PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said that in 2009. How many of us stick to plans we made 7 years ago?

I have. I planned years ago to live life by flying by the seat of my pants. Evidently I need a better pair of pants.

One thing we can be sure of. When BB retires it will be time for many posters on this board to retire as well.
BB being BB holds back the crazies that are Monday Morning QBs, without that, literally every 40 seconds something will happen that will create a new doom and gloom, I know more than the coach post.

Game day threads. :eek::eek::eek:

Bill is doing what he loves and has always wanted to do. I would bet a fair bit he doesn't even consider it work, more a labor of love and couldn't imagine doing anything else. He has earned the right to coach the New England Patriots for as long as he wants to. There will come a cold winter morning at some point where he wakes up and thinks ugh I don't want to work today. That is when he will retire and from everything I have seen he still wakes up saying I have the best job in the world. When will That change? Could be tomorrow could be a year from now could be 10 years from now, who knows? Not even Bill IMO so let's enjoy the GOAT coach while he continues to do his thing

One thing we can be sure of. When BB retires it will be time for many posters on this board to retire as well.
BB being BB holds back the crazies that are Monday Morning QBs, without that, literally every 40 seconds something will happen that will create a new doom and gloom, I know more than the coach post.
When BB and Brady are both gone, this board will resemble a ghost town. There will be zero patience from many here during the rebuilding period. Of course, once the team is successful again, the rats who fled the sinking ship will scurry back pretending they never left.

Some are already writing goodbye letters.
Despite the topic not being to most people liking .. this is a nice writing on the topic from Patspropaganda:

Coffin Corner: Eureka! Oh… damn.
_

Quote:
I think we’re more than halfway through the last season of the Hoodie. There I’ve said it.
He’s tired of it all. Tired of the league trying to keep up with his otherworldly ability to adapt to an ever-changing set of rules, not realizing that their changes give him more ammo. Tired of the league’s marketing department forcing him to use technology he doesn’t need or understand, or wear pink and camouflaged clothes that they can sell for “charity”. Tired of the media scrutiny on private letters or advice he gives to young circus creating players. Tired of Goodell’s leering eye looking for the next untied shoelace to take away his entire draft. We can all agree that something’s been different this year. He’s been less guarded, more forthright, more playful with the media even.

I predict that his fate is death.

How many more years do you see BB coaching? For example, would he stay on a year or two after Brady leaves/ retires to help groom the new QB? Factors such as family, health, drive will likely play a role. I'm assuming Kraft would never ever consider firing him, thus why I worded question this way.
Bill likes coaching. And, it's nice to come in to work each day and not have Parcells leering and storming around bullying everyone in sight including you. He wanted to come here, and he's been happy here. I think his least favorite part of the job is pressers.

The jury is 100% out as to what if anything Kraft has learned, or what Kraft will do. All you have to do is look at what the players are wearing every game to see that the answer is, nothing.

The best that could happen, when Bill retires, which could be several years away, is that we retain most or all of his staff. As to who'll lead them, the more input Belichick has in the decision, the better. I am confident that nobody here in Patriots country desires an operation resembling the vast majority in the NFL: a bunch of ignorant, arrogant dunderheads with an attention span of zero.

Like all of us, Red finally got old. The Pitino neutron bomb was endorsed by him I think, but it's hard to blame him for it. He gave us all he had, while he could. I can state emphatically that right here, locally where he held court for generations, almost nothing has been learned or implemented from Red by local pro teams. I mean, it's right there in front of you. Don't kid yourself; Red would have been successful no matter what era he lived in. But it's true, the stupider these pro leagues are today, the easier it will be to build and maintain a new dynasty.

Some are already writing goodbye letters.
Despite the topic not being to most people liking .. this is a nice writing on the topic from Patspropaganda:

Coffin Corner: Eureka! Oh… damn.
_

Quote:
I think we’re more than halfway through the last season of the Hoodie. There I’ve said it.
He’s tired of it all. Tired of the league trying to keep up with his otherworldly ability to adapt to an ever-changing set of rules, not realizing that their changes give him more ammo. Tired of the league’s marketing department forcing him to use technology he doesn’t need or understand, or wear pink and camouflaged clothes that they can sell for “charity”. Tired of the media scrutiny on private letters or advice he gives to young circus creating players. Tired of Goodell’s leering eye looking for the next untied shoelace to take away his entire draft. We can all agree that something’s been different this year. He’s been less guarded, more forthright, more playful with the media even.

I think he enjoys being smarter than all the ass wipes up at HQ. I think he enjoyed complementing Jeff Fisher's punter. hahaha I think he enjoys it all.

He may be less guarded etc... but I think the fourth SB is to blame for that. That SB cemented or bookended his legacy as well as TB's.

I think he's going to go after Shula's records, get another trophy or two and laugh when Goodell gets ousted before he retires.

I

I think he's going to go after Shula's records, get another trophy or two and laugh when Goodell gets ousted before he retires.
I hope Shula is alive if/when BB breaks his record just to p*ss the old guy off. It would kill him to know a Patriot coach broke his record and BB at that!!!!!

I think he enjoys being smarter than all the ass wipes up at HQ. I think he enjoyed complementing Jeff Fisher's punter. hahaha I think he enjoys it all.

He may be less guarded etc... but I think the fourth SB is to blame for that. That SB cemented or bookended his legacy as well as TB's.

I don't think he's into records .. breaking them even less. He's just “trying to win games“ ..

But what about the third option: Keeping the GM and passing HC to MP?
-

I don't think he's into records .. breaking them even less. He's just doing his job.

But what about the third option. Keeping the GM and passing HC to MP?
-

Based on his own HC of the NYJ experience I think he knows that no coach worth his salt will want BB's shadow hanging over him.

Let's see BB's fate... Hmmm... More wins, another SB or 2, more beat downs of the nitwits that call themselves journalists, induction into the HOF and then either coaching high school lacrosse or being some type of consultant at Annapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes