Bill Belichick's PostGame Press Conference Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Ian Logue

Here's the complete transcript of Bill Belichick's postgame press conference following their loss to the Steeleres....

Ian, if there is one article you can stop posting it is this one. There is nothing in there that I could not have written by myself even before he spoke.

Why I am so angry? This game was dicey I knew it, yet I am so angry. I am going offline for two weeks.

By: Ian Logue

Here's the complete transcript of Bill Belichick's postgame press conference following their loss to the Steeleres....

Thanks for posting this; I was looking for it and no one else had it. Curious to see his defense of not challenging the Gronk TD. Just seems to me you have to challenge that; nothing to lose.

Thanks for posting this; I was looking for it and no one else had it. Curious to see his defense of not challenging the Gronk TD. Just seems to me you have to challenge that; nothing to lose.

A timeout is valuable..

I think the not challenging the catch as a TD was one of the "we have to do a better job coaching" things...

Major FU by BB not to challenge.....his feet were clearly inside the EZ when the catch was made.....his coaches in the box should have yelled to challenge......

Would have saved minutes on the clock......and time was precious especially at that time of the game...

Pats D needs major work...Vollmer looked rusty as Hell...Faulk is a nice addition but Ridley should be getting experience...did he even see the field this afternoon?

Did they even throw a screen BOB? You know the one, that play they call to slow down the blitz....

I think the not challenging the catch as a TD was one of the "we have to do a better job coaching" things...

Major FU by BB not to challenge.....his feet were clearly inside the EZ when the catch was made.....his coaches in the box should have yelled to challenge......

Would have saved minutes on the clock......and time was precious especially at that time of the game...

Pats D needs major work...Vollmer looked rusty as Hell...Faulk is a nice addition but Ridley should be getting experience...did he even see the field this afternoon?

Did they even throw a screen BOB? You know the one, that play they call to slow down the blitz....

Who cares where his feet were?? Where the ball was looked inconclusive. BB probably didn't think Brady was going to take 40 seconds to get the next play off and then throw it to Faulk short of the end zone. Terrible execution all day. Couldn't block, couldn't tackle. The coaching was the least of the problems.

I always transcribe them immedialy after the game, so just wait a few and you'll see them :cool:

I,for one, would like to commend you again ,Ian, for all you do for us here at Patsfans.

Excellent link in a timely fashion...keeps the site on the cutting edge of Pats info and discussion.

:youtheman:

For one, I'n getting tired of Bill's smug attitude toward press conferences post game. Some one needs to tell Bill how it is straight up, leave him speechless, because he knows what you said was true. Tell him, he's not not the coveted defensive mastermind he once was, his play calling is horrendous, a 12 yr. old playing madden would scheme better then him. His personnel movements on defense is without question questionable, and he needs help. Tell him to hire Rex Ryans bro that works for Dallas, he'd be better than Bill at this point. I'm the biggest pats fan but I can spot a problem when I see it.

For one, I'n getting tired of Bill's smug attitude toward press conferences post game. Some one needs to tell Bill how it is straight up, leave him speechless, because he knows what you said was true. Tell him, he's not not the coveted defensive mastermind he once was, his play calling is horrendous, a 12 yr. old playing madden would scheme better then him. His personnel movements on defense is without question questionable, and he needs help. Tell him to hire Rex Ryans bro that works for Dallas, he'd be better than Bill at this point. I'm the biggest pats fan but I can spot a problem when I see it.

:trolls:

FAILtastic post!

Completely agree here. Good ol Bill's smuggery and unnecessarily condescending attitude act was a whole lot cuter when he actually had fresh ideas as a coach. With these stale gameplans and performances showcasing inabilities to adjust, this act is just annoying to fans and peers I would imagine.

Truth hurts. It's understandable bro. Your cute smiley shows no signs of any knowledgeable criticism towards my post. Any subsequent replys from you are null based on ignorance, and I bid you good day sir.

i don't have to read this to know what's in it.

BB: they made more plays than we did. they outcoached us and outplayed us. we just didn't execute very well today.

[END OF PRESS CONFERENCE]

If I was an expert graphologist/psychologist with the ability to read messageboard posts I would deduct 2 things about your post. (1.) You ARE a 12 year old who spends a lot of time playing Madden and (2.)your level as a poster labels you as a "rookie" which again is clearly evident from your rant. I rest my case.

Last edited:
If I were a rational human being I would label you as a know it all. Who for one doesn't like hearing criticism towards his Patriots. Your post mocking me, in an oh so cute way if I might add, not only shows your lack of maturity to grown up forums, but it leaves me feeling a little sorry for a man who I know is older than I. It leaves me not ashamed to say I am 19 and a lot wiser in the head than you mate. Your level of maturity and empathy towards someones post is evident in your use of the word rookie. A rookie doesn't signify incompetence towards the matter at hand only how long he's been doing it sir. And this rookie surely is beating your coveted veteran status sir

Completely agree here. Good ol Bill's smuggery and unnecessarily condescending attitude act was a whole lot cuter when he actually had fresh ideas as a coach. With these stale gameplans and performances showcasing inabilities to adjust, this act is just annoying to fans and peers I would imagine.

The problem is that he will be revered the same way he was in Cleveland the moment he has a losing record

i don't have to read this to know what's in it.

BB: they made more plays than we did. they outcoached us and outplayed us. we just didn't execute very well today.

[END OF PRESS CONFERENCE]

you forgot: we did what we thought would give us the best chance to win

mix and match these phrases and you got a BB press conference transcript.

If I were a rational human being I would label you as a know it all. Who for one doesn't like hearing criticism towards his Patriots. Your post mocking me, in an oh so cute way if I might add, not only shows your lack of maturity to grown up forums, but it leaves me feeling a little sorry for a man who I know is older than I. It leaves me not ashamed to say I am 19 and a lot wiser in the head than you mate. Your level of maturity and empathy towards someones post is evident in your use of the word rookie. A rookie doesn't signify incompetence towards the matter at hand only how long he's been doing it sir. And this rookie surely is beating your coveted veteran status sir

Yup. Just as I suspected. Thanks for proving my point.

There's nothing to say until you watch game film several times from different angles. He's doesn't feed the fans "NFL marketing-speak." So sue him.

Ron Ryan's defense has given up 367 yards total offense and 24 points tonight and they haven't gotten to the middle of the third quarter yet. Doubt "he's better than Bill at this point." I guess that 12 year old could have more than one NFL job tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes