him because he is glib and is convincing in a used-car salesman kind of way.

All the medicine in the world won't stop AIDS if people don't stop being promiscuous. That's it.

//
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

17. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

who did this????

slutty females = slick willy

slutty males = baby bush
  18. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He and his wife actually made alot more than that...

"I was knocking down some Wheaties on Friday morning when I saw the story on the Clinton tax returns. I knew that old Billy Jay had made some money since he left office, but the numbers through me for a loop. $109 million in the last few years.

Politics has been berry, berry good to Billy Jay and Hillary. Berry, berry good indeed.

Now if you have any good memory cells...you'll recall the uproar from the Clintonites when old Ronnie Raygun got paid a couple of million from the Japanese for a feel good speech after he left office. It was one of the last times Raygun appeared in public, and their there were plenty of cries and hullabaloo.

But in the last few years Billy Jay has made $50 million in speaking fees. As they say around the watercooler, "That's good work if you can get it."

He has made another $20 to 30 million off book deals, and Hillary has made around $20 million herself. Why...that would almost make her a slacker next to him.

About a month back there was a lot of talk about Hillary loaning her campaign $5 million dollars. The way the story was told then, you almost felt sorry for her. But it sure is hard to feel that way today. Somehow, I just can't feel their pain.

And compared to one Albert J Gore, the Clintons are nouveau riche, mere pikers. Gore's sweet stock deal with Google has him in the $500 million range.
    That's not bad for a couple of hillbillies from Arkansas and Tennessee.

No wonder ole Billy Jay would like another shot at the prize.

I have to wonder what those blue collar Democrats will be thinking in a couple of weeks in Pennsylvania. Nothing says blue collar like $109 million.

You know...I should have made a big push to become Billy Jayz agent when I had the chance. 15% of 109 million...that works out to be...a...pretty nice chunk of change. Then if I could have landed Albert J, well...I wouldn't have to come to the office on Monday, would I?"

From the big saddle,

J** W*****

- this was an email from one of my business associates. I thought it was interesting.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Thanks for your "correction", but I think most people have read the entire article I posted and its link contents: the Clintons are reporting $109 Million in income since 2001. Just shows how much they can relate with the "poor" and the "underprivileged" in America, the "working class heroes" they like to talk about. Funny, my son was looking up the word "hypocrisy" in the dictionary a few days, and there was a photo of the Clintons beside it.

:rolleyes:

//
  20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What is really funny is Al Gore making over $500 million.

Sickening...