Bill..."Did anyone ever kiss your ring??"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This has been on EEI for the past couple of days, apparently the new scribe Rappaport from the Globe in a conference call to BB asked him:

Bill has any ever kissed your ring??
BB said no
Where are your rings??
BB said in a box somewhere

Have not seen all that much from Rappaport, but if this guy wants to get cred with BB.. he is starting in a very bad way...

And we wonder why BB gets so intolerant of the press..

Re: Bill.. "Did anyone ever kiss your ring??"

yeah that was bad....brady also jokes about how he might garantee a win next week but not this week and someone actually tried to ask him if that means he was saying they would beat atlanta. kenny maine once asked BB what the deal was with the hoodies...pathetic

I don't know, Belichick might appreciate the humor/sarcasm in that question.

I don't know, Belichick might appreciate the humor/sarcasm in that question.

I was thinking the same thing. I bet BB loved the implication of that, but of course couldn't respond in a way he wanted. :)

I thought it was absolutely great myself. Pretending to ask a serious question about what everyone knew was a joke. Good stuff.

I felt awkward when I heard that question from the media availability.
I was kind of hoping Bill would shut him down lol.

i actually thought that was a pretty savvy and funny (sarcastic funny) question, giving BB a chance to be funny in return, as he was with the "in a box somewhere" answer...

i have a feeling that BB reacted a lot better to that question than he did to the 10,000th question about whether Brady "looked a little tentative in the pocket on Monday night"...

I thought it was absolutely great myself. Pretending to ask a serious question about what everyone knew was a joke. Good stuff.

agreed...and it was a high hanging curve ball that BB could answer any way he wanted and did with the "in a box somewhere" answer, which said more in four words than the thousands of words that Wrecks has used this week...i suspect this Rappaport guy is off to a pretty good start with Coach...

Last edited:
I heard the interview with Bill when he was on Mike and Leary/ Clarke, and you could tell by listening to Leary/ Clarke that they were trying to get Bill to open up, yet he refused other than a few laughs and a quick comeback or two. He earned Greenies respect after that interview. I believe there's a side of Bill that's dieing to get out, but can't until he hangs it up as the HC of the NEP.

Man, some of you need to get laid or smoke a fatty.

It was obviously sarcasm. I find it funny a bit myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back