PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick - We are not worthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill was killing me with the 35 minute wait for this press conference, I kept having flashbacks to his I resign as HC of the NYJ PC.

Then he came out and TOTALLY REDEEMED himself! Most excited I've been after a pc since that NYJ one in 2000! Absolutely fantastic!

Was on the way back home from errands and only heard the tail end of it on call-in sports radio channel... he sounded feisty with the reporters at the end.

The guy "covering" it was screaming simultaneously that BB was all over the place and that the NFL has a problem with its officials and Goodell should just admit that and move on. So I don't feel bad that he thought Belichick was all over the place.

Reiss has been playing down the middle. I have no issue with his reporting.

Reiss had an article that headline "pats need to be accountable" after mortenson reported 11 balls were deflated. I emailed Reiss and called him out on it.

By the way, reiss is one of my favs.

Hey by the way, do we have anything other than ESPN as a source for the 11/12, 2 psi thing?

Reiss had an article that headline "pats need to be accountable" after mortenson reported 11 balls were deflated. I emailed Reiss and called him out on it.

By the way, reiss is one of my favs.
I missed that. Usually hes a little more reserved and doesn't jump to conclusions.

Must have been forced by his employer to pick a side.

That's not fair to Reiss. He said that if they did they needed to be held accountable. He also said that more information was needed before judgement could be passed.

That's not fair to Reiss. He said that if they did they needed to be held accountable. He also said that more information was needed before judgement could be passed.

The article was borderline argumentative. He mentioned in the article that (paraphrase) in light of this new development, he's changed his perspective on it. Then at the end, he still needs more info. I also had a problem with the headline.

Hey by the way, do we have anything other than ESPN as a source for the 11/12, 2 psi thing?

Nope. Mortenson came out with it and all the mediots have been taking him as gospel.

He will get a standing ovation from the entire team tomorrow.

I am as proud as ever to be a Patriots fan.

Here it is. Reiss says "This information alters my outlook on the overall story. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...d/4776756/patriots-should-be-held-accountable

So what. It should have "altered people's outlook" since it was the first thing leaked that actually had the potential to nail NE.

Look what Reiss said (emphasis is mine)

Mike Reiss said:
The Patriots, assuming the initial inspection of footballs by referee Walt Anderson and his crew was done correctly and that weather wasn't a factor, should be held accountable.

and

Mike Reiss said:
To be clear, more information is needed before any final judgment can be made on accountability.

Pretty weak sauce to be complaining about that.

Last edited:
So what. It should have "altered people's outlook" since it was the first thing leaked that actually had the potential to nail NE.

Look what Reiss said (emphasis is mine)

and

Pretty week sauce to be complaining about that.

Reiss is one of the few that I still consider a journalist/reporter with old school integrity and honor. So I always appreciate it when he just reports things and give two sides of the coin. I found that piece too personal for my liking. I emailed him to remind him of his job and why people like me still hold people like him in high regard. We can disagree on this.

I couldn't care less about the other keyboard commandos posing as journalists.

Who wants to come run through a wall? The players are going to be so fired up next week.

We all knew BB was the GOAT but damn today he didn't just knock it out of the park, he hit a game winning grand slam.

And I love the way the press conference began. He walked in as calm as ever. He asked the mediots how they were doing, a few asked him the same question back. His answer was "I feel good, I really do. In a good space (from memory). But to me that said it all. Let's go Pats

Reiss has been playing down the middle. I have no issue with his reporting.

Then we will agree to disagree.
Reiss is one of the few media guys that kept logic and rationality intertwined within the performance of his reporting. No an easy thing to do in an industry that is entrenched with lemmings, lops or idiocy, He has always been one of the few guys I respect in an industry that deserves no respect.

So what is his crowning achievement regarding what might be one of the most outrageous and phony scandals/stories in recent years(it was the lead story on just about every major news outlet)?? He, maybe, slanted toward the middle more than the those en masse surrounding him, only somewhat validating this theater of the surreal and absurd.
Considering there were a few, very few, out there who were calling it for what it obviously was (there were quite a few players were did this), it's disappointing to me to see Reiss considerably far from being one of the rational and logical.

I'm thinking Pacino's speech in Scent of a Woman.

Would have loved to hear BB say at the end, " Now if I hear one more word about this horse s*** I'LL TAKE A FLAMETHROWER TO THIS PLACE!"
Other than that he was perfect. In about twenty minutes he buried this farce of a story.

Belichick made me proud to be a fan of the Patriots today. I wear my FU to the haters tshirt in Arizone proudly.

There is 0.0% chance anything major happens now. No way in hell does Bellichick give THAT press conference if there was even a doubt the balls were tampered with.
dont be so sure nothing will happen. we are talking about rodger goodell. he makes alot of stupid decisions.

This is stupid, absolutely stupid. I see threads after threads on every NFL team forum on deflate gate, this is starting to take over people's lives. Please, i urge everyone ,move on!

If you are actually going to every teams forum I think it's your life you should be worried about.

Until last night, when I realized there had been a press conference, the best way I could have described last week was "cosmic buzzkill"...

However after reading his comments, made be believe that he is tired of being a doormat for these mediots, most of whom do not even understand football...

Good for you Bill, will wear the grey hoodie today in your homor..

F...all of you so called scribes and sports journalists, you ain't gonna kick Bill any more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back