PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most important thing is that he brings in people to challenge his thinking, propose new ideas not only to play calling but preparation, training, and conditioning, too.

I agree with this. They need to get an OC at the end of his career so we don't need to worry about him leaving once we get straightened out.

I do believe he wants to avoid the totally new system every 2 years like Bledsoe went through.

BB's kind of the OC now IMO and I don't think he's very good at it. He could easily get by without a DC for a year, but neither he nor Brady seem to have the objectivity or creativity to match the plays to the level of readiness of the players they have

Weiss spoon fed the offense to Brady in 2001. Now we're trying to run a completely different formation on every play.

I couldn't have more reespect for BB and Brady.

News flash. They're human. They're better at some things than others.

We lose - when we DO lose - because of self-mutilating failures to execute ...
not because of the HC's psychological shortcomings.

How many times have we heard this talk of "self-mutilating" turn-overs, penalties, lapses, discontent (over "key" departures of personnel), etc, etc, etc ???

In the ass-kicking days of Charlie Weis there would be none of this crap. Had any of this occurred, he would have set things straight in a hurry.

I do not know if this is psychobabble or not, but something not factored in is that BB has had a whole bunch of off field distractions that may or may not effect his ability to focus on this team completely. It is presumptious to feel that this may effect some of his decision making.

On the other hand the one thing I do know is BB is smart enough and football savvy enough to realize what is going on now is not working as well as he would like it to. I suspect this season he will "reinvent" this team, some of our weaknesses are obvious and easily exploited. Some of last years draft picks have not done as well as expected. I expect after this season is over, hopefully in February, he will go into the bunker straighten out his personal stuff and move on. I also suspect that this team will be retooled, there is a need for new blood and talent in the D backfield and LB slots, not that these guys are not great, but need some new fresh blood there. I also think that McDaniels needs to be looked at, not sure if he is the problem or if it is a talent issue, but his approach needs to be closely examined.

BB is football smart enough to know there is a need for some changes in this team, and I suspect he will make the rounds of his inner circle, Ferentz et al to help him figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back