PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Q&A, 9/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s the complete transcript of the Q&A between Head Coach Bill Belichick and reporters this morning at Gillette Stadium: BB: I think you got a list of transactions. Certainly the last 48 hours, a lot of that time has been consumed with our different personnel decisions. I’m sure that by the time this week [...]

More...

I think it's totally awesome that I can predict the answers to those questions and be almost word-for-word correct. That was a fun read.

I think it's totally awesome that I can predict the answers to those questions and be almost word-for-word correct. That was a fun read.

If he'd change his catch phrase to Day by Day, they could put on a performance of Godspell during each press conference.:D

What exactly did Bam Childress have to say about Garrett Mills?

LOL... The way I read that it sounds like BB is in a bad mood.. Very b@tchy... I almost feel sorry for the reporters having to listen to that...

BB's strategy in dealing with - or, rather, NOT dealing with - questions re: Rodney's situation (which he covered nicely in his introductory comments) and the Childress controversy (which he ducked at the end of the PC) was classic.

I really don't know why these media guys ask the questions, they KNOW he won't answer any of them, pretty pointless to me, why not just ask about something he will actually answer?

In all the meaningless, vanella, "I ain't telling you jack" PC's and interviews, that one ranks pretty pretty high.

Great stuff from the master :rocker:

Bella*chick said:

I know, and I understand every word he doesn't say, and grasp the significance of every question he doesn't answer - I don't even have to refer to my Belichick to English dictionary any more. They should skip the PC and just put his image on a screen we could all view for 3-4 minutes a day. :D

Rodney will be BACK in week 5, it is what it is, I don't make the rules just have to work around them, eventually they'll all play or they'd be on IR, if I told you what my game plan was I'd have to kill you, Childress is a bushleaguer which is why he's coaching in Minnesota.

I really don't know why these media guys ask the questions, they KNOW he won't answer any of them, pretty pointless to me, why not just ask about something he will actually answer?

He missed a potential zinger on the question of whether they considered putting Randy on PUP (like we never consider that once they practice...). Must have like the questioner. As I recall Felger asked a rather pointed question at a PC last year where he referenced a player who wasn't on the roster in question...

I'll say this for Felger though, a long time ago - before he became a multi-mediot - he claimed he understood and appreciated, as others here did not, that Bill's job wasn't to make his easier or tip his hand in an effort to placate the media or inquiring fans who just want to know. His job is to win football games, day by day.... :singing:

It's fun to imagine if I had to give a daily press conference based on my job or family life or something.

Day to day.

It is what it is.

We'll have a better idea after seeing the game film.

He has a sore leg.

I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

That's what practice is for.

There were some good things out there. Some of it we could have done better.

We just have to play better and coach better.

I'm happy for our team, they put in a good effort today against a very tough opponent.

We'll play different combinations of people, it will depend on the situation.

We're looking forward to the challenge -- they're a very talented and well-coached team. One of the best offenses we'll face all year.

OK, that should cover things through the end of January. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes