PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's PostGame Press Conference Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the not challenging the catch as a TD was one of the "we have to do a better job coaching" things...

Major FU by BB not to challenge.....his feet were clearly inside the EZ when the catch was made.....his coaches in the box should have yelled to challenge......

Would have saved minutes on the clock......and time was precious especially at that time of the game...

Pats D needs major work...Vollmer looked rusty as Hell...Faulk is a nice addition but Ridley should be getting experience...did he even see the field this afternoon?

Did they even throw a screen BOB? You know the one, that play they call to slow down the blitz....

Somebody w/more knowledge of Xs and Ox may contradict me, but I don't think screens are effective when the defense is playing so close to the line, as Pittsburgh often was today. You wind up w/a lot of defensive players in position to make a stop or break up or even intercept a soft pass.

Yup. Just as I suspected. Thanks for proving my point.

Indeed sir. Forever shall I prove the points of sorry saps like you wrong. Forever stuck in the ways of asinine reasoning lacking valid points, or even rational thoughts. To be honest sir, your place in this forum seems out of place. You belong somewhere where ignorant, asinine individuals mingle. Perhaps maybe New York, San Diego, Philadelphia perhaps?

There's nothing to say until you watch game film several times from different angles. He's doesn't feed the fans "NFL marketing-speak." So sue him.

Ron Ryan's defense has given up 367 yards total offense and 24 points tonight and they haven't gotten to the middle of the third quarter yet. Doubt "he's better than Bill at this point." I guess that 12 year old could have more than one NFL job tonight.

I guess the conservatives in this forums should stop takinng everything so literally. Did I base my statement off of the Dallas game tonight? No. Was I to know that Dallas would give up 27 points to the Eagles? No. But do I find their D better than ours? Yes. Bill needs help, I would gladly take the Dallas D over the Pats current D. Whew! It's hard keeping up with your peoples ignorance.

I guess the conservatives in this forums should stop takinng everything so literally. Did I base my statement off of the Dallas game tonight? No. Was I to know that Dallas would give up 27 points to the Eagles? No. But do I find their D better than ours? Yes. Bill needs help, I would gladly take the Dallas D over the Pats current D. Whew! It's hard keeping up with your peoples ignorance.

i have allways said a coach is only as good as he's players Dallas has one of the best front 7's in the NFL, the browns were ranked 22th in the NFL last year in total defense with Rob Ryan as DC this year they are ranked 6th it's not the coach it's the talent

I can see your gonna go places here at Pats Fans.:rolleyes:

Major FU by BB not to challenge.....his feet were clearly inside the EZ when the catch was made.....his coaches in the box should have yelled to challenge......

Doesn't matter where Gronk's feet were. Only the ball matters and in live action it was far from obvious that the ball broke the plane.

i have allways said a coach is only as good as he's players Dallas has one of the best front 7's in the NFL, the browns were ranked 22th in the NFL last year in total defense with Rob Ryan as DC this year they are ranked 6th it's not the coach it's the talent

I hear what you're saying. But who's to say the Browns D wasn't talented...I mean they play in the NFL, which means their 'professional'. Was their play based on talent alone, or was it their will. To me, if you play pro you're damn good. I dont care if you're third string, you're still pro. in the NFL everyones talented, beit some a bit more than others. What it comes down to when your that good is perseverance, how headstrong you are, and coaching. Would you happen to know the Browns total defense this year? That would help alot.

I hear what you're saying. But who's to say the Browns D wasn't talented...I mean they play in the NFL, which means their 'professional'. Was their play based on talent alone, or was it their will. To me, if you play pro you're damn good. I dont care if you're third string, you're still pro. in the NFL everyones talented, beit some a bit more than others. What it comes down to when your that good is perseverance, how headstrong you are, and coaching. Would you happen to know the Browns total defense this year? That would help alot.

yes the browns were talented last year they beat the pats pretty good and all NFL players are talented yes but you cant put out guys like Antwaun Molden to cover WR's like Antonio Brown who is on pace for 1000 yards rec and Mike Wallace who is on pace for over 1600 yards rec... the browns are ranked 6th over all in total defense this year

yes the browns were talented last year they beat the pats pretty good and all NFL players are talented yes but you cant put out guys like Antwaun Molden to cover WR's like Antonio Brown who is on pace for 1000 yards rec and Mike Wallace who is on pace for over 1600 yards rec... the browns are ranked 6th over all in total defense this year

You seem like a stats man, but how do you gameplan around statistics? Just cause some individual players may be on pace for this and that doesnt mean you look at a player and say, "No, Wallace is on pace for 1600 yds, we cant play "insert player*." Their professional. You expect a pro to do his job. When he doesn't they get cut. Bill however, as great as he once was, is losing his edge. Cutting players that leave fans flabbergasted and making just questionable moves in general pertaining to the club. Their's talent on the Defensive side in New England, the coach isn't doing much to help the talent however.

You seem like a stats man, but how do you gameplan around statistics? Just cause some individual players may be on pace for this and that doesnt mean you look at a player and say, "No, Wallace is on pace for 1600 yds, we cant play "insert player*." Their professional. You expect a pro to do his job. When he doesn't they get cut. Bill however, as great as he once was, is losing his edge. Cutting players that leave fans flabbergasted and making just questionable moves in general pertaining to the club. Their's talent on the Defensive side in New England, the coach isn't doing much to help the talent however.

no it's not all abot stats my point was a coach is only as good as he's players, vince lombardi could not make James Ihedigbo and Antwaun Molden play like Ty Law and Rodney Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots