PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Cowher: Patriots are team of the decade (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The humility that they won with, that's what set them apart," Cowher said. "I learned a lot from their ability to respect an opponent every week, to not get caught up with it.

Why I became a fan

Last edited:
Cowher should sit down with his buddy Joey Porter and straighten him out so Porter doesn't look so much like an idiot (granted that may be a lost cause) when he spouts off how the Pats stole his championships.

I really respect Cowher. He could be bitter towards the Pats like many coaches and players are who were washed up in their wake during their Super Bowl runs, but he mans up and gives them the respect they deserve without trying diminish their accomplishments with the overblown Spygate stuff.

Cowher tacitly acknowledges that playing against this team and this coach made him a better HC. As it did Dungy, although you will never hear that remotely acknowledged... Each had to alter his approach to the game because of us, and in the end that helped them to finally win one.

Cowher is a wise man...

My respect for him just went up a good deal, although I always did respect him as a coach. Very nice words throughout

Last edited:
Wow. The guy makes some diplomatic statements about our team and all of the sudden he is "respectable." Really? That's all it took?

I think Cowher is an attention hog who sells his brand. The jaw jutting out, the spittle, etc. It's all part of the show. I think the man who replaced him in Pittsburgh is far more respectable. I think it's nice Cowher said positive things about BB or the Patriots, but I don't let that change my opinion of the guy.

Last edited:
Wow. They guys makes some diplomatic statements about our team and all of the sudden he is "respectable." Really? That's all it took?

I think Cowher is an attention hog who sells is brand. The jaw jutting out, the spittle, etc. It's all part of the show. I think the man who replaced him in Pittsburgh is far more respectable. I think it's nice Cowher said positive things about BB or the Patriots, but I don't let that change my opinion of the guy.

I have liked Cowher for a while. The guy is a straight shooter. He defended Belichick during Spygate. He isn't afraid to give an honest assessment of himself or his former players. Why wouldn't you respect the guy? I hated him when he was with the Steelers, but I always respected the guy. If we didn't have Belichick as the Pats' coach, I really can't think of anyone else I would want to replace him - whether he said those comments or not.

No ****. 3 titles + 1 appearance + all the offensive records > 2 titles by ****zburgh> 2 POTENTIAL titles by indy.

Wow. They guys makes some diplomatic statements about our team and all of the sudden he is "respectable." Really? That's all it took?

I think Cowher is an attention hog who sells is brand. The jaw jutting out, the spittle, etc. It's all part of the show. I think the man who replaced him in Pittsburgh is far more respectable. I think it's nice Cowher said positive things about BB or the Patriots, but I don't let that change my opinion of the guy.

Cowher's never done anything that would make me dislike the guy other than coaching one of our main rivals. I don't remember him being a sore loser or being an ungrateful winner. If anything, I always admired the way he coached and how intense he was.

(I could say the same thing for Dungy, who seems like a genuinely nice guy).

I miss him sticking out that chin and spitting all over the refs.

Steeler fans must be burning their Cowher memorabilia en masse.

Is this even debatable? 8 division wins, 4 AFC championships, 3 SBs, and the most total wins in the decade. What is to discuss?

Is this even debatable? 8 division wins, 4 AFC championships, 3 SBs, and the most total wins in the decade. What is to discuss?

Bill Polian begs to differ. :rolleyes:

Of course they are. This was in doubt?? I do appreciate Cowher's comments because I respect him a great deal, much more than a fraud like Tony Dungy. How many people in NFL circles rolled their eyes when Dungy was named as a coach of the decade? What a farce!!

Cowher was at times as insufferable as his team back in the early decade. Thing is he learned a better approach, adopted it and acknowledges it. Dungy had to adjust too, only to this day he would kick baby jesus before he credited competing against Belichick for teaching him a couple of things about teambuilding and coaching championship football. The difference between him and Cowher these days is Cowher is secure enough in his skin to be honest in his evaluations of himself as well as others while Dungy's own ego causes him to remain a defensive, sanctimonious, insecure figurehead for goodness...

If I had to choose between the two as Belichick's replacement it's not even close...

Bill Polian begs to differ. :rolleyes:
Actually the Pats finish the decade with the most wins (as well as most league and conference championships) regardless of the outcome of Sunday's game.

Pats: 126 wins (112 regular-season wins + 14 playoff wins)

Colts: 124 wins (115 regular-season wins + 9 playoff wins)

Steelers: 113 wins (103 regular-season wins + 10 playoff wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back