PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Teams hungry for Pats’ top picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
this team has been looking for a reliable pass rusher off the edge for 3 years at least, its no secret. If we had someone to compliment cunningham (for example) it would up grade the whole pass rush as far as the team goes.

Last edited:
Hidden meaning, none of these guys fit our system and we are going to draft a couple of O lineman.

Ah good point. LOL. Or it means he wants to draft a CB and Safety in the first and is saying "Keep your dirty mitts off the defensive backs; they're mine". Maybe but I suspect you are right and what he is saying is "Keep your grubby paws off Carimi Pouncey and Watkins; they are mine Mine MINE"

Or maybe he wants to trade down...way down; wouldn't it be ah "interesting" to spend $65 for the Patriots draft party only to have BB trade out of the first round entirely. :eek:

He means it as a team performance. Not an individual pass rusher. If your pass rush is dependent on one person, teams can scheme around that player. But, if you can get pressure up the middle, around the edge, mixed in with some zone blitzes. It will put more consistent pressure on the other team.

A great individual pass rusher is a part of the team performance. He will get alot of attention and also make it easier for everybody else.

I would be very happy with JJ Watt at 17 and Ingram (or Pouncey/Carimi/Costanzo) with 28 or 33 allowing BB to trade the other pick to meet his constant desire to restock to draft pick stockpiles.

Watt: Can provide the consistent pass rush from a 3-4 DE that Pats haven't had since Seymour's Prime.

Ingram: Dillonesque.

Enough said.

Ya right. What did Howie Carr say was the motto on Beacon Hill? "Nothing is on the level. Everything is a deal. No deal is too small."
OK, everyone knows the pats need help on the Defensive front seven, BB said we need help on the front seven, and that the pats and other teams need to make the right pick. Teams need to do their homework because its important that you don't pick the wrong guy. So explain to the viewing audience how this nefarious plan by BB to fool other teams into thinking something otherwise works.?

I just wonder if BB is trying to drive up the market more because yes, there is a massive influx of interest and he's trying to turn the interest to a frenzy.

Part of me is concerned if there is no season you are drafting players who will atrophy? I just wonder if BB will make moves to get out of this draft completely, or take the highest talent he can at this draft while maximizing picks next year so if there is atrophy the effects will be minimal?

All Bill is doing is allowing the league GM's to trust him again. He's already made his value picks, and his trade worthy picks.

If he said tomorrow that he was interested in Cam Newton, Espn and the rest of the NFL would soil themselves.

All Bill is doing is allowing the league GM's to trust him again. He's already made his value picks, and his trade worthy picks.

If he said tomorrow that he was interested in Cam Newton, Espn and the rest of the NFL would soil themselves.

Good one! lol

I would be very happy if we got JJ Watt. He reminds me of a defensive version of Gronk- very passionate.

He's also smart and scheme versatile, is known for his leadership and work ethic. If we move up at all, it will be to get this kid.

To be more precise, they're in desperate need of a better pass rush, which isn't quite the same thing.

Words of Wisdom, Brother!! :rocker:

You do realize that your statement will totally confuse over half of the fanbase?

To be more precise, they're in desperate need of a better pass rush, which isn't quite the same thing.

What in hell do you mean by that?

Perfect!!
jester.gif

I would be very happy if we got JJ Watt. He reminds me of a defensive version of Gronk- very passionate.

He's also smart and scheme versatile, is known for his leadership and work ethic. If we move up at all, it will be to get this kid.

I wonder how long it will be before Watt is better than Seymour. Not prime Seymour; just Seymour-as-he-is-then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back